Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Brady has lost IT

The Giants stopped them from overtaking the Yankees as Americas greatest franchise.

Good call bumping this right now. It'll probably be your last chance.

:lol:

This is probably your 5th time saying that

Tom Brady, with his 13th appearance, has made it to the AFC Championship in 75% of the seasons he's played in.

Drew Brees, in his record breaking season, completed 74% of his passes.

There is a better chance that Tom Brady will be in the AFC Championship than there is Drew Brees will complete a pass.

Tom Brady, with his 13th appearance, has made it to the AFC Championship in 75% of the seasons he's played in.

Drew Brees, in his record breaking season, completed 74% of his passes.

There is a better chance that Tom Brady will be in the AFC Championship than there is Drew Brees will complete a pass.

Not when Brees keeps dumping the ball behind the line a majority of the time...

This is probably your 5th time saying that

I'm the guy who says the pats will be good as long as Belichick is there, and Brady is a system QB. All I was saying is that the Pats will lose to KC.

Just making another champ game for a 78yr old QB is impressive. Brady has quickly erased any convo of best ever. He was the best before, but there was a convo. I don’t see how it’s remotely close now.

I'm the guy who says the pats will be good as long as Belichick is there, and Brady is a system QB. All I was saying is that the Pats will lose to KC.

Just making another champ game for a 78yr old QB is impressive. Brady has quickly erased any convo of best ever. He was the best before, but there was a convo. I don’t see how it’s remotely close now.

Is this going to be his 9th SB? And people put the guy down because he lost a few. Crazy.

BRING BACK JIMMY G!

It's now going to be ESPN trendy to say he's not done, not falling of the cliff, etc.... watch 'em all refuse to say it next year or the year after even when Brady finally does suxor and clearly can't do it anymore.

Sorry for predicting the team that you root for will lose. I was wrong. You were right. I'm happy for you that the team that you root for won, but I'm also sad for myself since I bet on the team that you don't root for because I was confident that the team you root for would lose.

Sorry for predicting the team that you root for will lose. I was wrong. You were right. I'm happy for you that the team that you root for won, but I'm also sad for myself since I bet on the team that you don't root for because I was confident that the team you root for would lose.

I'm laughing at the system qb stuff

:lol: it's a good joke, props!

So you don't think Colin Kaepernick would have led the Pats to 9 SB appearances? :D

It's crazy people who spend a lot of time watching football and don't realize the talent Brady has. After all this time. :blink:

Face it. If Brady played for their team they would be saying something completely different and praising him.

Well he is.

I love and marvel at Brady's intellect... He walks up and instantly knows what's coming, where the weakness is - and he exploits it. KC refused to adjust for the RB dump off last night - and #12 ate them alive with it. ..You rarely see Tom force a pass into a bad area....I also love how he can hit 5'8" wr in stride, over the middle - that's not easy to do.

I love and marvel at Brady's intellect... He walks up and instantly knows what's coming, where the weakness is - and he exploits it. KC refused to adjust for the RB dump off last night - and #12 ate them alive with it. ..You rarely see Tom force a pass into a bad area....I also love how he can hit 5'8" wr in stride, over the middle - that's not easy to do.

The INT in the endzone was horrific. Most of his INTs are usually drops/deflections

Belichick vs. Brady

I would love to be in the room and see how Belichick would game plan against Brady (if he had to).

I can only imagine the haidsplode if that non-call was for the Pats instead of Rams... that woulda' been fun!

Belichick vs. Brady

I would love to be in the room and see how Belichick would game plan against Brady (if he had to).

Tom Brady has a compact throwing motion and a very quick release and is accurate with it and is very smart and like an offensive coordinator on the field. The book to beat a guy like that is to jam all the WRs so they just cannot get to where they need to be. Then blitz a lot and get pressure. You don't really have any other choice. That will leave you open to other things like the run is going to be more effective and with the strong running game of the Patriots (IF the head coach is SMART) he will run it down your throat.

But you said stop Brady not the running game...

Face it. If Brady played for their team they would be saying something completely different and praising him.

Imagine he played for your team?

