Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

I'll finally be returning to the US this month

But only to visit. Living with mom near 8 Mile and substitute teaching is one of the reasons I left in the first place. If the Detroit area has developed a sudden need for liberal arts majors with no computer skills, I'm not aware of it.

It's been a long time. Eight years. In China, everything is cheap so we can lead a fake Middle Class life here. Unfortunately when I fly, I have to pay normal rates for airfare for all these people. So without doing anything but stepping of the plane, this trip will already have set me back four months pay (which is why we never do it). This will be the first time my kids will meet my mom and other family.

It's a bit earlier than I wanted, we're going to miss Halloween but can do the Haunted Houses and hayrides and such. We moved up the plan because we'er going to attend a family reunion in late September.

My sister says Eastpointe has gotten a lot more black since I was last there. The demographics are all changing. to get a feel for what I'm coming back to, everything I read about Ferguson reminds me of Eastpointe. The NAACP has sued our police department over similar fake bullsh*t in the past. You could also buy an Eminem album since he grew up local. I don't listen to rap myself, but if you're into it, my understanding is he does a good job describing the place.

So we'll see. Exciting. I finally get to vote in person again this year.

Best of luck Volty

Eight mile missed you.

Take your kids to that Jew pawn shop that use to be on TV :overhead:

best of luck, bro :thumbsup:

Why are people wishing him luck? Is he flying Malaysian Airlines? :unsure:

You are likely already on some DHS/NSA watch list...

we are ALL being watched.

HTH

I click on joneo links. Color me guilty. :dunno:

Beers?

Sure. I'd like to meet up with you.

Voltaire is such a badass that he vacations in Detroit. :Mr-T:

My wife wanted to go in February. We live in a place where a light jacket in February is enough and would have been in Detroit for one of the worst winters in years.

Wanting to vacation in Detroit in February is only possible if your wife and kids have never seen snow.

• Like 1

Do NOT tilt your seat back on the flight. Touchy subject.

Thanks man. Although I'm personally sick and tired and not interested at all in any authentic Chinese food and would much prefer ones eatting normal food or Chinese food that has sold out and become westernized, I'm sure my MIL and wife will appreciate this and likely my mother as well since I suspect my MIL will hate all the food we eat.

Some of these restaurants are within a reasonable drive, most notably the Golden Harvest one on 12 and Van Dyke. A few others are in tollerable range, We live in Sichuan and so we'll likely find our way to the Sichuan one as well.

If you get anywhere around the jackson area lemme know and we will go for a beer.

Enjoy the vacation. Wrong side of the state for me, or I'd agree to grabbing a beer as well. :cheers:

I know it is a lot of money but I think it is great that you are making the trip so that your mom and family can meet your kids. Hope it goes well. :cheers:

Hope they get the electricity fixed before you arrive.

Over 300,000 without power last night. Still over 200,000 as of this morning.

Hope they get the electricity fixed before you arrive.

Over 300,000 without power last night. Still over 200,000 as of this morning.

Funny you mention that, the last I was there we had no power for like four days.

smile and say hello to your new black neighbors. try not be racist and act like the rest of white folks and ignore them (that's how 90% of whites act toward their black neighbors-all uncomfortable and sht). remember, they might be wonderful like me! :wave:

smile and say hello to your new black neighbors. try not be racist and act like the rest of white folks and ignore them (that's how 90% of whites act toward their black neighbors-all uncomfortable and sht). remember, they might be wonderful like me! :wave:

I hope they're like you peenie.

• Like 1

A couple of mins ago, I just logged onto the computer for the first time in 48 hours or so, this post brought to you by way of my sister's computer at mom's house.

The plane ride was less nightmarish than I expected because the 12 hour flight over the ocean had individiual computer terminals for each seat so my kids could play games while I could chose from a small selection of movies, my MIL the Chiinese prgramming or everyone suited to their own personal preferences.

So a month in Detroit starts now.

A couple of mins ago, I just logged onto the computer for the first time in 48 hours or so, this post brought to you by way of my sister's computer at mom's house.

The plane ride was less nightmarish than I expected because the 12 hour flight over the ocean had individiual computer terminals for each seat so my kids could play games while I could chose from a small selection of movies, my MIL the Chiinese prgramming or everyone suited to their own personal preferences.

So a month in Detroit starts now.

Welcome to Michigan! Still the wrong side, amigo.

Probably because they are tired of being robbed. HTH

My mom's house can be renamed Fortress Cat Hair.