Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

(OFFICIAL) *****70's Music Draft***** LOD UP

Five more picks to go to say I love the entire first round.

1:10 Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band-Night Moves

:thumbsup: Ok I'll cross that off my list.

FWIW I just finished watching a documentary on 70's music on Netflix and of the bands drafted so far The Eagles had a blip,Zeppelin and Heart had decent coverage but The Boss,specifically Born To Run had a very nice segment.Granted that proves nothing because once again subjectiveness but IMO that was an excellent pick from an album that is a true masterpiece of music.

Thank you. And I'm not trying to "win". As if I ever could. Besides, seeing the amount of votes Edjr got in the 80's draft, I would never have a chance even if I was the most popular guy here, because I'm not picking just popular songs. I'm trying to pick good ones. Thriller is more popular than a lot of songs, but it sure isn't better than many of them.

1.09 - Derek and the Dominoes - Layla

I have zero tolerance for that song!

1:10 Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band-Night Moves

Nice, one of my faves that I would have picked later.

Thank you. And I'm not trying to "win". As if I ever could. Besides, seeing the amount of votes Edjr got in the 80's draft, I would never have a chance even if I was the most popular guy here, because I'm not picking just popular songs. I'm trying to pick good ones. Thriller is more popular than a lot of songs, but it sure isn't better than many of them.

Do what you like. There's no need to justify a solid first round pick. If you left other songs on the list well, that's your prerogative.

1.11 John Lennon - Imagine

It would have been the top pick if he didn't get hurt.

Nice, one of my faves that I would have picked later.

Was thinking I could do the same.

I'm thinking there's no sneaking anything around here, at least not in the first couple of rounds.

I'm thinking there's no sneaking anything around here, at least not in the first couple of rounds.

Yeah, I'm lining up my favs up now.

Yeah. That was definitely a career ending injury

:(

AP was on my list as well, but Im not sure where I would have taken it.

I dont consider it a rock song. Definitely a folk song to me.

Well, this isn't a rock song draft, now is it? :nono:

Fucko

1.11 John Lennon - Imagine

Sorry, shitdick, but it was "John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band"

Let the record reflect this for future voting. :mad:

Its really fascinating to learn which music was most important to each of us from that era.

I came of age in the 70s and 80s so this is the music of my life.

Well, this isn't a rock song draft, now is it? :nono:

Fucko

No. Its not.

But I was addressing my original comments about iconic 70s ROCK songs

No. Its not.

But I was addressing my original comments about iconic 70s ROCK songs

Fair enough. :cheers:

Tell you what, though...I'm gonna sprinkle in so many real rock / heavy rock songs in this draft that I'll only get 3 or 4 votes like I did in the 80's draft.

Also, on a different tangent, while I dislike Springsteen as a person, Born To Run was a pretty damn powerful and iconic 70's song.

#1? to the right person, of course.

Music is subjective, fuckos.

So many ways to go here but I'm a musician at heart, and I feel the need to pick what I feel is the most musical rock song ever.

1.12 Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody

So many ways to go here but I'm a musician at heart, and I feel the need to pick what I feel is the most musical rock song ever.

Obvious pick. :thumbsup: Kinda suprised it fell to you at #12

Obvious pick. :thumbsup: Kinda suprised it fell to you at #12

Thanks. I literally feel like we could do 100 rounds on this. I'm looking forward to getting past the first few rounds of obvious picks and getting to my more guilty pleasures and seeing if folks agree. :cheers:

It's about five songs in one.

I expected this to go top 5

Been waiting on it. Iconic song and performer.

I expected this to go top 5

I passed because it was a bit too much of an oddity with it's constant and extreme changes of pace. A great song ... for somebody else.

Won't Get Fooled Again was my #4 song but the top of my second tier, the first three having already gone by eight.

Was a coin toss between Layla, Imagine, and Rhapsody.

Can't go wrong with Layla. :cheers:

Please stop using cheat sheets as a gage or barometer for these songs. Pick from your taste. Anyone can read off of a list. What's your taste? Pick that. A lot more interesting doing that. Just saying.

Please stop using cheat sheets as a gage or barometer for these songs. Pick from your taste. Anyone can read off of a list. What's your taste? Pick that. A lot more interesting doing that. Just saying.

Example of what you mean by this?

I didn't use a cheat sheet in the 80s draft but the 70s are harder for me since I was so young. So I know I need a crutch.

Honestly though, I look at these lists and only recognize 60% of the songs. That's not the case yet here, trough 1.11 I know all the songs.

I think most if not all of us have cheat sheets that we made ourselves from our tastes.That said you should love my draft as my 70's tastes are all over the focking place.

Meh, it isn't like people are drafting based on chart performance so far or anything (the 80's draft didn't really pay any mind to the Hot 100 either).

I dont use charts or cheat sheets for this stuff.

I just remember what I was listening to at the time and that guides me. From memory, Ive made a list of about 50 songs for the 70s that I would love to have on my team. Well see how many I can actually get.

I dont use charts or cheat sheets for this stuff.

I just remember what I was listening to at the time and that guides me. From memory, Ive made a list of about 50 songs for the 70s that I would love to have on my team. Well see how many I can actually get.

I'm sure I'll get 16 songs I love. I'm more concerned with the 90s which was a trash decade; there's a reasonable chance I run out of juice by round ten.

I'm sure I'll get 16 songs I love. I'm more concerned with the 90s which was a trash decade; there's a reasonable chance I run out of juice by round ten.

That could happen to me too. I didnt buy many albums in the 90s and then moved to single song downloads as they became readily available.

But there might be more there than we realize.