Tom Brady has a compact throwing motion and a very quick release and is accurate with it and is very smart and like an offensive coordinator on the field. The book to beat a guy like that is to jam all the WRs so they just cannot get to where they need to be. Then blitz a lot and get pressure. You don't really have any other choice. That will leave you open to other things like the run is going to be more effective and with the strong running game of the Patriots (IF the head coach is SMART) he will run it down your throat.

But you said stop Brady not the running game...

Thing is he makes it harder for people to game plan for him cause he can make adjustments at the line and then they run all over the other team

If Brady played for my team, he'd just be another quarterback.

No hed still be great. You cant make throws like he does in a system or get it out as quick

If the coach isn't good enough to make sure the entire team is on the same page, then the team won't win super bowls, and then the QB wouldn't get all the credit, and he would be Matt Ryan.

No hed still be great. You cant make throws like he does in a system or get it out as quick

I bet Brady today could take 20+ teams in the league to the playoffs if he was their QB. 5-10 years ago? Probably all of them.

Digby is a great Patriots fan. You can tell, by how the other actual Pats fans acknowledge him. Lol.

If the coach isn't good enough to make sure the entire team is on the same page, then the team won't win super bowls, and then the QB wouldn't get all the credit, and he would be Matt Ryan.

Hes got his hit or miss Years. One year hes on fire. The next? Ice cold.

Baker Mayfield is like a young Tom Brady. Mayfield has a very quick release and a very very accurate. He's starting to call plays and make adjustments at the line of scrimmage. He is still inexperienced but if he can fully grasp all the nuances of the game he can be the next Brady.

There were rumors in the draft that if the Browns didn't select him, the Patriots were going to make a blockbuster trade to move up and grab him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23374606/agent-says-new-england-patriots-discussed-trading-draft-baker-mayfield

Baker Mayfield's agent says the New England Patriots indicated to him they were considering trading up to the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL draft if the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback out of Oklahoma was available.

Mayfield's agent, Jack Mills, made his comments on "The Business of Sports with Andrew Brandt" podcast.

Mayfield ended up being picked No. 1 overall by the Cleveland Browns, but Mills said the Patriots were interested enough in his client to swing a blockbuster trade if Mayfield fell one spot. Mills said the Browns kept their interest in Mayfield quiet right up to the draft and that the New York Jets indicated that they planned to pick him if he was available at No. 3.

"When he visited the Jets, they pretty much said you're our guy if you're there," Mills said.

Asked if on the day of the draft whether he was expecting the Jets to select Mayfield, Mills said: "We knew that was the bottom line.

"We had another team which is going to surprise you. Another team had said, 'You may get a big surprise on draft day, at No. 2, if he's available.' And it was the Patriots," Mills said. "They had 23 and they had 31 and they had two seconds. We thought, 'That's gonna be a heck of a move, to get up that high from where they are.' And of course he wasn't available so we never knew if that was a reality or not."

After selecting running back Saquon Barkley at No. 2, New York Giants general manager Dave Gettleman said he had no interest in trading out of the pick. However, he said Monday on WFAN's "The Afternoon Drive with Carlin, Maggie & Bart" that he did receive "one very reasonable offer" for the pick but wouldn't go into details.

The Jets selected quarterback Sam Darnold at No. 3 overall with Mayfield off the board.

The Patriots, who traded backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to the San Francisco 49ers last season, had been thought to be in the market to draft Tom Brady's eventual successor this year but waited until the seventh round before picking a quarterback, selecting Danny Etling.

Brady, who will be 41 when the 2018 season starts, confirmed Monday that he will play this season and reiterated that he hopes to play into his mid-40s.

It is sad that self proclaimed football fans cannot recognize greatness when they see it. The Brady/Belichick era will never be duplicated in the NFL and no I am not a Patriots fan.

• Like 1

It is sad that self proclaimed football fans cannot recognize greatness when they see it. The Brady/Belichick era will never be duplicated in the NFL and no I am not a Patriots fan.

sure is, like women they let emotions fog reality

sure is, like women they let emotions fog reality

:thumbsup:

How do you write women so well?

I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability.