Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Goddell signs 5 year extension for $200,000,000

JERRAH!!!

Destroyed the Spygate tapes. Sure paid off, and gave him lifetime leverage.

Big scheme it's kind of a meh..But i LOVE that JERRAH didn't get his way. Nice to see a rich SOB not ALWAYS win!

Yeah, I'm a tad jealous, so what

Wow. I went into the wrong business. Should have been an incompetent commissioner, instead of a crappy programmer.

Wow. I went into the wrong business. Should have been an incompetent commissioner, instead of a crappy programmer.

Lifetime of brown-nosing pays off.

Goodell began his NFL career in 1982 as an administrative intern in the league office in New York under then-Commissioner Pete Rozelle. The position was secured through a letter-writing campaign to the league office and each of its then 28 teams.[11][12] In 1983, he joined the New York Jets as an intern, but returned to the league office in 1984 as an assistant in the public relations department.[13][14][15]

In 1987, Goodell was appointed assistant to the president of the American Football Conference, Lamar Hunt, and under the tutelage of Commissioner Paul Tagliabue filled a variety of football and business operations roles, culminating with his appointment as the NFL's Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer in December 2001. As the NFL's COO, Goodell took responsibility for the league's football operations and officiating, as well as supervised league business functions. He headed NFL Ventures, which oversees the league's business units, including media properties, marketing and sales, stadium development, and strategic planning.[16]

Goodell was heavily involved in the negotiation of the collective bargaining agreement with the NFLPA and NFL owners during the summer of 2011.[17] He also played an extensive role in league expansion, realignment, and stadium development, including the launch of the NFL Network and securing new television agreements.[16]

Should have been an incompetent commissioner

you knocked this one out of the park

Maybe if your Daddy was senator like his.

you knocked this one out of the park

:first:

I'm sure you'll have no problem setting the bar even lower. Judging from the new rules thread, you're well on your way already!

Destroyed the Spygate tapes. Sure paid off, and gave him lifetime leverage.

Nah... he's got them locked up somewhere. That's his leverage.

Nah... he's got them locked up somewhere. That's his leverage.

Either way. He saved football from a scandal that they may not have recovered from. Why else would he destroy or hide them?

Why would you want to be ksb?

Rope a bottle of malt liquor and toss it in a dumpster behind a KFC. Whoever you fish out, give him a bath, make him NFL commissioner and offer him $15,000/year. Then sit back and watch things improve.

Seems like par for the course when you run a business as equitable as the NFL :dunno:

Owners make money and the fans suffer. The guy is destroying the game and the product but lets give him an extension and a raise :doh:

Owners make money and the fans suffer. The guy is destroying the game and the product but lets give him an extension and a raise :doh:

The NFL is in the process of proving the maxim pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

90% of it is incentives.

What would Goodell have done if the owners said, "Fock you?" We think you're worth $1M per year. Here's a 5-year, $5M deal.

I feel like his position is relatively easily replaceable. And it's not like there area bunch of high-paying commish jobs out there waiting to be filled...

What would Goodell have done if the owners said, "Fock you?" We think you're worth $1M per year. Here's a 5-year, $5M deal.

I feel like his position is relatively easily replaceable. And it's not like there area bunch of high-paying commish jobs out there waiting to be filled...

he got a 4 million dollar deal per year + incentives

he got a 4 million dollar deal per year + incentives

I wonder how difficult those will be to attain. Something tells me he won't have any issue hitting $30M per year.

Rope a bottle of malt liquor and toss it in a dumpster behind a KFC. Whoever you fish out, give him a bath, make him NFL commissioner and offer him $15,000/year. Then sit back and watch things improve.

I have wondered what service this guy provides that is worth that money. He walked into a perfect situation. Just had to not fock it up.

I guess one thing he did well, at least by the owners, is fock the players pretty hard in the CBA?

December 7th is a day that will live in infamy.

He would have said "remember that whole spygate mess I made go away?"