Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Bergdahl Swap Violated Law, GAO Says

http://online.wsj.com/articles/bergdahl-swap-violated-law-gao-says-1408654397

"The Obama administration violated the law when it failed to give Congress adequate notice about the transfer of five detainees from Guantanamo Bay as part of a swap for Sgt.

Bowe Bergdahl, the investigative arm of Congress said Thursday."

The department also violated another law that prohibits federal employees from spending money not authorized by Congress. "DOD should report its Antideficiency Act violation

as required by law," the GAO said.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/bergdahl-swap-violated-law-gao-says-1408654397

"The Obama administration violated the law when it failed to give Congress adequate notice about the transfer of five detainees from Guantanamo Bay as part of a swap for Sgt.

Bowe Bergdahl, the investigative arm of Congress said Thursday."

The department also violated another law that prohibits federal employees from spending money not authorized by Congress. "DOD should report its Antideficiency Act violation

as required by law," the GAO said.

i wonder what they're going to do about it? and and i agree with mdc, they keep him and the terrorists we gave back. that makes room for 5 high ranking senators or administration officials to spend their retirements in a tropical setting.

I saw somewhere yesterday that ISIS demanded a 149 million dollar ransom in exchange for the beheaded journalist a couple of months ago. Apparently, the administration contemplated it. My guess is the only reason they didn't do it was it was against the law and congress wouldn't have approved it. Looks like we do negotiate with terrorists.

Looks like we do negotiate with terrorists.

Since at least Carter, yes.

I saw somewhere yesterday that ISIS demanded a 149 million dollar ransom in exchange for the beheaded journalist a couple of months ago. Apparently, the administration contemplated it. My guess is the only reason they didn't do it was it was against the law and congress wouldn't have approved it. Looks like we do negotiate with terrorists.

:lol: :rolleyes:

We always have.

Eric Holder's Justice Department green-lighted the decision not to notify Congress -- as required by law -- before the Pentagon traded five Taliban fighters for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl last year, the Obama administration's point person on Guantanamo Bay policy testified Thursday.

Speaking to the Senate Armed Services Committee, defense official Brian McKeon was questioned on what is still a sore spot for many members of Congress: that the administration went forward with the Taliban-Bergdahl swap without giving Congress the typically required 30-day notification.

Carter! :mad:

Can I be angry at Carter too? :huh:

They should gave given them arms for Beghdal, maybe some missiles, like that old guy who was president in the 80's did. Don, or Ron or something?

They should gave given them arms for Beghdal, maybe some missiles, like that old guy who was president in the 80's did. Don, or Ron or something?

what was the soldiers name Donny traded for ? Was he a traitor too ?

My problem with Obama is he thinks he can do whatever he wants cause he's the president. The law doesn't matter and neither does congress. He needs to be kicked out of office and replaced. I worked as a doctor in the military until December of last year so I couldn't speak bad about him or I could have gotten in trouble. But every military member I worked with and know hates Obama

Obama finally said screw these Republicans trying to logjam every single decision I make. Good for him.

Ducky thinks the POTUS can just break any ol law he wants if he doesn't get his way. I wonder if he will have the same stance when a Rep is in office.

Ducky thinks the POTUS can just break any ol law he wants if he doesn't get his way. I wonder if he will have the same stance when a Rep is in office.

well he does hang with jzee ...so he should get to, cus that's totally wicked cool

Obama is your King, Harelip. You don't have to like it, but he's saying screw you. :finger:

RP accusing others of partisan hypocrisy is in itself the height of partisan hypocrisy.

got a name ole gov teat sucker ?

what was the soldiers name Donny traded for ? Was he a traitor too ?

So, because I don't know the name of the hostage, that means Reagen didn't trade arms for hostages?

My problem with Obama is he thinks he can do whatever he wants cause he's the president. The law doesn't matter and neither does congress. He needs to be kicked out of office and replaced. I worked as a doctor in the military until December of last year so I couldn't speak bad about him or I could have gotten in trouble. But every military member I worked with and know hates Obama

I don't know a single military member who hates him.

Nor would they say such a thing. They may disagree with him...but every military member I know has more respect for the position of the President than to talk as you did.

You should stick to crybaby Pats threads on the main board...

Nor would they say such a thing. They may disagree with him...but every military member I know has more respect for the position of the President than to talk as you did.

And you won't hear military folks talk one way or the other.

Who is Reagen?

Sorry, meant Reagan.

Reagen is my pet name for your mothers backside that I violate when the mood strikes me.

Lol GTFO. Reason you won't hear them talk that way to civilians is because we get in trouble for saying something bad about him. Behind closed doors? I have yet to meet someone who doesn't wish he would get kicked out of office. You civilians have no clue the amount we have gotten screwed over by him and his administration.

Lol GTFO. Reason you won't hear them talk that way to civilians is because we get in trouble for saying something bad about him. Behind closed doors? I have yet to meet someone who doesn't wish he would get kicked out of office. You civilians have no clue the amount we have gotten screwed over by him and his administration.

And you dont seem to know squat about anything for that matter.

Military gets screwed by every politician. HTH.

Last I checked you didn't serve and I did :thumbsup: don't comment on stuff you have no clue about. Thank you

So much for selfless service, I'm glad you got the out. They're usually weeded out much quicker, but I'm glad the system worked in yor case.

You think members of the military wouldn't get in trouble for bad mouthing the CIC to the public?

You are more clueless than I thought. Didn't think that was possible.

this is the truth

Last I checked you didn't serve and I did :thumbsup: don't comment on stuff you have no clue about. Thank you

You having served doesn't mean you kniw anything...which is obvious.

So much for selfless service, I'm glad you got the ###### out. They're usually weeded out much quicker, but I'm glad the system worked in yor case.

Yea selfless service is right. When was the last time you did that? And no didn't need to get weeded out. Wanted my med school paid for and do something good for my country. It's the leader who has pulled the moral down and made a lot of military members miserable. We respect the position but the position alone. The man in the position is the one we don't like and when we get out we voice our opinion over it

Right wingers love to say the military loved Reagan. Maybe defense contractors and the pentagon did, but me and the grunts I was with had no love for him.

You having served doesn't mean you kniw anything...which is obvious.

More than you on the subject concerning military members :thumbsup:

Not saying I speak for them all. What I said was I was in, didn't like him over the way we were treated or actions he took, and didn't know anyone else I served with who liked him either

Please don't try to defend someone for a group of people whom you don't know anything about

Yea selfless service is right. When was the last time you did that? And no didn't need to get weeded out. Wanted my med school paid for and do something good for my country. It's the leader who has pulled the moral down and made a lot of military members miserable. We respect the position but the position alone. The man in the position is the one we don't like and when we get out we voice our opinion over it

I hit 18 years this may