Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Deion and LT's reenactment of Bill's coach Sean McDermott asking Tyrod Taylor to play

That's retarded. If a coach told you to play, and you hesitated for a second guess what? I cut your ass tomorrow and let everyone know why. Good luck with your career after that.

That's retarded. If a coach told you to play, and you hesitated for a second guess what? I cut your ass tomorrow and let everyone know why. Good luck with your career after that.

You sure the coach isn't the one getting fire for being unable to maximize the talents on the team. Players win game, coach just have to make sure he doesn't loss it for everyone else.

The Bills organization catches hell staying out of its own way.

Peterman was in no way ready to be on an NFL field and they stuck him out there anyway. And they got embarrassed by a team that can find a way to get into a dogfight without anyone.

They deserve to be razzed about it at least a little bit.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-felt-disrespected-by-the-bills-starting-rookie-qb-nathan-peterman/

While Tyrod Taylor never said anything publicly, it's fair to assume that he felt disrespected by first-year Bills coach Sean McDermott's decision to bench him for rookie fifth-round pick Nathan Peterman ahead of Sunday's game against the Chargers.

The results were worse than anyone could have imagined; Peterman threw five interceptions in 30 minutes of football and was mercifully benched at halftime.

After the game, the Chargers' defense said what Taylor didn't.

"I'm pretty sure we might've felt a little disrespected," cornerback Casey Hayward said, via the San Diego Union Tribune. "…We've got two really good pass rushers, probably the top tandem in the NFL. We've got really good corners. …We've got really good safeties. They do it against us? "Trippin'."

Hayward had two interceptions on the afternoon as the Chargers cruised to a 52-24 victory and led 37-7 by the time Taylor replaced Peterman.

Pass rusher Joey Bosa added: "He's a rookie, (so) obviously coming in there he's going to be a little shaken up. Getting some pressure in there, and once we got the first one or two, then it kind of shook him a little. (Melvin Ingram) and I both knew that if we were able to build pressure and get in his face that he would make some bad decisions with the football."

First-year coach Anthony Lynn, who was the Bills' interim coach last season, game-planned to pressure Peterman silly.

"We studied all the preseason film, and every time he was under pressure, his completion percentage was a lot lower," Lynn said. "We didn't have to manufacture the pressure. We have guys (who) can apply it. They did a good job of that."

The Chargers weren't alone in their confusion about why Peterman was in the lineup. Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman tweeted during the game that the Bills made a grave mistake and wondered if the team would cut Peterman after one of the worst performances by an NFL quarterback in history.

It's not clear if Sherman's question was rhetorical but the Bills are keeping Peterman. In fact, after the game, McDermott said, "I don't regret my decision. I regret the result. ...This is in part about winning now and in part about winning in the future."

He added that he'll need to review the film before deciding who will be the Bills' starter this week against the Chiefs. And if Kansas City's defenders are anything like those from the Chargers, they'll welcome the opportunity to face Peterman.

Hayward said he and his teammates were licking their chops when they found out Peterman would star.

"Either he's going to do really good or really bad," Hayward said, chuckling. ...

"We just took advantage of the disrespect."

There's an article on another site postulating that after the saints loss sent the bills to 5-4, the management / coaching staff looked at the remaining schedule and saw one game at KC and 2 games vs NE they were likely to lose. If they start Taylor and win the other games they go 9-7 and are stuck in the worst possible place. Likely out of the playoffs, but without a high draft pick. In addition, staff was never high on Taylor as a good fit for what they wanted to do long term and would rather go 5-11 with Peterman starting than 9-7 with Taylor, costing themselves a higher first round pick and if they had made the playoffs, making it impossible to move on from Taylor in the off-season without public outcry and team dissent.

Obviously it still is going to screw up the locker room, but if they are dead set in moving on from Taylor, losing with Peterman may be the easier way to do that and move into a pick where drafting a QB is an option.

Why are you taking this so serious? It really didn't happen like this. Tyrod was very professional and said in the press conference that he was going to keep preparing the way he normally does. He didn't reject the offer to go in. The reenactment was how he probably felt inside.

I have no doubt that the decision to bench him came from the front office. I'm sure McDermott knew Peterman wasn't ready but had to prove to them by throwing him to the wolves. The problem with this scenario is the Bills are still in the playoff hunt and now the players feels like the owner/front office is willing to throw that away for the "future."