Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Austin man sues date for texting during movie

A man is suing a Round Rock woman for texting during a movie date at the Barton Creek Square theater, according to a petition filed in small claims court in Travis County.
Brandon Vezmar, 37, of Austin filed the claim Thursday against his date. He is asking for $17.31, which was the price of the movie ticket to a 3D showing of “Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2,” he told the American-Statesman Tuesday.
The 35-year-old woman, reached by phone Tuesday, said she didn’t know about the claim against her. She asked that her name not be used.
“Oh my God,” she said. “This is crazy.”
Vezmar, who has his own communications consulting company, said he met the woman online and went with her on their first date May 6 to the movie.
“It was kind of a first date from hell,” he said. About 15 minutes after the movie began, Vezmar said, his date started texting on her phone. “This is like one of my biggest pet peeves.”
In the petition, Vezmar said the woman “activated her phone at least 10-20 times in 15 minutes to read and send text messages.”
Vezmar said he asked her to stop but she refused. He said he told her that maybe she could go outside to text. She left the theater and never came back, Vezmar said.
She also left in her car, which they had driven to the theater, leaving Vezmar without a ride, he said. He said he texted her a few days later asking for the price of the ticket but she refused to pay it.
The woman said Tuesday she only texted on her phone in the theater two or three times.
“I had my phone low and I wasn’t bothering anybody,” she said. She was texting a friend, who was having a fight with her boyfriend, she said. “It wasn’t like constant texShe said Vezmar had called her to ask her to pay him back for the movie ticket but she refused because “he took me out on a date.”
She said she also planned to file a protective order against Vezmar for contacting her little sister to get the money for the movie ticket.
According to the petition, the texting was a “direct violation” of the theater’s policy and that his date “adversely” affected Vezmar’s viewing experience and that of other patrons.
“While damages sought are modest, the principle is important as defendant’s behavior is a threat to civilized society,” the petition said.
“I’m not a bad woman,” the woman told the Statesman. “I just went out on a date.

I like it.

God I can't focking stand when people can't leave their phone alone for 30 mins.

So, he took her to a space raccoon movie on their first date? Stud.

I like it.

God I can't focking stand when people can't leave their phone alone for 30 mins.

I dig it too. One of my biggest pet peeves as well. Hope he wins, I wouldn't waste my time but I'm glad it is worth it to someone.

movie at the theater on a first date is a poor choice anyway.

Not with a girl you met online.

Likely there was lots of messaging before hand

I wouldn't even show up unless she agreed to theater head.

I don't have time to waste on "Dating" fock off

Not with a girl you met online.

Likely there was lots of messaging before hand

I wouldn't even show up unless she agreed to theater head.

I don't have time to waste on "Dating" fock off

netflix and takeout!

netflix and takeout!

When I used to meet sluts from yahoo chat back in the late 90s early 2000s

I lived a 5 min walk to dominoes and blockbuster

if they were too ugly to be seen with in public, I'd order take out and find something to watch on TV

if they were public ready we'd walk to blockbuster and grab a pizza

they all knew why they were coming to hang out

Keep in mind that he's probably only going to see single figures once his lawyer wets his beak.

But I get it, it's the principle. :thumbsup:

Fake :thumbsdown:

You can tell just from that text exchange. <_<

let's remember, he also wants $4 back for the pizza

damn.... imagine the money we could have gotten back from the "real" bad dates we have had before the super models

Always a poor choice for first date. No interaction, no getting to know you stuff, too early for physical contact. My deal sealer for online dates was a hip little sushi lounge around the corner from my apt. No need to drive and it's right by the house.

i would either go to old town (o'hungry's, old town mexican cafe, casa de pico) or la jolla. every once in a while downtown or hillcrest. back then the gaslamp was not well developed. places that had a fun, casual atmosphere and if things went well.... picnic around mission bay or the cliffs around la jolla/del mar.

like jr stated- if i knew this was not someone i wanted to spend a lot of time with .... movie rental and delivery

Fake in the sense that they're just trying to go viral. She wouldn't say "zOMG I can't believe you would take this to court!"

She would say "fock off and die, never text me again @sswhole".

Should have gone to an Alamo Drafthouse...

Yes they should have. Someone would have told her to turn it off or leave

He's going for that George Michael look.

Baby, I know you're asking me to pay. Say please, please, please don't text that way. You say I'm giving you the blues. :music_guitarred:

Did you see what she said the texts were?

A friend checking to make sure she was save on the date.

Bullcrap. That's one text.

probably played dungeons and dragons and soccer growing up

:D

No real man would do this. Since it's in Austin, he's most likely a snowflake.

She paid up :lol:

She is not exactly a prize, but I think that he probably will never get laid again (for the 2nd time?).

Maybe not but she is gonna have a hard time getting a date again.

I know of I was on Austin id pass. And my standards are pretty low

I'd bring her to the movies and text with her.

:music_guitarred:

I'd bring her to the movies and text with her.

:music_guitarred:

She would be a good one to play the popcorn game with. She will not even be paying attention as she reaches into the tub. :banana:

She would be a good one to play the popcorn game with. She will not even be paying attention as she reaches into the tub. :banana:

:clap: