Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Federer > Woods

neutrality becomes you :ninja:

I'm not neutral. I like them both. That's not neutral. Neutral would be if I didn't care one way or the other about either one. And did I mention that they're both worthy of beer??? :mad:

I'm not neutral. I like them both. That's not neutral. Neutral would be if I didn't care one way or the other about either one. And did I mention that they're both worthy of beer??? :wub:

How can you be ghey and not ghey at the same time?

i mean let's apply this in the real world.

strike... if i were to say to you "hey... you wanna go play some tennis?"

"no you phagg... and quit looking at my ass"

or "hey strike you wanna go play some golf?"

"yeah... i'll grab some beer"

because you're too uncoordinated to play that makes it gay? :lol:

you can drink beer after playing any sport, it's all the same.

Tennis is much more of a sport than golf.

Any shmuck can swing a golf club, not many people can run around on a tennis court for 2 hours.

tennis > golf

hth

so federer > woods, but where do babe ruth, pele, michael jordan, mark spitz, scott hamilton, jerry rice, and george w. bush fit in the spectrum of greatness?

so federer > woods, but where do babe ruth, pele, michael jordan, mark spitz, scott hamilton, jerry rice, and george w. bush fit in the spectrum of greatness?

It's rare that 2 athletes completely dominate their respective sports at the same time. that's where this all came from. We're talking Federer and Woods and who is more dominant in their sport right now. Noone else matters.

Tennis is much more of a sport than golf.

Any shmuck can swing a golf club, not many people can run around on a tennis court for 2 hours.

tennis > golf

And shmuck can play any sport...but not well.

That anyone can swing a golf club means what? Nothing...not any shmuck can consistently hit the fairway, or scramble out of the rough, or chip well when you need it, or hit a ridiculous approach with a ton of spin to stop the ball on a dime....

Your argument here sucks...as usual.

And shmuck can play any sport...but not well.

That anyone can swing a golf club means what? Nothing...not any shmuck can consistently hit the fairway, or scramble out of the rough, or chip well when you need it, or hit a ridiculous approach with a ton of spin to stop the ball on a dime....

Your argument here sucks...as usual.

where did I say you didn't need to keep it in the fairway?

FACT: On a high school level. you need to be in decent shape to play tennis, forget everything else about the sport.

FACT: On a high school level. you can weigh 250 pounds and barely be able to walk to play golf, forget everything else about the sport.

Let's go skippy, try to keep up here

I said Tennis was more of a sport than Golf, Tennis is MUCH harder to play than Golf. Why do more people golf? I'm sure more people think it is more fun. also because they don't have to be in shape to play.

this argument is kind of stupid. i think someone has a vendetta against tiger. is it elin-envy maybe?

this argument is kind of stupid. i think someone has a vendetta against tiger. is it elin-envy maybe?

:cheers:

Tiger is the best golfer in the world and I would much rather watch Tiger play golf than Roger play tennis. Tiger Woods has done more for golf than any person has done for a sport in a very long time. Most tournaments Tiger is not in, most people won't even watch. Also, Tiger is my favorite golfer and I have loved watching him play since his days in the U.S. Amateur Championship.

What does that have to do with my thinking Roger Federer is more dominant in tennis right now, than Tiger is in golf? :dunno:

where did I say you didn't need to keep it in the fairway?

FACT: On a high school level. you need to be in decent shape to play tennis, forget everything else about the sport.

FACT: On a high school level. you can weigh 250 pounds and barely be able to walk to play golf, forget everything else about the sport.

Let's go skippy, try to keep up here

I said Tennis was more of a sport than Golf, Tennis is MUCH harder to play than Golf. Why do more people golf? I'm sure more people think it is more fun. also because they don't have to be in shape to play.

Weighing more means that it is more of a sport?

There is a difference between being more "athletic" of a sport, or a sport where you need to be in shape...than it is to be more of a sport.

Its much harder to be in a triatholon than play tennis does that make it more of a sport?

More people play golf for several reasons...

A. You don't have to have someone to play against.

B. It is an easier sport for an amateur to enjoy no matter what his/her skill level is.

C. It is 10X more fun than tennis.

No need to try and keep up...Im just tearing apart your completely ridiculous argument...you should be used to that by now...from everyone on the board...

B. It is an easier sport for an amateur to enjoy no matter what his/her skill level is.

B and C are totally and completely subjective points.

B and C are totally and completely subjective points.

That they are...and C even moreso and more of a joke.

But if Tennis were so fun and great...you think more people would play...as it costs a hell of alot less.

Once you have a racket and balls...uh...he said balls...uh huh huh huh.... you can pretty much play for free.

Weighing more means that it is more of a sport?

There is a difference between being more "athletic" of a sport, or a sport where you need to be in shape...than it is to be more of a sport.

Its much harder to be in a triatholon than play tennis does that make it more of a sport?

No need to try and keep up...Im just tearing apart your completely ridiculous argument...you should be used to that by now...from everyone on the board...

Like a moth to a flame, sho nuff to an edjr post. :dunno: :cheers:

Like a moth to a flame, sho nuff to an edjr post. :dunno: :cheers:

Great come back...in other words...you cannot refute what I said...you realize your argument was ridiculous...so now you will play the stalking card.

It has nothing to do with you...other than the fact that you make idiotic posts that are easily countered.

It's rare that 2 athletes completely dominate their respective sports at the same time.

rare?

tiger, federer, sorenstam, jordan, armstrong, williams sisters, sampras...bit harder to do in baseball-football-hockey

that's a lot of rarity in the last 10 to 15 years

how bout the 80s? Rice, tyson, gretzky, navratilova, bird-magic :banana: hulk hogan :banana:

rare?

tiger, federer, sorenstam, jordan, armstrong, williams sisters, sampras...bit harder to do in baseball-football-hockey

that's a lot of rarity in the last 10 to 15 years

how bout the 80s? Rice, tyson, gretzky, navratilova, bird-magic :banana: hulk hogan :banana:

Don't confuse him with facts...

moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame.

moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame. moth to a flame.

anyone only has to look in your sig to see your manlove for me. :banana:

anyone only has to look in your sig to see your manlove for me. :banana:

Making fun of your ignorance...is not the same as manlove.

And given you went around for a while with a completely false quote from me in your sig...you have what room to talk?

Actually, I meant to delete my sig a while ago...just keep forgetting as I have had them turned off on this computer....but now I think I might leave it up there a while longer. Just for you.

That they are...and C even moreso and more of a joke.

But if Tennis were so fun and great...you think more people would play...as it costs a hell of alot less.

Once you have a racket and balls...uh...he said balls...uh huh huh huh.... you can pretty much play for free.

golf has roughly 30 million players and tennis, 25 million...

golf has had a 6% decrease since 2000 and tennis, a 1.1% increase...

tennis wont ever catch up to golf in numbers..there are always old people and fat people who can hit a ball.. hop into a cart and ride to the next spot..that simply cant play tennis...

im not bashing either...im a usta member, play tennis alot..but also work at a golf driving range...i love both..

just stating facts...

even tiger admits, roger is more dominant..they are pals and tiger says that all the time...

golf has roughly 30 million players and tennis, 25 million...

golf has had a 6% decrease since 2000 and tennis, a 1.1% increase...

tennis wont ever catch up to golf in numbers..there are always old people and fat people who can hit a ball.. hop into a cart and ride to the next spot..that simply cant play tennis...

im not bashing either...im a usta member, play tennis alot..but also work at a golf driving range...i love both..

just stating facts...

even tiger admits, roger is more dominant..they are pals and tiger says that all the time...

:dunno:

because you're too uncoordinated to play that makes it gay? :dunno:

I have plenty of coordination... I play on a wooden bat baseball club team. i would argue that it takes more hand-eye coordination to hit a baseball that it would hitting a tennis ball. So i'm fairly sure i could pick tennis up (i'm not saying it would be easy) but i don't because i choose not too... pretty much like most of the american population...

i would venture that there are far more children in the US that play golf than tennis... now granted it never used to be that way, but woods has made the game popular... can you say that for federer??? i never hear about millions of kids wanting to learn to play tennis because they watched federer on TV... that being said, now and in the future, the competition is and will be stiffer in golf than in tennis. This is due to the simple fact that more people are playing it.

i dont argue that and the topic isnt....who inspires more kids to play?...

golf will always have more serious players..

the topic was..who is more dominant..

both sports have players from all over the globe..tennis, moreso..

tiger said roger is more dominant...i think that has more of a vote than anyone else...

just because people dont like a sport, doesnt mean it isnt difficult..

people comment on how ghey figure skating must be..but that aside, anyone who has ever skated knows how much skill THAT sport takes..

i think a lot of the allure of golf is being in the woods..on the grass...with nature...with all of these high tech clubs and balls and jacking them over 300 yards...

america as a whole is becoming too lazy to play tennis and chase a ball on the baseline for 2 hours...

you cant help but sweat when u play tennis...

you only sweat in golf when its over 85 degrees...

if you have big man tats that hang to your belt you'd sweat all the time

MY CONCESSIONS

1. yes... you are required to be in better shape to play tennis competitively

2. it probably takes more coordination to hit a fast moving target and more endurance to play a 2-hour tennis match than play 18 holes in 4-hours

3. roger federer is obviously the best at his sport currently

4. in a match play format federer is a tennis god

5. Tiger often falls short in match play situations

MY POINTS

1. golf is the more popular game

2 because golf is more popular and more people are playing it i will argue that the competition is tougher

3. A golf tournament is harder to win than a tennis tournament on the basic fundamental that you are simultaneously playing 150 other players at the same time instead a sequence of 1 on 1 matches.

4. because all of golfs major tourneys are the everyone vs everyone format Tiger does not really care about the 1on1 match play scenarios.

so i'll be adult about this...

in my argument i assume that, because it is more popular, golf generates more players, and more really good players than tennis does. This along with argument #3 and #4 makes me feel that it is harder to consistently dominate the game the way tiger does... so you can say "federer is more dominant at tennis than tiger at golf" but what i'm saying is that it is far harder to dominate the sport of golf than it is to dominate tennis...

how did we arrive at the conclusion that golf has more players than tennis? i would guess that tennis does. remember, both draw players from around the world.

i dont argue that and the topic isnt....who inspires more kids to play?...

golf will always have more serious players..

the topic was..who is more dominant..

both sports have players from all over the globe..tennis, moreso..

tiger said roger is more dominant...i think that has more of a vote than anyone else...

just because people dont like a sport, doesnt mean it isnt difficult..

people comment on how ghey figure skating must be..but that aside, anyone who has ever skated knows how much skill THAT sport takes..

i think a lot of the allure of golf is being in the woods..on the grass...with nature...with all of these high tech clubs and balls and jacking them over 300 yards...

america as a whole is becoming too lazy to play tennis and chase a ball on the baseline for 2 hours...

you cant help but sweat when u play tennis...

Going on what Tiger has said on many occaisions...he is not really the kind of guy who would have said...BS...Im more dominant than Federer...especially being his friend...

how did we arrive at the conclusion that golf has more players than tennis? i would guess that tennis does. remember, both draw players from around the world.

I dont know the worldwide numbers...i was just going with the USA...

worldwide, it probably IS tennis...

**eta..then again, maybe not..Japan LOVES golf and they have people everywhere...I think golf is more popular in the usa and worldwide..

as far as whats more difficult...

if you have a killer serve or tough 2nd serve...im sure tennis is easier to you...

if you can hit out the rough with ease..or putt really well..youd probably say golf was easier...

obviously..not long ago..tiger was more dominate than ANY athlete..and he may be in the near future...

but right now..no..its roger...

It is not fair to compare tennis to golf in that way. I think you can totally dominate tennis more than golf. Tiger is still dominating though, but in golf you will still lose tournaments. There are just too many factors in golf to win every tournament. Winning about ~50% of tournaments played in Golf is totally dominating along with coming in the top 10 of 80-90% of tournaments which is what Tiger is doing. Federer is winning 80-90% of tournaments that he plays which is also totally dominating.

Ill buy that...

look at how it is...

Tiger can lose a tourney..(big deal) and people think hes no longer dominating...

as much as i like and respect roger..i wish he wasnt dominating..

in a way, its great to see a legend in his prime...

but when my gal and i go to the us open..we usually pass on his early round matches..we go and check out others...

you KNOW roger will win..161 weeks at #1..has now passed connors record..i dont see roger losing #1 for this entire year..as i think hes a good $$ bet for the French..he shouldnt be the fave..but i think he can take Nadal..

Have you ever seen a Golfer come home physically tired from their practice?

A tennis pro's daily schedule

A perfect breakfast - no junk so the body fat count can stay 4-9%

A two hour intense workout on the court - where you actually sweat and get winded

Hit the weight room hard for 1-2 hours - you ever see the abs of a professional tennis player?

Hell in college I was going 12 straight minutes of abs 4 days a week.

A perfect lunch

Another two hour intense workout

Now comes the hard part - conditioning that matches to any sport in the world

Once you are so physically tired it's time for the trainer/whirpool etc.

Go home eat a perfect meal and maybe slip a coke in there.

There used to be a guy named Thomas Muster - claycourt champion of the world - ran 5 miles every day after his daily regime. These guy's are elite athletes fitness wise. Have you ever seen a fat professional tennis player?

Hell John fat ass daily smokes while he is playing. Drinks nightly and is not an athlete. He's just good at golf. Plus you can't call it a sport if your wearing Dockers. It's must be hard walking 18 holes while someone else carries your bag.

A two hour intense workout on the court - where you actually sweat and get winded

Hit the weight room hard for 1-2 hours - you ever see the abs of a professional tennis player?

A perfect lunch

There used to be a guy named Thomas Muster - claycourt champion of the world - ran 5 miles every day after his daily regime. These guy's are elite athletes fitness wise. Have you ever seen a fat professional tennis player?

Hell John fat ass daily smokes while he is playing. Drinks nightly and is not an athlete. He's just good at golf. Plus you can't call it a sport if your wearing Dockers. It's must be hard walking 18 holes while someone else carries your bag.

:thumbsup: :ninja: :dunno:

A perfect lunch

And that means what?

Is football less of a sport?

Have you seen some kicker's workouts?

Have you seen how big some linemen are?

Ever hear of the Gilbert burger that they had for Gilbert Brown?

And yes, I have known golfers who were physically tired after practice...go spend hours working on your swing hitting ball after ball after ball...if you then tell me you are not sore...you are lying.

The question is not which takes more athleticism or endurance or to be in better shape...nobody in this thread is arguing it...thanks for a completely irrelevant post.

And only fitting that the main idiot of all would post in support of such a post.

I think Tiger is just propping Roger because he is a friend, and more importantly he is being prodded and/or incentivized by Nike to revitalize tennis and generate more $$$.

And that means what?

Is football less of a sport?

Have you seen some kicker's workouts?

Have you seen how big some linemen are?

Ever hear of the Gilbert burger that they had for Gilbert Brown?

And yes, I have known golfers who were physically tired after practice...go spend hours working on your swing hitting ball after ball after ball...if you then tell me you are not sore...you are lying.

The question is not which takes more athleticism or endurance or to be in better shape...nobody in this thread is arguing it...thanks for a completely irrelevant post.

And only fitting that the main idiot of all would post in support of such a post.

Football has nothing to do with this.

Golf hours and hours of hitting balls - - 500 - 1000 balls is a good golf day - way to practice

That's one hour on the tennis court - - don't compare which one makes you more tired.

I think Tiger is just propping Roger because he is a friend, and more importantly he is being prodded and/or incentivized by Nike to revitalize tennis and generate more $$$.

As I said before, I have never seen anyone dominate golf like Tiger has. If Federer keeps playing at this level the same will be said about him.

Football has nothing to do with this.

Golf hours and hours of hitting balls - - 500 - 1000 balls is a good golf day - way to practice

That's one hour on the tennis court - - don't compare which one makes you more tired.

I knew a girl in college who was on the crew team. I played baseball and golf. She dissed me at some point about my sports not being "sports." I pointed out to her that sports are not just tests of endurance, different sports require different levels of skill. To me crew is the extreme example: you can be in fantastic physical shape, allowing you to row that oar to the coxswain's cadence. Does that make you a better athlete? IMO, no, that makes you more physically fit.

In other words, if your point is that Federer is more aerobically fit, congrats you win. But IMO that doesn't make him the better athlete.

I knew a girl in college who was on the crew team. I played baseball and golf. She dissed me at some point about my sports not being "sports." I pointed out to her that sports are not just tests of endurance, different sports require different levels of skill. To me crew is the extreme example: you can be in fantastic physical shape, allowing you to row that oar to the coxswain's cadence. Does that make you a better athlete? IMO, no, that makes you more physically fit.

In other words, if your point is that Federer is more aerobically fit, congrats you win. But IMO that doesn't make him the better athlete.

Federer doesn't choke at match play either - the topic - federer>Woods easily in matchplay