Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Number of Worldwide Billionaires DOUBLES since March 2009

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/number-of-billionaires-doubles-since-financial-crisis/ar-BBc0iEf

The super-rich club has become less exclusive, with the amount of billionaires doubling since the financial crisis, according to a report from global charity Oxfam.

There were 1,645 billionaires globally as of March 2014, according to Forbes data cited in the Oxfam report, up from 793 in March 2009.

492 of these are Americans. They acquire their wealth through their private businesses and investments. So Obama and his administration want to accept responsibility for the economic growth, but will they also accept responsibility for the rich getting richer during their reign in office?

Go ahead Democrats, explain this and how it's Bush's fault.

Might I also add that the price of commodities that I NEED in my daily life are at a staggering high cost. thanks!

:bench: Been a half hour. All the Libs must be busy. :dunno:

They need their taxes cut, if they were even richer then maybe the trickle down effect will kick in.

They need their taxes cut, if they were even richer then maybe the trickle down effect will kick in.

Was this supposed to be witty? Cuz it's not. Got anything to offer about the article and Obama being "responsible"? :sleep:

Was this supposed to be witty? Cuz it's not. Got anything to offer about the article and Obama being "responsible"? :sleep:

It is because the stock market was low in 2009, but now the stock market is at all time highs.

If the stock market doubles again in 5 years then I would expect the number of billionaires to double. If the stock market crashes I would expect the the number of billionaires to go down.

It is because the stock market was low in 2009, but now the stock market is at all time highs.

If the stock market doubles again in 5 years then I would expect the number of billionaires to double. If the stock market crashes I would expect the the number of billionaires to go down.

So Obama has taken credit for this upswing in the stock market. Obama has boasted about how the private sector flourished under his administration. Therefore, Obama has to take responsibility that he got the rich even richer as regular Americans are paying an arm and a leg for staples.

So Obama has taken credit for this upswing in the stock market. Obama has boasted about how the private sector flourished under his administration. Therefore, Obama has to take responsibility that he got the rich even richer as regular Americans are paying an arm and a leg for staples.

It's politics 101. When something goes well you take credit, when something goes bad you blame the predecessor.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/number-of-billionaires-doubles-since-financial-crisis/ar-BBc0iEf

492 of these are Americans. They acquire their wealth through their private businesses and investments. So Obama and his administration want to accept responsibility for the economic growth, but will they also accept responsibility for the rich getting richer during their reign in office?

Go ahead Democrats, explain this and how it's Bush's fault.

Might I also add that the price of commodities that I NEED in my daily life are at a staggering high cost. thanks!

You seem a little grouchy.

It's politics 101. When something goes well you take credit, when something goes bad you blame the predecessor.

I would still like the Libs to explain their way out of this. :bench:

You seem a little grouchy.

Ya got a focking problem with that? Come at me Bro. :mad: :mad:

:wave:

Explain their way out of what, exactly? I wasn't aware that liberals were responsible for what Obama does or doesn't take credit for.

That's like demanding an explanation from Geek Boarders about why joneo posts links to focked up shiot.

I am a fiscally conservative republican :dunno:

Cut spending, put taxes the same as the average was under Reagan's term. Sorry, I didnt realize you wanted a lib verse conservative fight. I was trying to explain why the rich got richer.

Nothing to do with Obama, it had to do with the stock market correction.

The stock market correction had nothing to do with Obama, although if I was to believe your post he took credit for it at some point. The stock market correction happened because of the fed's easy money policy.

Obama has been a massive dissapointment on this score. Now there are other things he's done like Obamacare that tend to help the poor and middle class so you have to factor that into the mix, but by and large I think most liberals would freely admit that his policies have only exacerbated inequality to an extent even greater than we could've imagine. Good job, good effort

I am a fiscally conservative republican :dunno:

Cut spending, put taxes the same as the average was under Reagan's term. Sorry, I didnt realize you wanted a lib verse conservative fight. I was trying to explain why the rich got richer.

Nothing to do with Obama, it had to do with the stock market correction.

The stock market correction had nothing to do with Obama, although if I was to believe your post he took credit for it at some point. The stock market correction happened because of the fed's easy money policy.

You got it. Obama had nothing to do with the stock market and the economy. However, Obama sure took credit for it and certain Libs defend him. Just want to see if any of the local board Libs can explain the hypocrasy as only a Lib can. :thumbsup:

Explain their way out of what, exactly? I wasn't aware that liberals were responsible for what Obama does or doesn't take credit for.

