Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Oprah possibly hinted at running for POTUS

Oafra could definitely win.

Her endorsement of Obama was influential to a certain demographic. Shed likely pull more women and blacks to the polls than any candidate in history.

Of course it would be a disaster, but wed still be required to celebrate her presidency lest we be labeled racist and/or sexist.

Why would her presidency be a disaster? What would be her platform/policies?

I'm going to accept this. I just remember reading before that blacks voted more for Bill Clinton, but....okay.
But it wasn't just because he was black, I mean really.

Being black yourself, would give you more insight to the mindset of black voters so that's very easily what could have caused your opinions. Perception being reality etc, etc. I am glad you see the facts for what they are.

Here's what drives my opinion. Growing up in the city of Detroit I can remember people coming through the neighborhood offering rides to the polls for certain voters. I also specifically recall people touting "Vote The Black Ticket" with fliers, stickers, etc. I don't recall it being associated with either political party. That mindset should be and hopefully is, totally different 40 years down the road. But some of the facts say otherwise and its a two way street. I would guess that there are as many white folks that wont vote for a black candidate just because they are black as there are blacks that wont vote for a white guy because he is white.

Not just because but obviously it was a major factor. And it was the biggest demographic change in turn out this past election.

Then why wasn't Ben Carson's blackness a factor?

Or here, let me make it even easier for you, why didn't Al Sharpton, the king of all blacks, seem to get any black votes?

I'm black, you know why I voted for Obama?

Because unlike the other candidates he said he wanted to end the Iraq war and open relations with Cuba.

That was the most important thing to me, not his color.

Then why wasn't Ben Carson's blackness a factor?

Or here, let me make it even easier for you, why didn't Al Sharpton, the king of all blacks, seem to get any black votes?

Ben stated numerous times he would not change his message to court A specific group of people. Couple that with being a Republican....tough hill to climb.

I haven't looked at the numbers because I know black voting is up but I think only about 15% of black voters identify as Republicans. He didn't have a lot to work with.

I'm black, you know why I voted for Obama?

Because unlike the other candidates he said he wanted to end the Iraq war and open relations with Cuba.

That was the most important thing to me, not his color.

Two things that probably have zero bearing on your day-to-day life. I'll never understand this. Jacks up taxes screws up Healthcare things that actually are a Difference Maker in your day-to-day life are not factors but thank God we opened up communication to Cuba

but you said people voted for barack because of his color, policies shouldn't matter, right??

Two things that probably have zero bearing on your day-to-day life. I'll never understand this. Jacks up taxes screws up Healthcare things that actually are a Difference Maker in your day-to-day life are not factors but thank God we opened up communication to Cuba

The Iraq war was money pit and he was trying to offer a healthcare plan to help all Americans. It didn't turn out that well, but that is because of the opposition he faced and it was rushed through. It could've been better but individual states help muck it up.

But people who didn't have healthcare before now have it and that is a good thing.

Why didn't liberal Al Sharpton get high numbers from blacks when he ran. Isn't he the spokesperson for all black people??

The Iraq war was money pit and he was trying to offer a healthcare plan to help all Americans. It didn't turn out that well, but that is because of the opposition he faced and it was rushed through. It could've been better but individual states help muck it up.

But people who didn't have healthcare before now have it and that is a good thing.

It's crumbled and it hasn't even been there 10 years. And that's an interesting way to say other people paying for their health care.

I don't mind the idea but it needs some heavy overhaul. And now we're stuck and we have no other option but to overhaul it.

Will you frigging stop this frigging lie!!!!!!!!

Blacks came out for Bill Clinton more than Barack Obama.

It's like you refuse to stop telling this damn lie to yourselves.

Did you not witness the blacks vote Doug Jones into office??

Was he black??????!!!!!!!!!!!

We vote Democrat, DEMOCRAT, DEMOCRAT!!!!!!!!!!

You frigging hillbilly, get it through your thick skull!!!!!!!!

Heck, the only people that voted for Hillary were black people.

She is not black, fyi.

Kind of stereotyping the black race aren't you? So if the democrats know they can count your votes why do you think they have to or are doing anything for you?

Free your mind....

