Sign in to follow this  
SenatorRock

What was the greatest day of your life: survey

Greatest day (no births or weddings)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What was the greatest day of your life, not counting births and weddings?

• Favorite team won national championshiop
    • Threw a game winning touchdown/ home run / free throw / etc
    • Saved someone's life
    • Got your GED
    • Ran a marathon / climbed a mountain / won a gold metal / etc
    • Obama winning election 2008
    • Trump winning election 2016
    • Other

I saw this video today and it brought back a flood of emotion and memories of the greatest day in my life so far.

What has been the greatest day in your life so far? Something personal? An achievement? A sacrifice? First black president? First orange president? An adventure? Kinky sex marathon?

(purposely left off wedding day and births of children so that nobody feels guilty picking something else)

What about that day made it so special?

I would have to say the day my daughter was born. It wasn't just that singular day but that moment in time becoming a parent. It felt as if someone had deposited 20 million dollars in my bank account. Just an awesome feeling.

• Like 3

Tie between the day I got out of the Army and the day I divorced my first wife. In both cases, I was walking on clouds in elation for two weeks after.

• Like 1

The day a presidential election ranks as the best day of my life is the day I realize I've had no life

• Like 1

Tie between the day I got out of the Army and the day I divorced my first wife. I was walking on clouds in elation for two weeks after.

Here's hoping you make many more bad decisions that you subsequently get out of. :cheers:

• Like 1

The day a presidential election ranks as the best day of my life is the day I realize I've had no life

A

Focking

Men.

Here's hoping you make many more bad decisions that you subsequently get out of. :cheers:

The only potential hazard on the horizon is my kids schooling. We're set up nice over here and I'd hate to blow it up. But fock all if Chinese junior high/high school isn't focking torture. I don't want my kids to go through it.

If Having some reality celebrity blowhard that most people in the world hate is the best day, thats really sad. He makes zero difference in your life most likely.

In the spirit of the thread I voted "home run". When I was 13-ish I was a pretty good baseball player, but the general population in our Jr. HS didn't know it. As such when we played softball at gym, I was picked in the second half of players. Then I hit a game-winning HR in a teener league game, and for reasons I don't recall, everyone heard about it. The next gym class I was the 3rd kid picked.

I had an interesting childhood in that I was a good but not great athlete, and I was small and generally known for my brains more than my brawn. To be accepted as a "normal" athletic kid, for a kid like me, was awesome. :cheers:

• Like 2

Tie between the day I got out of the Army and the day I divorced my first wife. In both cases, I was walking on clouds in elation for two weeks after.

Yeah D-Day (divorce) is pretty great. I've never been in the military but I've been to the war that they santitize by calling it "marriage." The horror. The horror.

This.

I'd say that he's just trolling but with the way this place is with politics I wouldn't be focking surprised.

I love my wife, I love my daughter's... I didn't cry when I married or when my girls were born....

I cried like a baby when the Cubs won the world series. In 24 hours I was at game 6 in Cleveland, home for game 7.

Everyone in the house went to bed so just got to take it all in.

Thought about my dad and grandparents...none got to see it. Pretty special.

• Like 2

I would have to say coming home from Afghanistan the last time. My company paid me a lot of money to go and I ended up spending more than 2 years there (with a one year break in the middle). I ended up in Dubai, waiting for my flight to the US. I remember sitting at the Irish pub in the airport, having my first beer in months, going home to my wife, and knowing I'm never going back. Just a surreal feeling.

• Like 1

In the spirit of the thread I voted "home run". When I was 13-ish I was a pretty good baseball player, but the general population in our Jr. HS didn't know it. As such when we played softball at gym, I was picked in the second half of players. Then I hit a game-winning HR in a teener league game, and for reasons I don't recall, everyone heard about it. The next gym class I was the 3rd kid picked.

I had an interesting childhood in that I was a good but not great athlete, and I was small and generally known for my brains more than my brawn. To be accepted as a "normal" athletic kid, for a kid like me, was awesome. :cheers:

Mine as well,Best 3 of 5 in Pony League All-Star Championship we're in game 5 bottom of the 7th down 6-5 and two outs and I hit a walk off homer to advance our team to the next round.Sh!t really got real when at the team banquet I was called up front and presented the ball(someone had retrieved it) full of my teamates signatures sitting in a gold glove trophy.

I love my wife, I love my daughter's... I didn't cry when I married or when my girls were born....

I cried like a baby when the Cubs won the world series. In 24 hours I was at game 6 in Cleveland, home for game 7.

