I assume the vast majority of us will be taking Adrian Peterson with the first overall pick, PPR or not. However, second pick might not be as easy. Who should be the 2nd player off the board? Foster? Martin? Charles? Lynch? Rodgers? Calvin? Let the debating begin....

There are going to be so many different opinions on this that i doubt anyone will get a consensus #2 out of the discussion. The top 5 rbs being taken are all great options. The only way any of them will fall short of a great season is injury. Unless you have an injury crystal ball you might as well take who your gut says to go with.

I love spiller and know he is capable of 2k with 40 receptions min. He was just a ###### hair slower in the 40 than chris johnson with a better work ethic.

Charles is fast as hell also and has proven he can reach elite yardage totals week in and week out. Combined with andy reid he should ve a lock for 1800 total yards.

Martin has all the opportunity and carries to easily eclipse last years numbers. A few linemen coming back from injury should help him a good deal.

Foster is just a beast. A huge rb with 4.4 speed and some of the best hands we have seen in a rb. Tate is a concern, of course, but foster has been elite every year with tate right beside him. The texans are win now and trust foster to be on the field on all downs.

Out of the owners who select a rb in the top 5 this year, the ones who will be disappointed will be the ones whose first round pick was injured or slowed by injury all year. Until you find the injury crystal ball, every one of the top rbs after peterson are as good of an option as you will find.

One more plyer real quick, rice. Rice is as consistent as they come when given the touches. I think pierce limits his upside a bit. The main reason i would take any of the rbs i mentioned above before rice is because i believe they have a higher ceiling. You can make the tate comparison, which would be a fair argument, but foster is more of a talent than rice. The ravens just won a superbowl by giving their backup rb a larger portion of touches. They have caught onto the rbbc theory as i believe they will utilize it more throughout the season.

Has there been a more consistent player than Arian Foster the last few seasons?

I don't like when an RBs YPC start to decline. Part of Foster's problem is aging and a declining offensive line. I do like the weakness in Houston's schedule over the last half of the season.

I'm going to go with a runner that has fresh legs and an offensive line that should be one of the best run blockers in the league with Doug Martin. I think that Freeman and the entire offense comes alive this season and DM contends for the #1 RB ranking.

I think it's Foster. Somehow he still has doubters in fantasyland, perhaps simply because he came out of nowhere, but he's as good as they get. I wouldn't really quibble with any of the players you've mentioned, but I couldn't pass up Foster.

You're right, I don't think i could pass up Foster. It is so tempting to take a shot on Martin because he might have a higher ceiling than Foster, but Foster's consistency and the fact that he will score double digit TDs again makes him #2 in my mind.

I don't like when an RBs YPC start to decline. Part of Foster's problem is aging and a declining offensive line. I do like the weakness in Houston's schedule over the last half of the season.

I'm going to go with a runner that has fresh legs and an offensive line that should be one of the best run blockers in the league with Doug Martin. I think that Freeman and the entire offense comes alive this season and DM contends for the #1 RB ranking.

Yeah i hate when rbs get old. Now that foster is 31.. no wait 30... 29? 28? 27??

Hes only 26 years old. I dont think age is catching up with him and propose you delete those comments.

Yeah i hate when rbs get old. Now that foster is 31.. no wait 30... 29? 28? 27??

Hes only 26 years old. I dont think age is catching up with him and propose you delete those comments.

Age might not be catching up with him....but all those touches just might be. Dude has shouldered incredible workloads the past few years. Eventually all those touches will have an effect on his play.

Will it be this year? Who knows. But his ypc did decline last year. Some of that was poor line play....which might improve this year but it might not. But some of it might be workload too.

Think he's still a bonafide RB1....but with the second pick I'm taking a player with less mileage in Martin/Charles.

Age might not be catching up with him....but all those touches just might be. Dude has shouldered incredible workloads the past few years. Eventually all those touches will have an effect on his play.

Will it be this year? Who knows. But his ypc did decline last year. Some of that was poor line play....which might improve this year but it might not. But some of it might be workload too.

Think he's still a bonafide RB1....but with the second pick I'm taking a player with less mileage in Martin/Charles.

If you believe the amount of touches are taking their toll then i can understand. Saying his age is catching up with him is dumb. There have been plenty of rbs able to maintain a large workload for multiple years in a row and being a larger rb should allow him to do so.

I said Foster's aging and declining offensive line. The Texans OL is not what it used to be and he had trouble getting to the edge last year for long gains. That is one of the reasons that Foster had an anemic 4.0 YPC last year. He made his numbers because he got a massive workload. Great RBs are made by great OLs. Also, don't discount the effect of having one of the top minds in zone blocking with Kyle Shanahan on board in prior years coaching up the OL. I know zone blocking is also Kubiaks specialty but having another top not coach helps.

As far as age it is based off of the idea that a RB only has so many touches in their bodies. I'm a Foster fan and picked him up late in drafts his 2nd year and he carried me to championships. As a rule I will not take a back that rushes for under 4.2 yards per carry the previous year. The rate at which an RB declines is rabid and we've witnessed it many times before.

Foster could have another excellent year or two left in him. He has the perfect schedule down the stretch. I'm just going to side with an up and coming talent and offensive line with Doug Martin.

I said Foster's aging and declining offensive line. The Texans OL is not what it used to be and he had trouble getting to the edge last year for long gains. That is one of the reasons that Foster had an anemic 4.0 YPC last year. He made his numbers because he got a massive workload. Great RBs are made by great OLs. Also, don't discount the effect of having one of the top minds in zone blocking with Kyle Shanahan on board in prior years coaching up the OL. I know zone blocking is also Kubiaks specialty but having another top not coach helps.

