Sign in to follow this  
Strike

H-1B visas - Hey libs

I know they are. It's been confirmed. :ninja:

How was it confirmed? And if it is true, what happened to RP? Why is he so bad at trolling now?

For seasonal hospitality companies its a killer to limit the H1B program. There aren't enough workers to do the job for the full season that runs through september when the college kids are already back. It cripples the operation.

Seasonal? Don't they use the H2B? H2A for agricultural and temporary/seasonal...H2B for non ag?

Seasonal? Don't they use the H2B? H2A for agricultural and temporary/seasonal...H2B for non ag?

You might be right and i am confusing myself. I think there is a difference between the seasonal dishwashers, and the euros they get out of hospitality schools in europe to work at higher levels of the hotel/resorts. Maybe not.

Chicago is such a large city that attracts really good chefs, so it seems pretty obvious that Chicago would have good food. It's unfortunate when some people don't end up wirh a good experience. But there also seems to be a twinge of jealousy from non Chicagoans.

I have never eaten in chicago, but it is my right as a geek club member to criticize you about something I have no experience with in a completely unrelated thread and I will be damned if I am going to lose that right.

:Edit: Also I have been getting spam calls every day about repairing my credit ever since I did a check on lending tree :mad:

You might be right and i am confusing myself. I think there is a difference between the seasonal dishwashers, and the euros they get out of hospitality schools in europe to work at higher levels of the hotel/resorts. Maybe not.

H1 are typically the longer term (I think 6 years is the max length of the visa?)

Just checked...here you go...

http://www.h1base.com/content/compareworkvisas

H1B Visa - the primary US Work Visa for professionals & students from all over the world or in the USA, who work in specialty occupations. Valid up to 6 years, dual intent visa (can apply for Green Card)

H2B Visa - temporary visa for short term Seasonal work such as in the hospitality and tourist industries

• Like 1

I have never eaten in chicago, but it is my right as a geek club member to criticize you about something I have no experience with in a completely unrelated thread and I will be damned if I am going to lose that right.

:Edit: Also I have been getting spam calls every day about repairing my credit ever since I did a check on lending tree :mad:

Hell...wife did a check of rates on one site and was called and emailed by multiple banks every day asking me to refi with them. Definitely watch that fine print.

Do you really think they are the same? I think the similarity ends at their persistent trolling. I thought RP was way more effective. HT sucks at it and is just annoying when he tries. But he also let's up sometimes. RP never seemed to let up. Every single post was some form of trolling.

I personally just think its two separate ass holes.

Wtf I love hiv visas now?