Everyone in the house went to bed so just got to take it all in.

Thought about my dad and grandparents...none got to see it. Pretty special.

:thumbsup: One of my firework employees broke down and cried like a baby that night as her Grandfather had been a diehard his entire life and never got to see a Championship either.

other.... easily either wedding or birth of my daughter

next tier is when my daughter starts to enjoy things i enjoy at a high level (skiing, lacrosse, cooking, etc)

next tier team championships, personal accomplishments, etc

I'm 14 and my mother and father are fighting again... y'know, because she caught him again. Caught him... This time the girl drove by the house to pick him up. And I finally realized, he wasn't just cheating on my mother, he was cheating us. So I told him, I said, "You're bad to us. We don't love you. I'll take care of my mother and my sister. We don't need you any more." And he made like he was gonna hit me, but I didn't budge. And he turned around and he left. He never bothered us again. Well, I took care of my mother and my sister from that day on. That's my best day.

I'm sorry that happened to your family, but that is a focking awesome moment. :cheers:

:thumbsup: One of my firework employees broke down and cried like a baby that night as her Grandfather had been a diehard his entire life and never got to see a Championship either.

Its something man....gets me just thinking about it. Its like us long time fans have carried the torch for generations of family cub fans.

The road to get there sucked....but appreciate it more than if i was some jackwagon yankee fan.

I'm sorry that happened to your family, but that is a focking awesome moment. :cheers:

Now I feel bad, that's a quote from a movie.

What was the worst day of your life: survey

skids - That day Mike Honcho tricked me in the greatest day of your life thread. :mad:

• Like 1

What was the worst day of your life: survey

skids - That day Mike Honcho tricked me in the greatest day of your life thread. :mad:

Aye carumba :doh: :lol:

honcho christmas:

You know what I got for Christmas? Oh, it was a banner year at the old honcho family. I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said, "Hey, smoke up Mike." All right? So go home and cry to your Daddy. Don't cry here, okay?

My father was an alcoholic. Mean fuckin' drunk. He'd come home hammered, looking to whale on somebody. So I'd provoke him, so he wouldn't go after my mother and little brother. Interesting nights were when he wore his rings. He used to just put a belt, a stick, and a wrench on the table. Just say, "Choose."I used to go with the wrench. Cause him, that's why.

hey mike. it's not your fault

• Like 1

Not quite sure how to anwser this, so i'll go with Skids version...

First time I landed a 6' air over the coping on a halfpipe.

Been trying for for at least a month...Could totally get that high, but never had the sack to try and land it.

fwiw, kneepads only. No Pro-tec helmet. Which was kinda dumb

Not quite sure how to anwser this, so i'll go with Skids version...

First time I landed a 6' air over the coping on a halfpipe.

Been trying for for at least a month...Could totally get that high, but never had the sack to try and land it.

fwiw, kneepads only. No Pro-tec helmet. Which was kinda dumb

its hard to believe you can't get laid. :(

The day my birth mother gave me up for adoption and My adoptive parents signed on to me. My identity changed the day they did. My existence and life did as well.

• Like 1

its hard to believe you can't get laid. :(

"Choose not to anymore" would be the correct verbage, sir.

"Choose not to anymore" would be the correct verbage, sir.

how monastic of you

I was into nerd stuff like video games, magic, comic books etc... So I hung out with that crowd in high school. But I was also a pretty good athlete. Catcher and SS on the baseball team, captain of the swim team and made the Tennis team, but didn't play. I also played a lot of pick up basketball and football.

I switched schools in 10th grade. So here comes gym class and I was always near the last picked. To be fair I was a skinny kid in glasses and nobody knew me. The thing is my teams always won because I was actually pretty good at sports.

Anyway your story reminded me of high school.

ETA - This story does not reflect the best day of my life.

Winning the sharktooth superbowl contest!!

That was an awesome day for a lot of peoples. Except Pats fans.

Maybe not my best but a most memorable day. I was 8 or 10 or something. We went to my Aunts/Uncles for Christmas Eve like always. My parents bought me my first stereo as a gift and I opened it there. It was more like a record player with a radio, cassette and two speakers. Not great sound but I was floored. I never asked for one because I thought they were like a million bucks. I realized I could record songs off the radio and buy records like all my older cousins did. I remember doing an interview of everyone there on tape. My Mother still has that cassette somewhere. Probably my best gift ever. That and my second wedding day (in case anyone oversees this).

The day my son was cut out of his mother's stomach

ended 30 hours of her trying to give birth.

The poor thing.