Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Anyone ever leave their kid in the backseat?

Let's say for the sake of argument, you do forget your child is in the backseat.. Whether it be bcoz you broke your routine, you were rushed, whatever...... Do you really forget about them all day? I accidentally leave my phone in the truck, I'm aware of it within minutes - you forget your young child is in there, and you don't think about them for an hour or two - maybe longer?

I still don't buy it.

I have 20 years of long term pot use. I can forget my name damn near. I have never ever, one time ever forgot the boy anywhere. It blows my mind that anyone could forget a kid in the car.

Stoners are known to be forgetful and dull.

Which leads me to why aren't these daycare centers contacting parents like 5 minutes after school starts if the kid isn't there?

Let's say for the sake of argument, you do forget your child is in the backseat.. Whether it be bcoz you broke your routine, you were rushed, whatever...... Do you really forget about them all day? I accidentally leave my phone in the truck, I'm aware of it within minutes - you forget your young child is in there, and you don't think about them for an hour or two - maybe longer?

I still don't buy it.

How often do you access your phone during the workday? Versus, how often do you think "I wonder if I left my kid in the car" during the workday? Actually I'm not sure you have kids, but if not hopefully you get my point. :thumbsup:

How often do you access your phone during the workday? Versus, how often do you think "I wonder if I left my kid in the car" during the workday? Actually I'm not sure you have kids, but if not hopefully you get my point. :thumbsup:

It's not a matter of how often you wonder "did I leave my kids d in the car" - it's how often does a normal person think about their child, one so young that it requires a car seat..... People really have kids, that small, that 100% dependent on them - and go hours on end not thinking about them?

I find that utterly ridiculous.

Persons Responsible for Heatstroke Deaths of Children

In the period of 1998 through 2016, a total of 700 infants and children died of heatstroke inside hot motor vehicles. Just over half (376, 54%) of these were accidently forgotten by a parent or other caregiver, 28% (198) gained access to a vehicle on their own and 17% (120) died after being left intentionally inside a vehicle. A breakdown within each of these categories is below.

http://noheatstroke.org/responsible.htm

Yet another liberal lack of personal accountability. Anybody who's ever been around children or knows anything about them knows that they make a hell of a lot of noise. So suddenly, now that their life is on the line they grow mute? For fucksake, you are first and foremost responsible for your own life. If they're going to go all Marcel Marceau at the worst possible moment, I don't know how you can blame the parent for that.

Yet another liberal lack of personal accountability. Anybody who's ever been around children or knows anything about them knows that they make a hell of a lot of noise. So suddenly, now that their life is on the line they grow mute? For fucksake, you are first and foremost responsible for your own life. If they're going to go all Marcel Marceau at the worst possible moment, I don't know how you can blame the parent for that.

You obviously do not have kids. If your kid is quiet that is THE MOST important time to pay attention to them. They are like focking ninjas.

Wooooosh

If someone has a hard time telling if you are being sarcastic or being a moron that is YOUR fault in the delivery. I read your statement and thought realistically that you were saying that. Re-reading it it would be easier to take you at face value than to think it was sarcasm.

If someone has a hard time telling if you are being sarcastic or being a moron that is YOUR fault in the delivery. I read your statement and thought realistically that you were saying that. Re-reading it it would be easier to take you at face value than to think it was sarcasm.

Whatever you say, dimwit.😂

It's not a matter of how often you wonder "did I leave my kids d in the car" - it's how often does a normal person think about their child, one so young that it requires a car seat..... People really have kids, that small, that 100% dependent on them - and go hours on end not thinking about them?

I find that utterly ridiculous.

Yeah. Ive always known exactly where my kids are and under whose care they are at all times.

I believe all responsibile parents do.

Whatever you say, dimwit.

hahahahahaaha. WIff calling someone a dimwit.

Yeah. Ive always known exactly where my kids are and under whose care they are at all times.

I believe all responsibile parents do.

This.

This.

I don't think it's a case of not knowing who is watching the kids. I'm guessing in these cases a routine is changed. Usually Mom drops the kid at daycare but couldn't that day. Dad takes the kid that day, kid falls asleep in car, and he goes straight to work because that's his normal routine. It's not that unbelievable.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a case of not knowing who is watching the kids. I'm guessing in these cases a routine is changed. Usually Mom drops the kid at daycare but couldn't that day. Dad takes the kid that day, kid falls asleep in car, and he goes to work because that's his normal routine. It's not that unbelievable.

this was always my thought too. My GBI agent friend says notsofast. She saw more on purpose than accident.

I don't think it's a case of not knowing who is watching the kids. I'm guessing in these cases a routine is changed. Usually Mom drops the kid at daycare but couldn't that day. Dad takes the kid that day, kid falls asleep in car, and he goes straight to work because that's his normal routine. It's not that unbelievable.

It's more than that; IMO it's the primary routine driver who deviates from her routine who has the problem. In my case, it was never an issue for me because I wasn't the primary person taking our son to day care so I had no routine. My wife who was the primary dropoff person had several cases where her routine was changed and she got to work thankfully realizing that our quiet ninja son was still in the car.

this was always my thought too. My GBI agent friend says notsofast. She saw more on purpose than accident.

Your anecdotal discussion with a single agent is refuted by Baker Boy's link, for which I can't vouch for the accuracy but I guarantee you this happens on accident all too frequently.