Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

"Time for the Electoral College to Fall on its Sword"

Never wrong? Didn't he say Trump wouldn't win Wisconsin? Pennsylvania? Michigan? Or something like that.

Oh, he's actually wrong a lot. Just try and get him to admit it. He'd rather grab low hanging fruit and call the oposistion names and think he's having a discussion. It's all he's shown to be capable of. No substantive thought whatsoever.

BS. This wasn't an issue until Hitlery choked the election. No reason for us to get past anything until you acknowledge that. Or else show me the previous threads on this. Because the only other thread I've seen lately was the one people bumped where you said Trump was toast before the election. I'd like to see the one where you lament the outdatedness of the electoral college.

4yrs ago, Trump was calling for a revolution because the electoral college gave the Presidency to Obama over Romney. New issue?

4yrs ago, Trump was calling for a revolution because the electoral college gave the Presidency to Obama over Romney. New issue?

I have no idea. I don't follow Trump nor do I care what he thinks. This is a thread on a low rent message board so we're discussing it amongst ourselves. And the libs only brought this issue up after their anointed one choked.

I have no idea. I don't follow Trump nor do I care what he thinks. This is a thread on a low rent message board so we're discussing it amongst ourselves. And the libs only brought this issue up after their anointed one choked.

That's true. Then, it was the other side crying after their annointed one choked.

That's true. Then, it was the other side crying after their annointed one choked.

Clinton is the first candidate I've ever seen that could be truly called anointed. I mean, her own party actively worked to undermine her competitor within the party. I don't think that has ever happened before.

• Like 1

Clinton is the first candidate I've ever seen that could be truly called anointed. I mean, her own party actively worked to undermine her competitor within the party. I don't think that has ever happened before.

And that's the person they are crying about. What's wrong with those people? They act like the missed out on JFK.

Those pesky Russians and interfering FBI operatives!

The EC worked just fine electing a black man to the office the past 8 years. So I'm not sure it really needs reworking just because an orange man was elected.

Fact is Hilary couldn't deliver Dem strongholds in the Rust Belt. Her "message" didn't resonate there. Trump's did. Pretty easy equation to solve.

And the last two successful Dem Presidential candidates were very, very good on the campaign trail. They were engaging and charismatic. Gore, Kerry, Hilary? Not even close. I think that has more to do with it than the system we currently have in place.

Thank You. Good Post.

Look, I'm all for changing rules. But this all the sudden wanting to change the rules after you lose (finally) reeks of sour grapes.

It's shameful.

:doh:

Did anyone else see the video from the C- actors asking the electors to vote Hillary?

Did anyone else see the video from the C- actors asking the electors to vote Hillary?

Saw the thread it's in, even.

Blah blah blah..,you keep trying kid. Maybe one day you will get there.

If that's all you've got, you may just want to tap out.

If that's all you've got, you may just want to tap out.

There isn't much else to say to strike given his bogus positions on this. (And Russia)

He can be told over and over it has nothing to do with Hillary losing and Trump winning but that's not good enough. So why respond with anything else?

Better than a bunch of BFE bible belt welfare states, that contribute absolutely zero to GDP.

This statement alone proves how ignorant you are. Two of the biggest welfare states are CA and NY.

And the biggest welfare drains in the south are ministries. Whites in the south are what keep the economy rolling down here.

Come spend a day with me. I'll show you things your eyes have never seen and your brain will become attuned too.

Bill Clinton signed the welfare act in 1996. You know why??? He wouldn't have been reflected had he not. Hard working people were sick of tax dollars going to those on the gov dime. When like you credit him for turning the economy around and balancing the budget, you always seem to leave that simple fact out.

This statement alone proves how ignorant you are. Two of the biggest welfare states are CA and NY.

And the biggest welfare drains in the south are ministries. Whites in the south are what keep the economy rolling down here.

Come spend a day with me. I'll show you things your eyes have never seen and your brain will become attuned too.

Bill Clinton signed the welfare act in 1996. You know why??? He wouldn't have been reflected had he not. Hard working people were sick of tax dollars going to those on the gov dime. When ###### like you credit him for turning the economy around and balancing the budget, you always seem to leave that simple fact out.

We've all realized mobb is a complete idiot who has no clue about anything. This thread further proves my point

Blah blah blah..,you keep trying kid. Maybe one day you will get there.

Wow, way to throw the gun. You know we are all laughing at you, right? :(

Isn't that an every day occurrence?

We all = you, RP, drobeski and the other right hacks...I can live with that. And strike there the gun long ago.

We all = you, RP, drobeski and the other right hacks...I can live with that. And strike there the gun long ago.

I don't laugh at everything you say. Sometimes you have a point. But you never give ground, and you call everyone idiots right off the bat.

So are you going to show us your previous comments about the outdatedness of the Electoral College like Strike requested, Mr. Independent libertarian? I thought not.

So are you going to show us your previous comments about the outdatedness of the Electoral College like Strike requested, Mr. Independent libertarian? I thought not.

Irrelevant really. Does not disprove the notion that this (like thinking the Russian hacking) is not about Trump and Hillary.

