Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

which current bands will we still be talking about 20 from now

You haven't heard of the White Stripes, the Strokes, the Eagles, Coldplay or John Mayer?

No, I haven't listen to FM radio in a long time, I just leave it on sports talk.

I'm rather dull

The Red Hot Chili Peppers will still be talked about and listened to 20 years from now...easily one of the most talented bands still out there.

david archuleta and the homo 5 :headbanger:

3 Doors Down?

Nickleback?

:overhead:

Foo Fighters? Yes.

Also:

Beck

20 years from now? people are barely talking about them NOW.. ok, foo fighters yes..til they go to the way of green day and drift off...the rest?..who the hell is beck? :headbanger:

we'll be talking about the lead singer from Nickleback 20 years from now, as he will be in prison/jail/ or on a trial for a murder after a robbery gone bad...

I hate to say it but the bands or performers we will still be talking about are:

Carrie Underwood

Brad Paisley

Sugarland

This from a guy who grew up on Led Zep, The Allman Brothers, Kiss, James Taylor, Skynard, AC/DC, and The WHO..

Country stars have a better fan base and they are talented as hell.

I really do not see any newer Rock groups (within the last 5 years) really standing out. The kings of Rock are still the Chili Peppers, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Kiss.. etc..

Most of the bands listed in this thread are either 15 -20 years old. Or, just awful and make me want to puke. This thread is just another example of people in the United States' poor taste in music (don't get me started on movies).

I'll say bands with real talent that could last are:

- The Arcade Fire (was mentioned in an earlier post).

- Placebo

Try listenting to British music.

..who the hell is beck? :unsure:

:headbanger: One of my favorite artists. :pointstosky: Course, I'm a loser, baby. :banana:

fall out boy :pointstosky:

(i'm a mother of a teen and she doesn't listen to most of the bands you all have listed. 20 years from now her opinion will count not yours or mine)

Many of the bands that just keep going

Band/performer and title of CD/Concert

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over Reunion Tour XXX

Rolling Stones - Exiled From The Nursing Home

Boston - More than an Air Biscuit

Styx - Return to Diapers

Many of the bands that just keep going

Band/performer and title of CD/Concert

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over Reunion Tour XXX

Rolling Stones - Exiled From The Nursing Home

Boston - More than an Air Biscuit

Styx - Return to Diapers

Might want to rethink that one.. :pointstosky:

I like to think of this in terms of, "what will my son (currently 18 months old) be raving about when he's a teenager?"

ex. when I was 15 I loved The Doors, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd. My parents were highly amused.

So what will jvirne jr. like?

My guess, based on popularity and talent -

- The Red Hot Chili Peppers and U2 are slam dunks. They've also been around 20 years already, so.

- Interpol. Currently pigeonholed as an "indie" band, but they are hella talented; I can see them being more popular in 10 years than they are now.

- Radiohead

- Nine Inch Nails. Weird band. Very talented, very experimental, seems to walk a tightrope between wider popularity and a cult following. When Reznor hangs up the cleats, and 5-10 years pass, I think NIN will come to be seen as one of the most innovative and influential bands of its time. Like Pink Floyd was "weird but popular" in its time (with some breakthrough albums and some strange experimental ones), NIN will share a similar light, and experience revivals in succeeding generations.

- I'm sure a lot of current R&B stuff will be there too, but I don't listen to it much so can't name anyone.

2 years after I started this thread Foo Fighters, 3 Doors Down, and Nickleback are still the bands that I hear on the radio. Its been 2 years and I still have not heard of most of the newer bands mentioned.

I would like to add Puddle of Mudd to the list.

2 years after I started this thread Foo Fighters, 3 Doors Down, and Nickleback are still the bands that I hear on the radio. Its been 2 years and I still have not heard of most of the newer bands mentioned.

I would like to add Puddle of Mudd to the list.

You don't hear Jack White (White Stripes or The Raconteurs) on the radio? Dang, he was just in the new Stones/Scorsese flim.

fall out boy :banana:

(i'm a mother of a teen and she doesn't listen to most of the bands you all have listed. 20 years from now her opinion will count not yours or mine)

that emo crap has no shelf life...unless you are a ghey car mechanic/gardener.

that emo crap has no shelf life...

Exactly. At what exact moment did Metallica become EMO? Was is when kids started to slow dance to their recent songs at proms?

fall out boy :doublethumbsup:

Good point, and I was going to add them. :ninja:

Evanescence will be played in 20 yrs.

Nickelback as well. You may think they are too "popular," but the teens of today will want to hear them in 20 years.

Foo Fighters, not so sure. Maybe "Times Like These."

Many of the bands here are already around a long time. Peppers, U2? Umm yeah, I suppose they'll be played then, they've already stood the test of time.

Clay Aiken and Butt Bandits.

You don't hear Jack White (White Stripes or The Raconteurs) on the radio? Dang, he was just in the new Stones/Scorsese flim.

I like Jack White and think he is very talented but there were some other names that I never heard of.

I think will still be talking about Creed. They may have broken up but they had some really great songs that reached alot of different people. I think they would be one of the what if they stayed together groups we'll be talking about.

I think will still be talking about Creed. They may have broken up but they had some really great songs that reached alot of different people. I think they would be one of the what if they stayed together groups we'll be talking about.

You. Can't. Be. Serious. :rolleyes:

Since the turn of the century, I cant think of one album that will be timelss like many albums were during the 70's, 80's or 90's. This current pool of musicians is complete crap, seriously. Since the year 2000, I think only Eminem (and maybe Kanye West even though I am not a huge fan) has produced anything worthy of sticking around long term, and even if you dont like rap, his talent is undeniable

Where'd the talent go?

I like Jack White and think he is very talented but there were some other names that I never heard of.

Nickleback, Creed, Puddle of Mudd. Dude, you have the lamest taste in music.

Most of the bands named in this thread make me sad. :dunno:

there are a lot of good bands/artists people won't get to hear because their sound isn't fit for the radio, but that doesn't mean we won't talk about them 20 years from now...

Ryan Adams "let it ride" this guy plays almost every type of music, from country, rock, jazz, to folk... he's unreal... i hate country but i love this song...

these guys are amazing... maybe not the stuff you guys like, a little laid back

if you guys like the white stripes chances are you'd like these guys... they have lots of songs better than this one... only good quality video i could find

that and i'll add guster, OAR, and many more

I would normaly say...Ghey :wub:

But, you are right. He is also a very good guitarist :(

Let's not start sucking his headstock just yet.

This guy has played a couple of blues based riffs on tv once or twice and now everyone thinks he a guitar god.

The guy is a talented singer, songwriter and performer. But he's no musical genius when it comes to guitar or any other instrument.

There are thousands of guitarists who are better than this guy.

:nono:

George Strait

Kenny Chesney

Alan Jackson

Most country acts stick around for quite some time. 20 years doesn't seem like a stretch for some of them.

Miley Cyrus.

Because she'll be doing all black, anal orgy pron.

:thumbsup:

2 years after I started this thread Foo Fighters

20 years ago I saw Bob Seger in concert. 3+ hours, no opening act, one of the best I've seen. It seemed like every song was "oh YEAH, he did that song too!" I just had that experience with the Foo Fighters; I was looking for a good demo song for martial arts, and The Pretender kicks ass. But every time I clicked on a link, it was the "oh YEAH..." experience.

Don't know if they'll have the staying power, but it wouldn't surprise me.

George Strait

Kenny Chesney

Alan Jackson

Most country acts stick around for quite some time. 20 years doesn't seem like a stretch for some of them.

Hard to believe that George Strait has been around almost 40 years. His first 4 albums are still the best.

edit

should have been almost 4 decades

Yep, the dude can definitely play. On his Las Vegas concert DVD he replays Whole Lotta Love. If people didn't have respect for him, they need to watch him play that song. Unfockingbelieveable. He performed at the BET awards last week and they're replaying it Tuesday night. Amazing as usual.

:unsure:

For all of the Prince fans and for those who are still unaware of his guitar virtuoso, I give you While My Guitar Gently Weeps played at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: (Your welcome in advance)

Prince comes in around 3:30

Hard to believe that George Strait has been around almost 40 years. His first 4 albums are still the best.

"Strait rocketed to success after his debut single "Unwound" in 1981"

Just a tad bit off.