:angry:

They you're getting a moon comment

BRB

Guys, he was joking.

:lol:

:overhead:

Guys, he was joking.

:lol:

That's what he's going to say during his concession speech..."Cmon, I was joking..."

• Like 1

you know he has a calendar that says

"say at least 1 retarded thing every day"

and every day of the last 3 months has an X through it

On 12 October 2006, the MSC united with three smaller groups and six Sunni Islamic tribes to form the "Mutayibeen Coalition". It swore by Allah "to rid Sunnis from the oppression of the rejectionists (Shi'ite Muslims) and the crusader occupiers ... to restore rights even at the price of our own lives ... to make Allah's word supreme in the world, and to restore the glory of Islam".[90][91] A day later, the MSC declared the establishment of the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI), comprising Iraq's six mostly Sunni Arab governorates

Pretty sure someone else was president and sec state then.

While Trump is a buffoon, his assertion is not without merit. But its not all on Obama either.

It was Zarqawi that effectively started what became ISIS. CIA operations officer Sam Faddis noted that Zarqawi showed up at a terrorist camp in Northern Iraq, created a memo that was sent to the White House. The CIA knew he was incredibly dangerous and sought to kill him, they knew where he was, that he was dabbling in chemical weapons testing. Bush declined to have Zarqawi killed. Instead Chaney fabricated a link between Zarqawi and Bin Laden, which did not exist because Al Qaeda leadership saw the guy as nothing more than a sociopathic street thug.

Obama's problem was that he pulled out of Iraq and left it wide open to Zarqawi who more or less opened up a sectarian war...but the tipping point was the destruction of the Golden Dome in Samara. Prior to that Al Qaeda kept him at arms length, after that they had to embrace him and through them he gained incredible resources and capabilities. By leaving the vacuum that he did, this apparently simple and appropriate action ensured the creation of ISIS....which could not have transpired with American troops still on the ground.

We should have never been there in the first place, Bush and Chaney hold half the blame for this......but once committed...pulling out like Obama did was the match to the flame and the result is what we have now. Both men were short sighted and failed to understand the arena they were operating in.

Yeah, he's not going to be able to "JK" this one. Some uber conservative radio host tried to help him walk that back - repeatedly - "You didn't really mean...." "Yes I did! You bet I did!" He just went on and on.

They actually have video of Trump saying Bush 1 got it right by declaring victory and pulling out of Iraq - and how we should do so again in 2007. - And now he blames Obama for pulling out - even though he recommended it - and Obama's hands were tied by the binding SOFA agreed to by Bush 2.

Guaranteed Trump doesn't even know what SOFA stands for.

Again, I thought Bush2, Palin was the bottom of the GOP barrel - that they'd reject being the party of the stupid - instead....

The chalk reason given is that Obama was mandated to pull out, and he was. Asking congress to approve us staying there was most likely not going to happen, especially during an election year. Not too many people wanted to stay.

While Trump is a buffoon, his assertion is not without merit. But its not all on Obama either.

It was Zarqawi that effectively started what became ISIS. CIA operations officer Sam Faddis noted that Zarqawi showed up at a terrorist camp in Northern Iraq, created a memo that was sent to the White House. The CIA knew he was incredibly dangerous and sought to kill him, they knew where he was, that he was dabbling in chemical weapons testing. Bush declined to have Zarqawi killed. Instead Chaney fabricated a link between Zarqawi and Bin Laden, which did not exist because Al Qaeda leadership saw the guy as nothing more than a sociopathic street thug.

Obama's problem was that he pulled out of Iraq and left it wide open to Zarqawi who more or less opened up a sectarian war...but the tipping point was the destruction of the Golden Dome in Samara. Prior to that Al Qaeda kept him at arms length, after that they had to embrace him and through them he gained incredible resources and capabilities. By leaving the vacuum that he did, this apparently simple and appropriate action ensured the creation of ISIS....which could not have transpired with American troops still on the ground.

We should have never been there in the first place, Bush and Chaney hold half the blame for this......but once committed...pulling out like Obama did was the match to the flame and the result is what we have now. Both men were short sighted and failed to understand the arena they were operating in.

I thought you were smarter than this.

Who committed USA to the binding SOFA requiring us to pull out?

Who chose Al Maliki - known to be a non partisanShia in the pocket of Iran who forced the SOFA?

