Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official TCU National Championship Thread***

You discredit a discussion that you started about the respective conferences and their out of conference schedules by saying it doesn't matter to TCU or Baylor who OSU, OU etc played.

Then you bolster your argument for Ohio St by citing the ooc schedule of other teams in their conference.

Let's simplify:

TCU went out of conference for their one "big" game and beat Big 10 team Minnesota (8-4).

Ohio St went out of conference for their one "big" game and lost to ACC team Va Tech (6-6)

I said it does not matter for those teams and stand by it.

Who Wisconsin played or Minnesota or Michigan State does not matter to the committee deciding between TCU, OSU, and Baylor.

It was just to reply to your statement that the Big 10 schedules nobody.

Sure...lets simplify...those things did happen.

Lets really look at that scheduling outside of this year's bubble. Which team is typically going to be the better team? VTech? or Minnesota?

Further...neither of those was a big game.

The "big" game I am talking about that the Big 12 didn't have was a championship game.

That is what will put the Big 10, SEC (well, they are in anyway), ACC, and Pac 12 in over Big 12 any time it comes down to a close call.

This article sums it up rather well:

Now let's look at who these teams have beaten. Ohio State won on the road against a tough Michigan State team and finished the season strong by knocking off Wisconsin for the Big Ten Championship. However, their next best win was a 7 point victory against Minnesota. Baylor had quality wins over Oklahoma, Kansas State and their game against TCU. TCU not only beat Oklahoma and Kansas State, but they beat West Virginia (who beat Baylor) and beat Minnesota by three touchdowns (who only lost to Ohio State by 7).

To me it was never even close. As of last week OSU was 2 whole positions below TCU - who all they did was go out and win by 50+.... Better quality wins, better quality loss - but lost out to the Committee's fascination with sucking Urban Meyer's cack... Can make the argument for TCU - but to me, Baylor is the one who got totally focked.

Sure...lets simplify...those things did happen.

Lets really look at that scheduling outside of this year's bubble. Which team is typically going to be the better team? VTech? or Minnesota?

Further...neither of those was a big game.

The "big" game I am talking about that the Big 12 didn't have was a championship game.

That is what will put the Big 10, SEC (well, they are in anyway), ACC, and Pac 12 in over Big 12 any time it comes down to a close call.

To say "look outside this years bubble" is ridiculous. This committee claims that what happened last week doesn't necessarily matter, so which program is historically better means zip.

And in the eyes of NCAA schools and the committee, an ooc game vs a Big 6 conference opponent IS a big game. It shows willingness to schedule someone other than a patsy for all non-conference games.

The great thing about the BCS was that there were points, like percentage points that showed exactly how close teams were based on the metrics and computer model.

If they kept that model instead of a commitee there would be less arguing. Last week, TCU may have been ranked 4th, but it would have been by tenths of points over a Baylor, and tenths of points over a OSU. People would have better understood how close they all were and understood that it would take a OSU throttling a Wisky to make the jump or whatever. This is just an example I made up but you get the idea. Having BCS points week to week paints a picture for those to follow.

Having a committee just breeds people going the conspiracy route.

To say "look outside this years bubble" is ridiculous. This committee claims that what happened last week doesn't necessarily matter, so which program is historically better means zip.

And in the eyes of NCAA schools and the committee, an ooc game vs a Big 6 conference opponent IS a big game. It shows willingness to schedule someone other than a patsy for all non-conference games.

Not talking about the committee as far as looking outside the bubble...it is again a statement towards your "big 10 doesn't schedule anyone" commentary.

Scheduling a bottom team from a big 6 conference does not make it a big game...and Minnesota has historically been a bottom feeding team.

Sorry...not going to give team's credit for that anymore than I would give a Big 10 team credit if they scheduled Kentucky or Vandy or Iowa State or Kansas.

Sure...better than some directional A&T Tech school...but still nothing to really put out there as a "big" game to me.

In case anyone hasn't noticed - TCU is kicking the living shiat out of Ole Miss. The same Ole Miss from the SEC, the same Ole Miss that beat Bama.

In case anyone hasn't noticed - TCU is kicking the living shiat out of Ole Miss. The same Ole Miss from the SEC, the same Ole Miss that beat Bama.

The same Ole Miss that limped down the stretch.

TCU is great...but their own loss and conference screwed them.

BTW...that Oklahoma win...still wanting to act like they are a quality team after getting boatraced by Clemson 40-6?

The same Ole Miss that limped down the stretch.

