Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Browns trade Kizer to Packers for CB Damarious Randall

Makin moves like a champ... guess Sashi Brown did alot better than everyone though

I really don't understand this move for the Packers so hopefully someone can explain. The Packers who are already weak on defense trade one of their best defensive backs and INT leader for a backup QB in Kizer when they already have a better version of Kizer in Brett Hundley. I realize Randall was a bit of trouble for them but they trade him for Kizer?! The Packers must've had a really high grade on Kizer coming out in the draft.

The Packers are dying. One of the worst coaches in the NFL. Ted Thompson who lost his touch. An unhappy Rodgers probably. Love it. Couldn't happen to a more deserving team.

• Like 1

McCarthy/Thompson can't figure out that Hundley is pure garbage so they add more garbage. Bravo.

• Like 1

The Packers are dying. One of the worst coaches in the NFL. Ted Thompson who lost his touch. An unhappy Rodgers probably. Love it. Couldn't happen to a more deserving team.

And his Super Bowl victory was against another over ranked head coach.

This is the best thing that could have happened to kizer and I'm happy for him. Fock all you guys

No question better then he might have had with the Browns n

I really don't understand this move for the Packers so hopefully someone can explain. The Packers who are already weak on defense trade one of their best defensive backs and INT leader for a backup QB in Kizer when they already have a better version of Kizer in Brett Hundley. I realize Randall was a bit of trouble for them but they trade him for Kizer?! The Packers must've had a really high grade on Kizer coming out in the draft.

Some vets were asking them to get rid of Randall last year. He didnt mesh well.

Why is Kizer written off? I was never huge on him but he was thrown into the fire for the worst franchise in the NFL. How did we expect him to do?

They just got a 22 yesr old QB who went in the 2nd round. Plus they moved up in the 4th and 5th. Hold the 1st pick of day 3 which is valuable to trade with.

I don't get why people bash this move. They wanted a backup. How is this worse than drafting one in the 3rd or 4th round?

Randall was average at best and thr Browns are playing him at safety.

TT is no longer the GM.

I'm sorry but you rarely know what you are talking about.

And the Bears still suck

McCarthy/Thompson can't figure out that Hundley is pure garbage so they add more garbage. Bravo.

Why is Kizer hot garbage? Because he played bad getting thrown into a trrrible situation as a 21 year old? Yeah Goff was hot garbage also. Because he did poor getting thrown into thr Browns lineup his rookie year it means he cant become a capable backup in the league?

It is laughable how easy people throw away guys when time and time again a lot of tookie QBs suck and many are put in fst better situations than Kizer was tossed into.

I just traded a 3.12 for him.

I read that the Packers were very high on him last year coming out of college. And very upset they missed out on drafting him. Then, the very first chance they get, they make a deal to bring him in. Sounds pretty good to me.

Hell, I figured the last pick in the rookie draft is usually a dart throw, gut feeling anyways.

Agree I think he's a good pick up for the Packers.

They have nothing to lose here.

Proverbs 22:4

Ahhh... A packers fan. Funny, most packers fans I know are fairly knowledgable about football. And they aren't always jerks.

We got a rare one here folks...

With you on board, that would make two of you. Oh mmm folks.

I think it's too early to make final judgement on Kizer.

to me, the scouting reports implied that he would need to sit for a year before he'd be ready to play NFL Calibre ball.

the browns did not sit him and were unhappy with the results (Gee, what a surprise)

the fact he can go to a team with a top end QB who knows how to win has got to be a huge blessing for Kizer, and quite possibly a nice break. the Pack can now develop him the way he should be developed (provided the Browns havn't ruined him already)

This is a win for both Kizer (and quite potentially the Packers).

while it remains to be seen how this will turn out, I dont mind the move.

Browns lol

The Ringer's Kevin Clark reports the Browns have "considered" drafting a quarterback with both the No. 1 and No. 4 overall picks.

It is highly unlikely this actually happens, but that does not mean it is a bad idea. The success rate of even first-round quarterbacks is shockingly low, but taking two of the top quarterbacks would give Cleveland a decent shot at landing one long-term starter. If both pan out, they would also have a valuable trade chip to acquire future assets. That said, developing one quarterback is difficult enough, and it would be a challenge to find enough practice reps for Tyrod Taylor and two rookies. Still, the fact the Browns have even considering an out-of-the-box idea like this is a good sign.
can't tell whats worse, that the browns would consider this, or that Rotoworld thinks this is a good idea

The guy talking on NFL SiriusXM today spoke in person to the Cleveland Browns GM and asked him about it saying his callers are suggesting the idea of taking a QB at 1 and 4 and the GM looked at him like the caller's were nuts so there is not much to this story. Yea they said they considered it but not really.

The guy talking on NFL SiriusXM today spoke in person to the Cleveland Browns GM and asked him about it saying his callers are suggesting the idea of taking a QB at 1 and 4 and the GM looked at him like the caller's were nuts so there is not much to this story. Yea they said they considered it but not really.

it does seem like a whole nother level of stupid, which is why I assumed its true with the Browns

Browns lol

The Ringer's Kevin Clark reports the Browns have "considered" drafting a quarterback with both the No. 1 and No. 4 overall picks.

It is highly unlikely this actually happens, but that does not mean it is a bad idea. The success rate of even first-round quarterbacks is shockingly low, but taking two of the top quarterbacks would give Cleveland a decent shot at landing one long-term starter. If both pan out, they would also have a valuable trade chip to acquire future assets. That said, developing one quarterback is difficult enough, and it would be a challenge to find enough practice reps for Tyrod Taylor and two rookies. Still, the fact the Browns have even considering an out-of-the-box idea like this is a good sign.

can't tell whats worse, that the browns would consider this, or that Rotoworld thinks this is a good idea

Why wouldn't they just offer the 4 pic for Foles?

Browns are just trying to entice a QB needy team to offer a ransom for the 4th pick. Nothing to see here.

Packers are the equivalent of the colts 2 years ago. They have a elite QB and a roster full of trash. The only reason the colts and packers are even relevant are bc of there stud qbs. The coaching staff and GM for both organizations are awful and get bailed out every year by there QBs.....until they get hurt. Then it shows everyone their crap rosters but the coaching staff get bailed out bc there star got injured

Packers are the equivalent of the colts 2 years ago. They have a elite QB and a roster full of trash. The only reason the colts and packers are even relevant are bc of there stud qbs. The coaching staff and GM for both organizations are awful and get bailed out every year by there QBs.....until they get hurt. Then it shows everyone their crap rosters but the coaching staff get bailed out bc there star got injured

I'm not so sure about that, did you take a look at D Adams last season.

He avg 15 points per game in ppr with Rodgers.

And then avg 16 points per game without Rodgers.

They have two good young Rbs.

And just air lifted in J Graham.

I think Rodgers has a pretty good supply of good support around him.

I do agree about Rogers being a great QB.

Thanks.