I mean, these are just facts. And Trump himself is on record calling for the mass pullout from Iraq in 2007.

Honestly, even Faux is soft pedaling this. "Trump says Obama is a friend of ISIS" Actual quote. No, Trump said Founder or Founded SIX TIMES in 4 seconds.

I really think Trump wanted to rob attention from HRC economic speech and/or get us to not talk about his pedophile relationship and posting him on camera at a Trump rally. He really can't be this stupid, can he?.

I thought you were smarter than this.

Who committed USA to the binding SOFA requiring us to pull out?

Who chose Al Maliki - known to be a non partisanShia in the pocket of Iran who forced the SOFA?

I mean, these are just facts. And Trump himself is on record calling for the mass pullout from Iraq in 2007.

I think you are missing the point, both men had a role and responsibility, BOTH of them made mistakes; comparatively Bush was the worst of this, followed by Chaney, but Obama played a role as well. Foreign policy is not his strong suit, nor is it Hillary's....

I think you are missing the point, both men had a role and responsibility, BOTH of them made mistakes; comparatively Bush was the worst of this, followed by Chaney, but Obama played a role as well. Foreign policy is not his strong suit, nor is it Hillary's....

Sorry man, I'd love to rip him on this, but everyone wanted out.

Three-quarters of Americans supported the withdrawal, though a majority of Republicans did not. And of course the intrepid Maliki supported it as well.

There were real concerns al Qaeda wasn't done for. And there were plenty within the government, including U.S. senators, saying the troops should stay just in case things went south and they wanted Obama should to sell the idea, emphatically, to Maliki.

Iraq analyst Kirk Sowell said Obama never really tried. "This is one of the criticisms of Obama — that he sort of wanted the negotiations to fail," Sowell said, "and, so, he didn't even talk to Maliki until it was basically all over."

The State Department's lawyers said troops couldn't stay in Iraq unless the Iraqi parliament authorized them to do so, including granting them immunity from Iraqi law. The Iraqi parliamentarians would never OK such a decision, with Iraqi popular opinion staunchly against U.S. troops staying. Sowell said this was a deliberate actiont to poison the possibility on the part of the admin who pressured the state dept.

Does this then mean that Obama bears full responsibility for the timing of the troop withdrawal? On balance, no. He was following through on an agreement made by Bush and giving something that both the Iraqi's and Americans seemed to want.

So then.....did the withdrawal of troops lead to the rise of ISIS? The answer is not so simple, all the reports from the ground indicated things were improving.....like when Lyndon Johnson kept telling the American people this same thing....about Vietnam, but I digress...

By early 2014, al Qaeda was beginning to get a grip on Sunni areas again, including that province of Anbar. Many Sunni sheikhs said that once the Americans left, the minority Sunni population of Iraq suffered under a government dominated by the Shiite majority. That government stopped paying most of them, and even arrested many.

Oh and there was a political, as well as a military, aspect to American influence in Iraq: Obama continued to support the government even as Sunni fear and anger grew. "We were encouraged," he said in 2013, "by the work that Prime Minister Maliki has done in the past to ensure that all people inside of Iraq — Sunni, Shia and Kurd — feel that they have a voice in their government."

Annnnd..... Sunnis were drawn back to the insurgency. ISIS found supporters and gained ground much of which could have been prevented by a big U.S. troop presence. Then the Iraqi military, whcih had developed rather well, became compacent and corrupt without American military leadership heling them.

So, yes, the withdrawal of U.S. troops helped ISIS. If they'd stayed, they could have bolstered Iraq's security forces and tamped down Sunni anger.

No, Obama shouldn't shoulder the full burden for the timing of the withdrawal of troops, but he shares in it...as I stated. Yes, a significant American troop presence would have helped slow the growth of ISIS and Obama had the ability to make a difference but did not understand that environment, likely thought he was doing the right thing I guess...

We could have been full force in Iraq for another 10 years and within a month of leaving all hell would break loose. It was the wrong missions so there is no winning and we did best to cut our losses and leave.

Totally different saying that mistakes made in Iraq left a fertile breeding ground for ISIS to come about and saying Obama "founded " ISIS along with Hillary.

That is bullshiot that the typical supporter who likes Trump because he "says it like it is" will take as truth, half because they already believe things like Obama is a Muslim, and half because they are dumb as bricks.

