Sign in to follow this  
nobody

I can't draft Giovanni Bernard

He's so small he's getting manhandled by the falcons second string defense. If they get an arm on him he's going down. There is no way they're ever going to give him goal line work. He can't even fall forward. He gets stood up when safeties get one arm on him. He's great catching the ball, but no way he's effective between the tackles.

And yes I know it's preseason, but it's preseason for Atlanta, too. And all the other Bengal backs seem to be getting yards after contact. No way he should be going as high as he's going in drafts, and BJGE represents a lot of value if my speculation is correct

He's so small he's getting manhandled by the falcons second string defense. If they get an arm on him he's going down. There is no way they're ever going to give him goal line work. He can't even fall forward. He gets stood up when safeties get one arm on him. He's great catching the ball, but no way he's effective between the tackles.

And yes I know it's preseason, but it's preseason for Atlanta, too. And all the other Bengal backs seem to be getting yards after contact. No way he should be going as high as he's going in drafts, and BJGE represents a lot of value if my speculation is correct

if its non ppr, i agree. bjge loses luster in ppr leagues though.

i like the bengals a lot this year, and when they have the lead they wont be running with a scat back or throwing swing passes in the flat.

I liked Bernard's shake but did not care for his lack of power. Going to Cincy was not an ideal fit. He'll be marginal for FF purposes this year imo.

Im not sold on him yet. He did outscore BJGE in yards since he can be used as a receiver. However, I dont know how well he will be utilized and how well it will translate over for fantasy purposes

thanks

Where's Gio at on your rankings sheet Irv? You doing those again this year? Last year's sheets were excellent.

Where's Gio at on your rankings sheet Irv? You doing those again this year? Last year's sheets were excellent.

Yep it's all done, I am just doing some v-look-up in excel to update some of the stuff (bye/sos) on the pages.

ETA what a disater that cut and paste was

NJGE 209 830 8 15 102

Gio 165 705 3 34 265 1

Im not sold on him yet. He did outscore BJGE in yards since he can be used as a receiver. However, I dont know how well he will be utilized and how well it will translate over for fantasy purposes

green-ellis only played the first offensive series and Bernard played the entire half.

Like the guy said Quizz 2.0

and coming next week, the soon to be hit, ' i cant wait to draft gio bernard'. the sequel is always better than the 1st one, duh.

I have the #1 pick in my Dynasty Rookie Draft this weekend, I need RB help and can't decide between Ball, Bell and Bernard. I was originally thinking Ball because I have K. Moreno, then figured Bell with the opportunity he has, and yet again was thinking Bernard should be the choice.

Now I'm back to square one and have no idea! :)

I know the big joke is that everything in preseason is worthless, but preseason doesn't explain why he got stood up over and over again by an undrafted rookie free agent safety that will probably never even see playing time.

The guy is going too high. They'll force the ball to him because he's got speed, but he's going to be in a timeshare not getting the goalline work. BJGE should be going in front of him and they should both be going pretty late. Like 8th round +

The hype on Giovani Bernard is that he is the next Ray Rice.

Now that's a lot to live up to, for sure. But even saying he DID live up to it, what did Mr Ray Rice himself do his rookie year in the league?

800 total yards, 0 TDs

Granted the situations are different, but I really do think we are a year away from Bernard taking the league by storm if it's even going to happen at all.

The hype on Giovani Bernard is that he is the next Ray Rice.

Now that's a lot to live up to, for sure. But even saying he DID live up to it, what did Mr Ray Rice himself do his rookie year in the league?

800 total yards, 0 TDs

Granted the situations are different, but I really do think we are a year away from Bernard taking the league by storm if it's even going to happen at all.

OK Worms, you just may have convinced me to take Bernard #1 in my rookie only draft! :) He does have the same build as Rice and McCoy...

OK Worms, you just may have convinced me to take Bernard #1 in my rookie only draft! :) He does have the same build as Rice and McCoy...

Don't make that mistake. I don't see how you pass on Bell for Gio

Anyone see the hard knocks clip where they specifically said they drafted him to be a third down back?

I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of hard knocks, I find it hard to believe they would spend a second round pick on a "3rd down back". Unless they mean, this year only, that would make some sense. Gio can block real good for his size and can pick up the blitz, I'd be shocked if he wasn't a 3 down back next year.

Plus, I'm in a .5 pt PPR league, which may go to a full point next year...

Don't make that mistake. I don't see how you pass on Bell for Gio

Being a Northwestern fan and having gone to a few games vs Mich State, Bell doesn't do a whole lot for me, other than being in a good situation in Pitt. Ball should be able to take over Hillman eventually, I like him over Bell...I think! :)

I didn't say you should buy the hype. That's up to you.