Ive said numerous times the election should stand but these things should be looked into.

Its not a hard concept.

I, for one cringe at the thought of the areas with so much urban blight speaking for the rest of the country if we went to a Popular Vote wins determinant. The areas with the highest concentrations of those who contribute nothing to the tax base (homeless, welfare, etc....).

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."

I, for one cringe at the thought of the areas with so much urban blight speaking for the rest of the country if we went to a Popular Vote wins determinant. The areas with the highest concentrations of those who contribute nothing to the tax base (homeless, welfare, etc....).

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."

Thats the democratic strategy... Create a sufficiently large permanent underclass who's sustainence is tied to keeping D in power.

You heard it all election season that republicans would never win another POTUS election. Thats the end game. The electoral college is a buffer that spreads the power across the country rather than candidates just appealing to large coastal population centers

• Like 1

Bill Clinton signed the welfare act in 1996. You know why??? He wouldn't have been reflected had he not. Hard working people were sick of tax dollars going to those on the gov dime. When ###### like you credit him for turning the economy around and balancing the budget, you always seem to leave that simple fact out.

http://taxfoundation.org/blog/which-states-rely-most-federal-aid-0

Mississippi, for instance, relied on federal assistance for 42.9 percent of its revenue in FY 2013, the largest share in the country. Also on the high end are Louisiana (41.9 percent), Tennessee (39.5 percent), South Dakota (39.0 percent), and Missouri (38.2 percent).

Apples/oranges in % of revenue vs gross receipts. Arguing different things

Sure...I also cringe looking at statistics and seeing that some smaller states a vote ends up counting more than a vote in larger states (again...when broken down by numbers).

Why is any one vote more important than another?

http://taxfoundation.org/blog/which-states-rely-most-federal-aid-0

Mississippi, for instance, relied on federal assistance for 42.9 percent of its revenue in FY 2013, the largest share in the country. Also on the high end are Louisiana (41.9 percent), Tennessee (39.5 percent), South Dakota (39.0 percent), and Missouri (38.2 percent).

Federal Assistance is only Welfare? I don't think so..........

You have to be kidding.

Its not...just as getting to the bottom of the Russian Hacking is not about Hillary.

She lost...that is clear. Are there people that want to make it so Hillary takes over...sure.

But plenty that have questions about the EC are not doing so out of any want for Hillary.

Sure...I also cringe looking at statistics and seeing that some smaller states a vote ends up counting more than a vote in larger states (again...when broken down by numbers).

Why is any one vote more important than another?

Those states where there's less people have less Electoral Votes so it's as fair as it can be. HTH..........

Those states where there's less people have less Electoral Votes so it's as fair as it can be. HTH..........

You need to look at the statistics a little better. The proportions are pretty bad when votes per EC actually are calculated.

Ok whoever says the EC needs to be removed is a focking retard. If you need to know why you're a focking retard how about go back to 5th grade. Obvious your dumbasses are stupid and don't know how our government works. HC lost. Get the fock over it and win the next election.

Ok whoever says the EC needs to be removed is a focking retard. If you need to know why you're a focking retard how about go back to 5th grade. Obvious your dumbasses are stupid and don't know how our government works. HC lost. Get the fock over it and win the next election.

So...you are calling the President Elect a retard?

You obviously have zero clue how anything in the world works.

And again...how many times do people have to say we know Hillary lost and deserved to lose? You are focking dense mother fockers.

So...you are calling the President Elect a retard?

You obviously have zero clue how anything in the world works.

And again...how many times do people have to say we know Hillary lost and deserved to lose? You are focking dense mother fockers.

I know how the government works unlike your dumbass does. And yes I never said Trump was a good candidate. I said he was a BETTER candidate than Hillary. Your dumbass doesn't know how the world works if you're sitting here complaining about the EC and saying it needs to be abolished

To be fair, I laugh at a lot of posters here. :lol:

You need to look at the statistics a little better. The proportions are pretty bad when votes per EC actually are calculated.

As fair as it can be. Just because urban areas can breed unchecked doesn't mean they deserve more say in how the nation is run. All states should have a fair voice in how the Federal Govt. is run.

1. The electoral college isn't going to be removed

2. Democrats....umm...you actually better hope it doesn't. You'll never win the presidency again if reps can just focus on big cities while they will guarantee carry the rural states already.

How is this at 3 pages?

I know how the government works unlike your dumbass does. And yes I never said Trump was a good candidate. I said he was a BETTER candidate than Hillary. Your dumbass doesn't know how the world works if you're sitting here complaining about the EC and saying it needs to be abolished

Ive read your posts...you don't comprehend son.

Trump was against the EC dumbass...so basically you think he is a retard.

As fair as it can be. Just because urban areas can breed unchecked doesn't mean they deserve more say in how the nation is run. All states should have a fair voice in how the Federal Govt. is run.

Exactly. Irresponsible breeders are going to call the shots now? I don't think so. Suburbanites like Slownuff have no idea what the inner city is like. Or its inhabitants. I'd rather the country cease to exist than having those people calling all the shots.
  • Like 1

Nailed it