Sign in to follow this  
Kellys Heroes

Last 2 spots in 16 Team Slow Auction Dynasty, looking for manager Gurus

We are going to skip the NFL Team name thing... and roll w/ a 16 team dynasty league.

I am targeting July 20 to begin the auction.

Right now, theres 3 spot left...

New Pay out system for 16 teamer

16 Teams League, 6 Teams adv to playoffs

Entry Fees - $25 per Team; $25 x 32 = $400: Take out $90 in MFL and Pay-site Fees and there will be $310 Paid out to the league.

Playoff Seeds 1 & 2 form each Conference - $30 (Total of $60)

Playoff Seeds 3 - 4 form each Conference - $15 (Total of $30)

2 Playoff Wildcards form Each Conference - $10 (Total of $20)

Each winner of week 14 receives $10 (Total of $40)

Each winner of week 15 receives $15 (Total of $60)

SuperBowl Winner (Week 16) receives $100

HomePage

ByLaws

League Scoring is set

The draft will take a long time, and will be very challenging... it will take all of August to complete.

Initial Auction

* The initial auction date will be set once all teams have submitted payment and a date.

* Auction will be an online, conducted on the Host Site; MFL

* The initial auction will take a long time; please have the ability to check in multiple times a day and please have patience.

* Each Franchise will begin the initial year with a $100,000,000 ($100 Mil, No Cents) Salary Cap.

* A Players' Min Bid is $500K and bids will be in an increment of $50K.

* You will be forced to draft all 46 players in the Draft, You will need to follow the Roster Requirements and Limits. Players can not be dropped or Traded during the Draft.

* Draft Hours will be from 10 am ET to 12 am ET (Midnight). No Nomination or Bid can be made after 12 am ET until 10 am ET. (This will prevent people from Nominating player in the middle of the night and sniping them the next day)

* The Draft will be Ebay Style (Proxy Auction). Once a Player is nominated, they will be on the clock for 24 hrs. The Clock will not reset, even if the highest changes. Again, the same way Ebay works.

From the MFL Page: Here's a detailed example of how proxy bidding works. Let's assume your league is set up (on the "for commissioners > setup > auction setup" page) with the following parameters:

Minimum Opening Bid: $500,000

Minimum Bid Raise: $50,000

Let's assume that Franchise 1 opens bidding on Player A, and the initial bid is $5,000,000. The system will "remember" the maximum bid of $5,000,000; and report the initial bid on this player equal to the "Minimum Opening Bid" of $50,000.

Then, Franchise 2 submits a bid of $2,000,000 on Player A. The system recognizes that Franchise 1 was willing to pay up to $5,000,000 for Player A, so immediately after Franchise 2 submits his $2,000,000 bid, the system notifies him that he has been outbid, and then considers the high bid on Player A to be $2,000,000. Then, Franchise 2 submits a bid of $5,000,000 on Player A. The system recognizes that this bid amount is equal to the maximum bid made by Franchise 1, so the system then considers Franchise 2 to be immediately out-bid (earlier bids always beat later bids of the same amount), but the system then considers the current bid amount for Player A to be $5.00 (the maximum amount that Franchise 1 was willing to bid).

In other words, this "proxy" bidding configuration allows a franchise owner to bid only as much as he needs to on any given player, and no more.

Commissioner Requests:

** Please begin the draft with only having 2 Players Nominated in the Auction Pool at a time. I do not want to overload the Auction Pool, But I want to keep a constant flow to it as well. So I ask that there be no less than 25 Players in the Auction Pool and no more than 35 Players at a time. I calculated that the Draft will take up to 50 days if everyone follows these Rules

This can easily be done if everyone works together and follows some simple rules:

*After we have 32 or so Players nominated; Do Not Nominate Anymore Players Unless you win a Player from the Auction Pool or I give an ok to nominate!

*If I see managers continuously nominating players when they shouldn't; there will be one warning. If behavior continues I will lock your ability to Nominate players.

*Once you win a player, simply place another one back in the pool!

*You will have 24 hrs or till 11pm ET the following day to nominate your next player after winning a bid. If you do not nominate a player by that time frame, Commissioner will allow another manager to nominate a player.

*If the Player pool falls to 25 or below, Commissioner will allow managers to nominate players until the Auction Pool Builds back up. This will allow the draft to flow smoothly and as quickly as possible.

Again, Patience will be the key for this to work smoothly.

Hey kellys heroes

I am interested. live in Connecticut. I'll take the Giants if they are available

Hi Dave... I live in CT myself...

I want to keep the Eastern & Central Time Zones together in the AFC, I want to keep the PTs and MTs in the NFC... I'm doing this because I'm planning on having the Draft Times sent to MT for the NFC and Draft Time set to ET for the AFC.