As far as age it is based off of the idea that a RB only has so many touches in their bodies. I'm a Foster fan and picked him up late in drafts his 2nd year and he carried me to championships. As a rule I will not take a back that rushes for under 4.2 yards per carry the previous year. The rate at which an RB declines is rabid and we've witnessed it many times before.

Foster could have another excellent year or two left in him. He has the perfect schedule down the stretch. I'm just going to side with an up and coming talent and offensive line with Doug Martin.

Not buying into the aging thing. At 26 years old age is not the issue.

.. tell ya what, FFtder's ... i see Charles primed for a Faulk/Holmes/LT-esque campaign. the hell with 'who's number 2' .... i take Jamaal at ONE and never look back. you can have AP after i snag the '13 NFL/Fantasy MVP.

I AM NEWPOSTERGUY!!!

.. tell ya what, FFtder's ... i see Charles primed for a Faulk/Holmes/LT-esque campaign. the hell with 'who's number 2' .... i take Jamaal at ONE and never look back. you can have AP after i snag the '13 NFL/Fantasy MVP.

I AM NEWPOSTERGUY!!!

and there you go

Not buying into the aging thing. At 26 years old age is not the issue.

I think you are intentionally avoiding the point. Sanders came back on his argument and said it is more of the workload he has gotten. And a declining YPC is definitely something to be concerned about.

• Like 1

I understand the concern with Foster's ypc decreasing the last 3 seasons. But it's hard for me to go against someone with these stats the last 3 seasons:

Rush Yards avg: 1,421

Rush Tds avg: 13.6

Rec Yards avg: 479

Rec Tds avg: 2

Those are pretty staggering numbers to go against. But, I do understand people's concerns, most alarming to me is the lack of production last year in the receiving game (40 rec, 217 yds) and his ypc. Maybe I'd go Jamal Charles, if anyone, but I don't think I could do it.

I think you are intentionally avoiding the point. Sanders came back on his argument and said it is more of the workload he has gotten. And a declining YPC is definitely something to be concerned about.

Well when arian foster gets close to 30 we will just have to make up another word for aging since a 26 year old with a lot of carries is considered aging.

I would never automatically nix a rb off of my board because he had a 4.2 ypc the prior year. Multiple factors could have been at play. If he wants doug martin i can completely understand that. I made a case for quite a few guys including doug. We have to take the decline in offensive line into play but also consider it should be better again this year. A nagging injury could have had him running at 80% all year.

I like Charles at #2. I think he will catch 40 balls this year easy, and as strange as this sounds...Alex Smith is the best QB Charles has played with in his prime.

Oh and he's my keeper for a 1st giving up 9th overall for him, paired with Spiller who will cost me an 8th rder, pretty excited for my foundation to start my team.

I like Charles at #2. I think he will catch 40 balls this year easy, and as strange as this sounds...Alex Smith is the best QB Charles has played with in his prime.

Oh and he's my keeper for a 1st giving up 9th overall for him, paired with Spiller who will cost me an 8th rder, pretty excited for my foundation to start my team.

That is a killer start. I get spiller in the ninth along with graham in the 16th.

That's not to shabby either. I've got some stiff competition with a guy keeping Shady and Martin, and one with Alf and Lynch.

I feel like my RBs are kind of volatile with carry totals, so I'll be looking to add a RB3 with guaranteed touches, not sure who yet. Think Gore could be sneaky for one more year.

I'd go Foster or Charles, personally. Probably Charles because his ceiling is incredibly high.

But Martin is a great option as well.

I think it's basically a gut call between those three.

I almost don't want the second pick just so I don't have to make the decision because it is that hard and that close between these guys we are talking about. All awesome players and producers for any fantasy roster.

Charles. New coach crazy good line. ANd they are going to FEATURE him it's a no brainer. might get 2k

I AM NEWPOSTERGUY!!!

While I find you to be a complete jackass in most of your posts, I would agree with this. I have been taking Charles at any position I can get him. I took him at the 1.01 in a draft and the league ripped me apart on the message boards. I told them not to judge until AFTER the season. I see him putting up around 1,400 rushing yards and somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 receptions. If he isn't #1, he's the very clear #2 in my book. I'll take him over Foster anytime. Last year, Foster looked like crap in the playoffs. I think Kubiak is wise enough to sit his horse more to have him rested for the playoff stretch this season. I think Tate will get more carries and Foster will drop a bit. Don't get me wrong, he's still a valuable asset, but I don't see him as the #1 or #2 RB anymore.

Last year, Foster looked like crap in the playoffs. I think Kubiak is wise enough to sit his horse more to have him rested for the playoff stretch this season.

Huh?

WC 32/140/1 TD; 8 rec/34

DIV 22/90/1 TD; 7 rec/63/1 TD

He was best thing the Texans had going for them in the playoffs, putting up typical Arian Foster numbers.

I AM NEWPOSTERGUY!!!

time to bump this mofo NUGGET !!111!1!11! :clap:

AP and Doug Martin owners/believers can eat a bag o' d!cks :banana:

CHARLES FOR THE WIN, FANTASY MVP ... most dominating rb performance in the history of the ff playoffs :doublethumbsup:

bringin' home the moolah for those who took the plunge :first:

I AM CLAIRVOYANT/SOOTHSAYING NEWPOSTERGUY !!1!!111 :music_guitarred:

CHARLES FOR THE WIN, FANTASY MVP ... most dominating rb performance in the history of the ff playoffs :doublethumbsup:

congrats

So far so good but there's still 1-2 more weeks...