I totally agree. To win their last game against the #4 ranked team in the country is a HUGE LIMP down the stretch. Not nearly as impressive as OSU's win over an highly overrated #13 ranked Wisconsin team...:goodgrief:

I totally agree. To win their last game against the #4 ranked team in the country is a HUGE LIMP down the stretch. Not nearly as impressive as OSU's win over an highly overrated #13 ranked Wisconsin team...:goodgrief:

MSU isn't all that good either but a nice win in a rivalry game. But you might want to do some research and see how beat up Ole Miss was down the stretch.

Its not all about OSU...and wisconsin was rated right where they should have been. HTH

MSU isn't all that good either but a nice win in a rivalry game. But you might want to do some research and see how beat up Ole Miss was down the stretch.

Its not all about OSU...and wisconsin was rated right where they should have been. HTH

If Ole Miss is so beat up, why are they ranked #9? And if TCU is so inferior, why are they ranked #6? And why is this score...this score?

If Ole Miss is so beat up, why are they ranked #9? And if TCU is so inferior, why are they ranked #6? And why is this score...this score?

Who said they were so inferior?

I dont think Ole miss is all that good. Overranked because they are in the Sec.

Nice Peach Bowl win...complain yo the Big 12 for focking it up for Baylor. ..the team that was more deserving than TCU.

But you might want to do some research and see how beat up Ole Miss was down the stretch.

I did, they beat the #4 ranked team in the country - Miss St., from the SEC. Maybe you missed it - can find it here. http://espn.go.com/

The Badgers were overrated for sure. Played 2 teams ranked lower than #13 - lost both, humiliated in one.

You two have fun..ridiculous arguing with two brick walls.

I agree - N. Suh must of stepped on your head too.

What a few days of football.... Props to the Big 10 - they stepped up and delivered. How in the hell Baylor found a way to lose that game after absolutely kicking the hell out of MSU is mind blowing - sure they feel the same way.... And special big props to OSU - what a game and what a hell of a win. They proved their worth for sure - nobody can argue that. For the 1st year of the playoff system, you can't really argue too much. Of course there is still a bit of controversy - but you are going to have that every year no matter what. I also think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't think today that TCU isn't one of the 4 best teams in the country - but they blew their shot, nobody but themselves to blame.

Oregon, on a fast track - is going to be pretty hard to stop.

What a few days of football.... Props to the Big 10 - they stepped up and delivered. How in the hell Baylor found a way to lose that game after absolutely kicking the hell out of MSU is mind blowing - sure they feel the same way.... And special big props to OSU - what a game and what a hell of a win. They proved their worth for sure - nobody can argue that. For the 1st year of the playoff system, you can't really argue too much. Of course there is still a bit of controversy - but you are going to have that every year no matter what. I also think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't think today that TCU isn't one of the 4 best teams in the country - but they blew their shot, nobody but themselves to blame.

Good post. I will agree TCU and/or Baylor was better then FSU. FSU screwed everything up by going unbeaten.

They are good, but that game against FSU got out of hand due to multiple turnovers, a missed call, and some drops by the FSU WR's. Football is funny like that. Turnovers and momentum are crazy. FSU actually moved the ball at will all day, they just fumbled the game away each time and it snowballed.

If OSU can take care of the football they can score on Oregon. Bama has a better D than Oregon and OSU has been putting up big points lately so they can keep up. I think it will be a good game. Early line is Ducks -7. I have no idea what the o/u will be but it should be in the 70's.

FSU screwed everything up by going unbeaten.

This is just being reactionary to one game. FSU was IN the game with Oregon, and should've been winning at halftime save a dropped ball from a WR. FSU was just as talented as Oregon but when you have one team with 6 turnovers and another with 1, that will end up badly.

FSU beat Notre Dame, Clemson, Georgia Tech this year. All of those teams beat down other good teams out of supposed "better" conferences than the ACC. FSU beat really good teams all year as shown by the bowl game results. They simply fumbled the game away against a really good Oregon team. But they most certainly deserved to be there.

This is just being reactionary to one game. FSU was IN the game with Oregon, and should've been winning at halftime save a dropped ball from a WR. FSU was just as talented as Oregon but when you have one team with 6 turnovers and another with 1, that will end up badly.

FSU beat Notre Dame, Clemson, Georgia Tech this year. All of those teams beat down other good teams out of supposed "better" conferences than the ACC. FSU beat really good teams all year as shown by the bowl game results. They simply fumbled the game away against a really good Oregon team. But they most certainly deserved to be there.

Not reactionary. I think FSU was deserving because of their record. Do I think TCU/Baylor was better....yes, but that's just my opinion. I wouldn't have left an unbeaten FSU out. FSU squeaked by a lot of their games. They were good, just not final 4 good. Again just my opinion.