Now let's play alternative reality:

can you imagine the rhetoric against Obama once the first US Soldier was imprisoned and/or sentenced to death because OBAMA COWTOWED TO IRAQ (BECAUSE HE'S A MUSLIM) AND SUBJECTED OUR WONDERFUL BOYS AND GIRLS TO IRAQI LAW!!!??

Can't win for losing.

Either break a pre-existing international agreement, lose the little Iraqi support we have in-country, and piss off the majority of the American people and Congress - Or have the same blowhard who said we should pull out immediately come back years later to accuse you of FOUNDING ISIS.

Regardless of how you invent revisionist history, to accuse Obama of FOUNDING ISIS is just plain stupid.

FRANK - My browser does not let me reply with quotes......but wanted to note that my postings did not support the mistaken notion that Obama created ISIS, he did not, he was merely a rung in the ladder on the way to it.....anyone else could have been in office and likely we get the same result, a result that was more or less going to happen the moment Bush made the error in judgment to invade Iraq.

The Islamic State was founded on October 13, 2006. Can we end this thread now?

Snopes? :P

FRANK - My browser does not let me reply with quotes......but wanted to note that my postings did not support the mistaken notion that Obama created ISIS, he did not, he was merely a rung in the ladder on the way to it.....anyone else could have been in office and likely we get the same result, a result that was more or less going to happen the moment Bush made the error in judgment to invade Iraq.

Donald Trump disagrees with you.

Donald Trump said Thursday that he meant exactly what he said when he called President Barack Obama the "founder of ISIS" and objected when a conservative radio show host tried to clarify the GOP nominee's position.

Trump was asked by host Hugh Hewitt about the comments Trump made Wednesday night in Florida, and Hewitt said he understood Trump to mean "that he (Obama) created the vacuum, he lost the peace."
Trump objected.
"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said. "I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton."
Hewitt pushed back again, saying that Obama is "not sympathetic" to ISIS and "hates" and is "trying to kill them."
"I don't care," Trump said, according to a show transcript. "He was the founder. His, the way he got out of Iraq was that that was the founding of ISIS, okay?"

:dunno:

• Like 1

Okay. You said his assertion, which is that Obama founded ISIS, has merit. It doesn't.

Once again, we're going to go through rounds of people explaining what he meant, instead of saying it's a ridiculous assertion that even Trump knows is bullsh1t. But since the only chance he has is a Hail Mary hope that all of these retards that eat this sh1t up show up with their guns and murder all the swing voters in the parking lot before they vote, it doesn't matter, he'll say whatever he has to to rile the jackasses up.

Whether Obama's policies bear some blame for the growth or spread of ISIS, the group already existed when he took office. There. Now can we end the thread?

He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton.

C'mon Don! You can't have two MVPs! I thought you were the law and order candidate!

Whether Obama's policies bear some blame for the growth or spread of ISIS, the group already existed when he took office. There. Now can we end the thread?

You can end it for yourself whenever you want snowflake

Yes...his assertion is without merit considering they were founded before he was in office. The facts show this is yet again another stupid thing by Trump but his supporters will eat this BS up. Because they are dumb enough to believe anything negative said about Obama.

Snopes? :P

Could be on there...but its factual. I doubt you understand those things though...because Trump said founder...and you believe him.

Donald Trump disagrees with you.

:dunno:

And people still support that lunatic.

No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS

So, they just interviewed Peter King (the fat politician, not the fat sports guy)

King refuses to back off. "Oh, sometimes you just have to use a rhetorical tool to get attention,

....But he was given a chance to walk it back and he said:

No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS

."Well, again, I see that as just a rhetorical tool to get people's attention..."

- And that's the problem. It's not just the damage Trump's doing to himself and the party, it's the longer lasting downstream damage that he's going to leave in his wake. If I were guys like King, I'd think long and hard before throwing myself on a grenade for losing cause.

The biggest damage Trump will do is just debase the whole presidential election process. We've had candidates just bald faced lie in every cycle but I really struggle to remember anyone mocking the disabled, saying sexist crap, lying every day despite near instant evidence to the contrary, and basically comforting himself with so little basic dignity and class.

I get that it's all basically a farce but the entire office and process has been utterly disgraced and I really hope this is an outlier and not what we can expect every four years going forward.