Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

(OFFICIAL) *****70's Music Draft***** LOD UP

I never understood the love of "Born To Run"... I don't mind Springsteen, I just don't understand why people thing this is such a great song...

agreed......not a fan

It's the signature song from probably the biggest rock star to come out of the 70's. Whatever.

I never understood the love of "Born To Run"... I don't mind Springsteen, I just don't understand why people thing this is such a great song...

I don't care at all for the original but I really like this version, ...when he actually starts singing. He's so long winded. 3:20 starts the song.

FWIW, Big Guy took my first choice :(

When I saw I was 3rd, I figured I would have to choose between Hotel CA and Freebird. No way to get them both.

It's the signature song from probably the biggest rock star to come out of the 70's. Whatever.

OK.....it IS a great song, I just think you could have picked it up in the 2nd round.

OK.....it IS a great song, I just think you could have picked it up in the 2nd round.

Yeah. Maybe even later. But. To each their own.

• Like 1

Really? Freebird and Hotel California are fine and BTR is getting shite? Ok. Hotel California sucks and I wish I could never hear it again. I would say the same thing about Freebird which is about ten minutes too long but no one plays it anymore because of it sucking even more.

• Like 1

Really? Freebird and Hotel California are fine and BTR is getting shite? Ok. Hotel California sucks and I wish I could never hear it again. I would say the same thing about Freebird which is about ten minutes too long but no one plays it anymore because of it sucking even more.

I just agree with Big Guy, it seemed like a song that could be a real good steal in the second round (I have it right around my top ten but was hoping it would be overlooked a bit).

Not a fan of Hotel or Freebird either, though the use of Freebird in "The Devil's Rejects" is pretty damn awesome...

:lol:

FYI - I'm going to the W. Virginia/Tcu game 2nite. Will try and update from my phone if I can.

Cool, have fun...

I know you are probably rooting for TCU, but GO EERS!!!

My top 3 are gone

1) Stairway to Heaven

2) Hotel California

3) American Pie

The rest are 1st rounders

Yeah, I was hoping American Pie dropped to me. Clearly others had the same thought.

Please, no more videos in the thread. Let's just keep it to songs and comments. Thanks

Why not? I enjoy the posting of videos. Does this cost you hardship or something? :dunno:

• Like 1

Why not? I enjoy the posting of videos. Does this cost you hardship or something? :dunno:

Just clutters it up. No big deal. Sometimes I miss a pick that's hiding between them if someone quotes it.

Yeah, I was hoping American Pie dropped to me. Clearly others had the same thought.

And I thought I'd be laughed at for taking AP - especially at #1

When Q104.3 does their annual top 1043 songs of all time - the top six looks just about like this top 6.

BTW this is Wrong. BTR is not top 10 in the annual count down.

agreed......not a fan

The New Jersey state song is about a tramp. Appropriate.

• Like 1

And I thought I'd be laughed at for taking AP - especially at #1

It was my #1. Didn't think it would make it to me though. :(

Im actually a big fan of BTR. Its just not the #1 song of the 70s

If we're doing it that way then why don't we just go look at the billboard website and come back and discuss? If you guys didn't like that, just wait. And it's miles better than Hotel California

BTW this is Wrong. BTR is not top 10 in the annual count down.

What year? It sure used to be.

Arguing over personal music preference. Priceless.

Awesome.

Panties bunched right out of the gate.

This should be loads of fun now that were gonna rag on each and every pick.

Theyre all iconic songs in their own right, and were all overplayed before 1980.

But BTR just doesnt leapfrog 15 other songs as decade defining IMO.

And opinion is what this is all about.

• Like 1

What year? It sure used to be.

Top of my head I thought so too.

2016 was ranked #13

Awesome.

Panties bunched right out of the gate.

This should be loads of fun now that were gonna rag on each and every pick.

Theyre all iconic songs in their own right, and were all overplayed before 1980.

But BTR just doesnt leapfrog 15 other songs as decade defining IMO.

And opinions is what this is all about.

It's kinda fun though.

2016 was ranked #13

And now HT ranked it #1. What's the big focking deal?

• Like 1

2016 was ranked #13

I'm sure it's fallen off the last few years. Probably full of fockin U2 now.

Made me

Laugh

It's not a big deal. Honestly he very well might not of gotten it in round two so if he wanted BTR and had the very first pick - then it was a smart move.

Excellent pick HT.

I have heard it enough myself to last a lifetime. I don't hate Zeppelin, but they aren't top 5 for me like they seem to be for most people our age. I prefer the Stones and the Who by a mile.

Sure its overplayed as hell. But thats for a reason. Its awesome. I love how it starts off slow and soft and just builds and builds until it explodes.

Happy to have it as my #1. One day I had stairway come up on the shuffle on my stereo. My Malaysian roommate said what the fock is that?! Its really good!

Um, no sh!t. Have you really never heard stairway before? No? Let me introduce you to the classics my friend.

Great pick with hotel California. One of my personal faves, knew it wouldnt make it back.

I hope this Lodi character doesn't Fvck us over.

:mad:

• Like 1

And it's miles better than Hotel California

Not to me. One of the cornerstones of a great 70s rock song is a good guitar solo. Felder and Walsh created a masterpiece there.

Rossington and Collins did the same with Freebird and Paige also wailed on Stairway.

Bruces songs were not big into solos as their rock always had a more folkish feel.

Thats why BTR lands outside the top tier for me.

Not to me. One of the cornerstones of a great 70s rock song is a good guitar solo. Felder and Walsh created a masterpiece there.

Rossington and Collins did the same with Freebird and Paige also wailed on Stairway.

Bruces songs were not big into solos as their rock always had a more folkish feel.

Thats why BTR lands outside the top tier for me.

Agreed on all points and American Pie has none of that but what it lacks musically it makes up for with beautiful lyrics and story telling.

its a song parents grandparents and kids can (and do) love.

Agreed on all points and American Pie has none of that but what it lacks musically it makes up for with beautiful lyrics and story telling.

its a song parents grandparents and kids can (and do) love.

AP was on my list as well, but Im not sure where I would have taken it.

I dont consider it a rock song. Definitely a folk song to me.

I hope this Lodi character doesn't Fvck us over.

:mad:

I'm good dude. Didn't see anything yesterday before I went to bed and was swamped at work today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgubG-MOPT4

1.8 - The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

Not to knock Baba O'Reiley, lots of folks think it's the best Who song. I don't though, I like this song better.

If we're doing it that way then why don't we just go look at the billboard website and come back and discuss? If you guys didn't like that, just wait. And it's miles better than Hotel California

FWIW I just finished watching a documentary on 70's music on Netflix and of the bands drafted so far The Eagles had a blip,Zeppelin and Heart had decent coverage but The Boss,specifically Born To Run had a very nice segment.Granted that proves nothing because once again subjectiveness but IMO that was an excellent pick from an album that is a true masterpiece of music.