That's like demanding an explanation from Geek Boarders about why joneo posts links to focked up shiot.

The board Libs ride whatever train Obama provides them. The favorite argument was it was Bush's fault because he sided with the rich. Well, apparently Obama has done an even better job of siding with the rich.

You got it. Obama had nothing to do with the stock market and the economy. However, Obama sure took credit for it and certain Libs defend him. Just want to see if any of the local board Libs can explain the hypocrasy as only a Lib can. :thumbsup:

I would like to see if any of the board Catholics can explain former Popes sweeping the molestation scandal under the rug for so long since the Pope is always defended by Catholics.

See how that works.

You would probably get as much response if you just posted "Obama sucks! Tell me he doesn't!"

The board Libs ride whatever train Obama provides them. The favorite argument was it was Bush's fault because he sided with the rich. Well, apparently Obama has done an even better job of siding with the rich.

I'm pretty liberal, and I'd have to say rat's ass. You know why? Because I understand that politics is run by money and all politicians pander to the rich.

I see you're itching for an argument with liberals. Why is that? I don't have anything to do with Obama's policies other than I voted for him. I have to explain what he does because I voted for him?

Forrest Gump has a better grasp on logical reasoning than you.

You would probably get as much response if you just posted "Obama sucks! Tell me he doesn't!"

Well that's basically what he did. Poor guy is living in the past - FYI joneo he is an underwhelming lame-duck president and everyone has accepted that.

I would like to see if any of the board Catholics can explain former Popes sweeping the molestation scandal under the rug for so long since the Pope is always defended by Catholics.

See how that works.

True, apologists come in all forms. But to stay focused on my article and point, I am asking the Liberal board apologists to explain/defend Obama. Maybe I'm missing something and can be enlightened. :dunno:

Forrest Gump has a better grasp on logical reasoning than you.

Please enlighten me. Tell me where the logic fails.

Where did Obummer take credit for the # of worldwide billionaires?

I'm pretty liberal, and I'd have to say rat's ass. You know why? Because I understand that politics is run by money and all politicians pander to the rich.

I see you're itching for an argument with liberals. Why is that? I don't have anything to do with Obama's policies other than I voted for him. I have to explain what he does because I voted for him?

No Frank, I'm not picking a fight with you. If you don't believe Obama is responsible for the economic turnaround, we are on the same page. Some people on this board believe it.

Where did Obummer take credit for the # of worldwide billionaires?

No where that I am aware. Focus....reread my posts....and try again.

No where that I am aware. Focus....reread my posts....and try again.

If Obummer didn't claim credit for it why are you posting a thread about worldwide billionaires and segueing into yet another Obummer thread?

If Obummer didn't claim credit for it why are you posting a thread about worldwide billionaires and segueing into yet another Obummer thread?

I'm sorry I can't dumb it down for you any more than it is. I'm out of crayons and puppets to explain it bettor for you.

The president appoints the fed chairman. And the fed chairman is the main person responsible for bond buying and interest rates.

Some credit does need given to Obama for wall streets strong couple years, even if you hate the guy.

No Frank, I'm not picking a fight with you. If you don't believe Obama is responsible for the economic turnaround, we are on the same page. Some people on this board believe it.

Who?

The president appoints the fed chairman. And the fed chairman is the main person responsible for bond buying and interest rates.

Some credit does need given to Obama for wall streets strong couple years, even if you hate the guy.

So, Obama made it possible for the rich to get richer...correct?

Who?

They make themselves known. No need for me to point them out. ;)

There is hypocrisy in politics...you seem to be wanting something that nobody here is claiming otherwise about.

So...who crapped in your cheerios this morning?

those dirty libs must have done a number on you.

Where does it give the numbers you're citing about the number of Americans? Is that of the total or of the increase?

The link shows little other than the # of billionaires globally and a lot of opinion.

I'd be interested to see this info.

I'm sorry I can't dumb it down for you any more than it is. I'm out of crayons and puppets to explain it bettor for you.

It's my fault you don't know wtf you're trying to say, gotcha.

So...who crapped in your cheerios this morning?

those dirty libs must have done a number on you.

Well, I guess it might have to do with the constant political ads of late. Tired of hearing party sheep defending this piece of crap at every turn. (Yes, I do realize it isn't a Presidential election year.) But this article points out that Obama is responible for the rich getting richer.