I agree, but the Republicans are offering zero to the poor and if there are a significant amount of blacks (22%) that are living in poverty it would be suicide to vote for policies that would harm them.

You'll have to help me understand why people in the red states that are ridiculously poor and receive the most state aid vote against what would help them.

eta,

if 80% of blacks vote democrat it's a fact not a stereotype. it doesn't mean all, but most. heck, all women don't have vaginas but most do.

I agree, but the Republicans are offering zero to the poor and if there are a significant amount of blacks (22%) that are living in poverty it would be suicide to vote for policies that would harm them.

Is your daughter rich? Didn't she just receive $1,000 compliments of the Republicans? Check with her come February when her taxes are lower too.

Is your daughter rich? Didn't she just receive $1,000 compliments of the Republicans? Check with her come February when her taxes are lower too.

Lol, yes she did.

Thanks Trump!!

eta,

My daughter asked me how much she should expect when she gets her bonus. I told her I got $50 once.

• Like 1

Lol, yes she did.

Thanks Trump!!

eta,

My daughter asked me how much she should expect when she gets her bonus. I told her I got $50 once.

I'm curious to see what I'll see after the rates take effect.

You'll have to help me understand why people in the red states that are ridiculously poor and receive the most state aid vote against what would help them.

I don't understand this statement. :dunno: States that receive the most money are the most populated. States that receive the most per capita are among the least populated. And per capita is not a real statement, because the people don't get the money, the state does and it decides how to spend it. The States that pay the most have the most people or they have industry that generates gobs of money. Nevada and New Jersey get the least per capita. Wonder why? Gambling. Generates billions in tax revenue, but Nevada and New Jersey have to get in line to receive just like everyone else. Federal Tax disbursement to States is not aid and most certainly not a red state / blue state issue.

Why would a person on welfare getting food stamps and Medicaid vote against more funding for those programs?

Why would a person on welfare getting food stamps and Medicaid vote against more funding for those programs?

To not feel like a burden on society? To strive to break the chains of economic slavery?

For the same reason rich people and corporations vote for a more progressive tax code: Out of the goodness of their hearts.

For the same reason rich people and corporations vote for a more progressive tax code: Out of the goodness of their hearts.

Let you spin it.

So you're saying the people who claim they've been ignored by the government, the working poor and those on welfare and getting food stamps, the ones who voted for Trump, the ones that didn't want more funding for the benefits that they receive are rejecting social programs for altruistic reasons?

Well, the Democrats put forth real solutions to help the poor make it through hard times and to help the young afford college.

These people, as you claim, have hearts of gold and reject Obamacare, reject the foodstamps they receive, reject the extended unemployment benefits. Instead, they vote for a man that will build a wall, throw out illegal immigrants (ignoring that he and business owners like him employ illegals). They're waiting for those coal and manufacturing jobs to return.

I call that delusional.

Let you spin it.

So you're saying the people who claim they've been ignored by the government, the working poor and those on welfare and getting food stamps, the ones who voted for Trump, the ones that didn't want more funding for the benefits that they receive are rejecting social programs for altruistic reasons?

Republicans and democrats both receive welfare. Republicans just dont like when people of color receive them.

• Like 1

Google Black vote and Marion Barry.

/Thread

I don't have to Google it, yes, that is unbelievable. Touche, good one.

Republicans just dont like when people of color receive them.

Exactly! In the media the face of welfare and food stamps is black. It's like they're cutting off benefits for the lazy people of color and living in complete denial that they are equally the face of poverty.

• Like 1

GOP should be worried. Oprah is like Trump, only black and not retarded. She should run with the Rock and win in a landslide.

this is stupid.

Exactly! In the media the face of welfare and food stamps is black. It's like they're cutting off benefits for the lazy people of color and living in complete denial that they are equally the face of poverty.

I love the fact that some of the most Pro Trump States in terms of the election also lead the nation in entitlement pay like welfare and food stamps.

Of course, they probably also lead the nation in illiteracy and fervent belief in televangelists.

I love the fact that some of the most Pro Trump States in terms of the election also lead the nation in entitlement pay like welfare and food stamps.

Of course, they probably also lead the nation in illiteracy and fervent belief in televangelists.

Be hknest wiff; Trump is your religion now.