However, a couple of people have said they don't mind that the draft time will be later and have taken NFC teams.

So if your not worried about people making bids around 1 am on u, I'll set u as the Gaints.

My email is kellys_heroes01@yahoo.com... email me; for some reason, my PMs don't work here.

Update

AFC Teams Taken - Jets / Browns

NFC Teams Taken - Saints / Eagles / Falcons / Giants

Yes this sounds interesting, please send me the link:

tomsandness@hotmail.com

I will take the Bengals if they are still available

I live in Fargo, ND--we are in the central time zone

Yes this sounds interesting, please send me the link:

tomsandness@hotmail.com

I will take the Bengals if they are still available

I live in Fargo, ND--we are in the central time zone

U got it...

Update

AFC Teams Taken - Jets / Browns / Colts / Bengals

Also, I am reducing the roster size to 36... instead of 46. No need for those extra spaces if we're not in dynasty mode.

I am looking to start the draft inbetween July 21th & July 27th.

U got it...

Update

AFC Teams Taken - Jets / Browns / Colts / Bengals

Also, I am reducing the roster size to 36... instead of 46. No need for those extra spaces if we're not in dynasty mode.

I am looking to start the draft inbetween July 21th & July 27th.

Kelly, whats with the WR and TE receiving yards?

Wrs dont get points until they hit the 100 yrd plateau and for TE's its 75yrds? I hope this can be settled to something like 1 pt for every 10 yrds receving?

If not this might be a deal breaker for me? With 32 teams potentially, WR & TEs need to be able to have value.

Let me know

Thanks

Kelly, whats with the WR and TE receiving yards?

Wrs dont get points until they hit the 100 yrd plateau and for TE's its 75yrds? I hope this can be settled to something like 1 pt for every 10 yrds receving?

If not this might be a deal breaker for me? With 32 teams potentially, WR & TEs need to be able to have value.

Let me know

Thanks

Here is the top performancers - http://football27.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=71478&O=08

Its very balanced. But I'm still playing w/ the scoring system, we will make adjustments that are needed next yr.

RB/WR/TE - all receive 1 pt for 20 yds (decimal scoring); remember, this is just a test yr.

Your looking at the bonus section... the system is what I call a "Continuing Bonus", This means that u still get a bonus when u reach whatever the bonus is set at... but u then continue to receive a small fraction of the bonus as your player goes over the bonus level. I'm taking full advantage of what MFL has to offer.

I just emailed the previously signed up... I am going to attempt to fill the league and go into start up yr this yr. If I can not fill the league by mid to late july; I will go back into Dry Run mode and do Start up Yr next yr.

Everyone who is signing up please understand that there may be some adjustments made to the rules next season as many of us are new to these rule sets. There are pretty much set for now.

I want to make the entry fee around $30 for start-up yr... that way I am able to give decent payouts to champions. I will give a payout system in the next day or 2.

If we go back into dry run mode... entry fee is back to $10

Auction timer will have to be set too 24 hrs instead of 48. I feel that we won't have enough time to place a player on bid for 48 hrs.

So lets see how many we get in 2 & 1/2 weeks... but its sounds like people are ready to drive into this.

Thank you

Kelly

I like the idea of going right into this year 1. Why waste time...

-NY Giants

:first:

Payout System Created

Entry Fees - $25 per Team ($25 x 32 = $800: MFL Deluxe Charge of $170 + $40 in pay site costs = $-210 (about $1.50 a team)).

$800 - $210 gives $590 in payouts

Playoff Seeds 1 & 2 form each Conference - $30 (Total of $120)

Playoff Seeds 3 – 4 form each Conference - $15 (Total of $60)

2 Playoff Wildcards form Each Conference - $10 (Total of $40)

Each winner of week 13 receives $10 ($Total of $40)

Each winner of week 14 receives $20 (Total of $80)

Each winner of week 15 receives $75 (Total of $150)

SuperBowl Winner (Week 16) receives $100

Live in Wichita, KS. I would like to have the Chiefs if they are still available. Email is tboss@harding.edu

Great news, we're about half way filled.. get ur team while its still open

Teams available

AFC (I would like Eastern and Central Time Zones in this Conf; Draft timer will be from 9am ET too 11pm ET)

East - Patriots / Dolphins

North - Full

South - Jags / Titans

West - Chargers / Broncos / Raiders

NFC (I would like Pacific and Mountain Time Zones in this Conf; Draft Timer will be from 9am MT too 11pm MT)

East - Redskins

North - Pack / Vikings / Lions / Bears

South - Bucs / Panthers /

West - Cards / 49ers / Rams / Seahawks