Sign in to follow this  
JOHN 316

Forte on trading block

Sorry for the Noob Question...........If Bears are entertaining offers for Forte, when could all this develop. Can NFL players be traded anytime of the year ? Is it worth picking up his backup now ?

Deadline is oct 28.

Check your Google search. That was last year's deadline. This year, the deadline is November 3rd at 4PM ET.

... and yes, you might speculate on his backup if you want to have a handcuff and you have a roster spot available.

Check your Google search. That was last year's deadline. This year, the deadline is November 3rd at 4PM ET.

... and yes, you might speculate on his backup if you want to have a handcuff and you have a roster spot available.

Oops my bad, I corrected.

Fellas, as a Bears homer, lemme throw my 1cent to this tread, talk of a white flag house cleaning is getting overblown here. Unless the Cowboys blow the doors off with an offer for Matty22, he ain't getting delt.

The primary reason for moving Bostic & Allen was cause both were a bad fit in Fox's new Def scheme going to a 4-3 to 3-4. Allen has been a 4-3 DE for his entire career. Bostic too.

That said, the team loves JLangford and he'll get some more playing time, but don't speculate 22 being delt.

...I'm not sayin', but I'm just sayin

• Like 1

Fellas, as a Bears homer, lemme throw my 1cent to this tread, talk of a white flag house cleaning is getting overblown here. Unless the Cowboys blow the doors off with an offer for Matty22, he ain't getting delt.

The primary reason for moving Bostic & Allen was cause both were a bad fit in Fox's new Def scheme going to a 4-3 to 3-4. Allen has been a 4-3 DE for his entire career. Bostic too.

That said, the team loves JLangford and he'll get some more playing time, but don't speculate 22 being delt.

...I'm not sayin', but I'm just sayin

So what do you see happening when Forte's contract comes due after this season? Why haven't the Bears extended him? I'm guessing some team will offer up a fairly mid level deal, maybe 3 yrs $12 mill with maybe $5 mill guaranteed. Will the Bears match that? What's the buzz there?

BTW Forte looked very effective last Sunday against a bad Raider defense which does stop the run, so little to gauge there.

Buzz is something is in the works. Beginning of season, new GM Pace shelved the extension talk and (apparently) Forte was ok with it and says he confident he'll retire a Bear. But that's gotta be BS. Every player wants that guaranteed $. Contracts aren't generous for 30yr old RBs, but you're right -he's productive & one of the best conditioned backs in the L. The guy missed only 4 games in 7 years and is lengenday in his workouts. (He runs/trains on the same hill in Arlington Heights that Payton did). media is now hyping contract talks and McCaskeys want him to retire a bear.

I'm sure he wants Beast Mode or a Gore 3 yr extension, but I'd say middle of the pack. After this trainwreck season, he might not want to go through rebuilding either Imagine what he could do in Dallas behind that great Oline)

Buzz is something is in the works. Beginning of season, new GM Pace shelved the extension talk and (apparently) Forte was ok with it and says he confident he'll retire a Bear. But that's gotta be BS. Every player wants that guaranteed $. Contracts aren't generous for 30yr old RBs, but you're right -he's productive & one of the best conditioned backs in the L. The guy missed only 4 games in 7 years and is lengenday in his workouts. (He runs/trains on the same hill in Arlington Heights that Payton did). media is now hyping contract talks and McCaskeys want him to retire a bear.

I'm sure he wants Beast Mode or a Gore 3 yr extension, but I'd say middle of the pack. After this trainwreck season, he might not want to go through rebuilding either Imagine what he could do in Dallas behind that great Oline)

I just hope the great Oline shows up this year, as a Cowboy fan I hope they don't sign any 30 year old backs

• Like 1

At this point I don't see Forte being dealt.

1-3 with Jeffrey coming back and the price tag is very high. Best thing for fantasy stock of Forte is to stay in Chicago where he is the focal point and has been running extremely well this year.

Best thing for fantasy stock of Forte is to stay in Chicago where he is the focal point and has been running extremely well this year.

I dunno. 11 TDs in his last 20 games...that's not the sort of stats a guy with Forte's talent could be putting up. 1800 yards from scrimmage last year...Murray had 2200, Bell had 2100. Forte could be up there with a good offense.

I dunno. 11 TDs in his last 20 games...that's not the sort of stats a guy with Forte's talent could be putting up. 1800 yards from scrimmage last year...Murray had 2200, Bell had 2100. Forte could be up there with a good offense.

He could also get stuck in a timeshare

He could also get stuck in a timeshare

Absolutely he could. I'm just pointing out that the Bears isn't the best situation Forte (and us) could hope for him. It's not the worst by a long shot. But it could be better. I think the Cowboys, as mentioned, would be better. Chiefs, if something happened to Charles. Arizona, if all of their RBs died in a house fire.

Bears stink and you don't rebuild around an RB. Forte would absolutely be gone if anyone made a decent offer. 3rd rounder would do it for sure, maybe even a fourth