• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#281 cbfalcon

cbfalcon

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,102 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:22 AM

I was playing till dark y-day, didn't see the ending........ Did Bubba cry again in front of a camera?

Really? We were out at Southern Oaks. Teed off at 10am and had to quit at the turn due to rain and wind. We waited it out for about an hour, but the radar looked like we were in trouble for another 2-3 hours.

I was playing well. I shot a 39 on the front with two 3 putts in which I left lags about 8 feet short.

I like steak

#282 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 42,525 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:30 AM

Really? We were out at Southern Oaks. Teed off at 10am and had to quit at the turn due to rain and wind. We waited it out for about an hour, but the radar looked like we were in trouble for another 2-3 hours.

I was playing well. I shot a 39 on the front with two 3 putts in which I left lags about 8 feet short.

Yea - was long day of hit and miss.

We teed off at 9:30 a.m., made it all the way thru 13 - then it came down... We headed in for about 2 hours of poker, then went back out........ Once we went back out, it was perfect. We played 18 more... I got a new 3-wood and SW, so I was eager to get some work in.

#283 Fumbleweed

Fumbleweed

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,023 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:58 AM

So, if my math is correct, standings should look like this through two events:

1. Pat- 11 points

2t. WW- 7 points

2t. Nuggs- 7 points

4t. Edro- 5 points

4t. Fumble- 5 points

6. KSB- 4 points

7. CBF- 3 points

8. Dain- 2 points

9t. Cruzer- 0 points

9t. LOD- 0 points 

"Happiness begins when selfishness ends"- John Wooden

#284 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 42,525 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:07 AM

So, if my math is correct, standings should look like this through two events:

1. Pat- 11 points
2t. WW- 7 points
2t. Nuggs- 7 points
4t. Edro- 5 points
4t. Fumble- 5 points
6. KSB- 4 points
7. CBF- 3 points
8. Dain- 2 points
9t. Cruzer- 0 points
9t. LOD- 0 points 

As the great John Winger said, "I'm pacing myself Sergeant."   :bench:

#285 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 120,596 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:07 AM

:D

Want to do a head to head?

1st round  $5 - Winnah Ed

2nd round $5 Winnah Ed

3rd round $10 Winnah Ed

4th round $10 Winnah Ed

Final $20 - Winnah Ed

Can lose 50 at the most.

Does anyone have a broom?

#286 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 120,596 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:09 AM

Final Standings

1. Pat    -27   (-12,-8,-7) .......... $140.......7 edex pts

2. Edjr   -20   (-10,-8,-2)............$60.........5 edex pts

3. fumb -18   (-9,-7,-2)..............................4 edex pts

4. CBF  -16   (-8,-4,-4)..............................3 edex pts

5. Nuggs -10 (-7,-4,+1).............................2 edex pts

6. KSB   -7    (-6,-1,E)...............................1 edex pt

7. Dain   -6    (-3,-3,E)

8. WW   -5    (-2,-2,-1)

9. Cruz +2    (-7,-1,+10)

10 LOD   MC

pat paid

LOD is not eligible for Edex Cup

#287 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 24,882 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

pat paid

LOD is not eligible for Edex Cup

I think we need to make a mental note of this for future seasons. LOD paid to be in the edex for the first event, didn't fair well, then missed the start if the draft and decided to get in for regular cost and you refunded his edex amount. Which is perfectly fine but I think going forward, if you choose to throw in for the edex, and then change your mind, you don't get your edex money back. And if you miss an event but still wish to be edex eligible, you need to be current with all 5 dollar edex payments even for events you missed.

What's to stop someone from winning 4 events, being a virtual lock for the edex and vanishing for the last, let's say 2 events, knowing they have that edex payday..... or what's to stop someone from wanting to be in the edex but realizing they got off to a poor start and then bowing out to get their $$ back.

Not saying that happened or that we really need to worry about it with our little group here.... Just spitballing

Stuck in the process.....

#288 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 120,596 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:34 AM

I think we need to make a mental note of this for future seasons. LOD paid to be in the edex for the first event, didn't fair well, then missed the start if the draft and decided to get in for regular cost and you refunded his edex amount. Which is perfectly fine but I think going forward, if you choose to throw in for the edex, and then change your mind, you don't get your edex money back. And if you miss an event but still wish to be edex eligible, you need to be current with all 5 dollar edex payments even for events you missed.

What's to stop someone from winning 4 events, being a virtual lock for the edex and vanishing for the last, let's say 2 events, knowing they have that edex payday..... or what's to stop someone from wanting to be in the edex but realizing they got off to a poor start and then bowing out to get their $$ back.

Not saying that happened or that we really need to worry about it with our little group here.... Just spitballing

I get what you're saying. I dont think he was really invested anyway, as he was around the morning of the draft, but didn't seem to care.

If any of our regular core did this, it would be an issue.

#289 LOD01

LOD01

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:34 AM

I agree and if you want to keep that $5, I'm willing to pay an extra $5 next tourney 9since you gave it back and I only paid $15 for this past one). I just can't commit to it because I may even miss a tourney.

FBG is a shithole.

Sho Nuff, on 29 Jun 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:snapback.png

Right got now...yes, I donsode more with the right than left.

#290 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 24,882 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:43 AM

I agree and if you want to keep that $5, I'm willing to pay an extra $5 next tourney 9since you gave it back and I only paid $15 for this past one). I just can't commit to it because I may even miss a tourney.

Nah man its all good. That was Eds call and no one batted an eye. I also.don't want to make this too serious, just wanted Ed to keep an eye on it for future years.

Mostly because some people prepay a whole season and some dont, but we all have to possibility of missing an event or being late and skipped.

If I missed a draft I would pick 6 at the end but I'd still expect to owe for the edex.

I think with the season long aspect, you're either all the way in or all the way out. Can't be just the tip :P

Stuck in the process.....

#291 DankNuggs

DankNuggs

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,619 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:06 PM

It really all boils down to the individuals fear of greatness

Bruins > Habs

Spending cuts without any tax hike concessions are immoral

#292 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 42,525 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

It really all boils down to the individuals fear of greatness

Fock that - I'm still blaming Jason Garrett. :mad:

#293 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 120,596 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

Nah man its all good. That was Eds call and no one batted an eye. I also.don't want to make this too serious, just wanted Ed to keep an eye on it for future years.

Mostly because some people prepay a whole season and some dont, but we all have to possibility of missing an event or being late and skipped.

If I missed a draft I would pick 6 at the end but I'd still expect to owe for the edex.

I think with the season long aspect, you're either all the way in or all the way out. Can't be just the tip :P

Unless it's too big

#294 patweisers44

patweisers44

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,928 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:36 PM

Cruz pays off our side bet in a big way, a solid purple TCU golf shirt. First focker that calls me Barney when i wear it gets junkpunched. :thumbsup:
To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

#295 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 42,525 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

Cruz pays off our side bet in a big way, a solid purple TCU golf shirt. First focker that calls me Barney when i wear it gets junkpunched. :thumbsup:

I was hoping you'd like. :thumbsup:

#296 dain11279

dain11279

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,039 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:56 PM

:thumbsup:

Ill be honest, the T-shirt I got you cost me 7 bucks :lol:

This thread is gayer than my dad.

#297 patweisers44

patweisers44

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,928 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:22 AM

:thumbsup:

Ill be honest, the T-shirt I got you cost me 7 bucks :lol:

To paraphrase Fast Eddie Felson:

Shirts won are ten times sweeter than shirts bought.
To be the man, you gotta beat the man.