Sign in to follow this  
cooolbreeze

need a funny, cool, or different name for a league

I saw this on another website and had to use it for our league name.....The League of Extraordinary Genitals.

I saw this on another website and had to use it for our league name.....The League of Extraordinary Genitals.

The Turd Cutters

I was thinking of going with "The No Cahoots league" but, I'm looking for other options.

Here is a good name

Rectal Inflammation

The Amateur Proctologists

btw... :overhead: on the League of Extraordinary Genitals

FART Football -- Football and Recreational Tomfoolery

Simply the Breast Football

Drut Football - We're not even good enough to be turds

Unimaginative Commissioner Football - Our Commish is so boring he has to steal others ideas

why do most of your responses have something to do with mens private areas :overhead:

I was thinking of going with "The No Cahoots league"

well at least it's different.

why do most of your responses have something to do with mens private areas :thumbsup:

Yeah........and "The Turd Cutters" makes me vomit. Do you realize what that means even? Why not just name your team The Log Jammers? Is the draft taking place at The Manhole Bar? The Bone Yard?

After reading these I'd consider naming my team I like Boobs or something just to raise the testosterone level.

Favre Dollar Footlongs

ROFL

If you can't name your own league it should be forced upon you....Queefle and the Houshbags...

ROFL

If you can't name your own league it should be forced upon you....Queefle and the Houshbags...

Ha...I can and I did. I just wanted to start a post with this topic to see what the people on this board would come up with. I must say while there were some funny ones most were pretty disappointing and stupid. Thanks for playing everyone.

I don't have a specific name for you. When I look to name a league I look at what I am interested in and try to find a way to work that into a league name. There are things from books, movies, cars etc that may give you some ideas.

What I try to do is come up with a list of 5-8 names that I like.

Then I tier them in order of what ones I like the best.

Then I think about it for a while and come up with pros and cons for all of them.

Then I think about it some more (and may even ask a neutral party on their thoughts about it).

Then I tier them again.

And then I usually pick the top one. Sometimes the second.

:doublethumbsup:

At the risk of taking this topic marginally seriously:

The first league i ever joined was called 'WallpaperFreaks' - it was started by a bunch of guys that all worked at a wallpaper company.

Then, i splintered off and made my own League. I called it 'Clan of the Foot'. Now there are three versions.

Clan Keeper

Clan Dynasty

Clan Re-Draft

Now, for your League, I would suggest cueing the name on an area or a theme, or something that is unique about your group...

Area (this is where you guys are geographically located) Example: "Greater Golden Horseshoe FFL" - guys like this - sounds meaningful

Theme (I do this in my baseball league, where the name of the league is 'Mobsters') Each Owners can select a Team name that has something to do with the Mob or some such - current name include the Gun Runners, The Goomba, The Godfather, Speakeasy, tony Sporano etc). Many guys aren't all that creative - I help them with a list of suggestions. Themes can be whatever you guys are into besides Football - Star Trek, Booze, Chess, Canoes, Slutty Girls - whatever.

Something Unique (say you guys all went to the same highschool, or you all work at Lockheed) 'Lockheed Weapons of Mass Destruction FFL',

Straight Theme Ideas:

'Norse Marauders FFL', 'Coastal Piracy FFL', 'Grand Larceny Football'

'Birds of Prey Football', 'All-American Fantasy Football'

'Leatherheads' [from the movie of the same name], 'The Replacements',

'Gods of the Gridiron', 'GridIron Gods'

'Desert Warriors' 'The Road Warriors' 'Mad Max Fantasy Football'

'Lords of the Couch', Lords of the Armchair', 'Lords of the FlatScreen', High-Definition Fantasy Football League',

That might be enought to spur your imagination.

The problem with a humorous name is that is gets stale quick.

Good luck

Magnificent Bastards :music_guitarred:

Named after the 2nd Battalion, 4th Marines...to which my father was a part of in 'Nam.

League of Dorks (Sports Guy reference)

The Bush League

then name the teams some girls bush design aka Hardwoods, Carpet Matches Drapes, Bikini Wax, Landing Strip, etc.

or Jenna, Laura, etc.

My Lady Friend With a Suspicious Bulge Licks My Balls And Bleats Like A Lamb League.

"Feasting On The Fools".

My bad. Thought you were looking for a team name.

how about the "I AM A MORON LACKING CREATIVITY LEAGUE"?

And take your team name????