Sign in to follow this  
wild_and_crazy_guy

Andrew Luck - What are owners expecting?

Please understand, I was a huge Andrew Luck fan, and truly hope that he can regain full health.

But IMHO from a fantasy football perspective, he is not even close to being fantasy football relevant. I don't get these FFL articles tracking his daily progress...reporting how he is now able to "throw with no pain" or "walk across the room without assistance". Are there FFL owners who are actually counting on him for their 2018 season? If and when he ever does come back, I will need to see him perform at a high level before I would ever trust him. What are your expectations of Andrew Luck?

My take is that noone knows if he is fully healthy or not, including Luck himself, but if he is now or will be by season start, he's the man.

Like you said, he’s a wait and see situation.

• Like 1

As a rule, I don't have a DND list. I do have a "DND anywhere near his ADP" list.

And Luck would have to fall, fall, fall for me to take a chance on him.

If he has a decent preseason, I am all over him and Hilton in the 9th and 5th rounds respectively. Anyone think Hilton would go earlier than the 5th?

I hope so.

I'd be interested to read a thread about where to draft Peyton Manning prior to the 2012 season.

I know their two different situations but they're somewhat similar.

So many good QB options I don't see a reason to potentially waste a mid round pick on him. He's a dart throw at this point that's going way too high for me to throw that dart.

So many good QB options I don't see a reason to potentially waste a mid round pick on him. He's a dart throw at this point that's going way too high for me to throw that dart.

Precisely why he's a DND for me. He'll never fall far enough for me to justify the risk

If he doesn't have any setbacks going foward and is playing some in the preseason, he would be a good late round pick as your backup QB.

If you pair him with Rodgers, Watson, or Russell Wilson and Luck gets off to a hot start, you have instant trade capital.

I wouldn't put any trust in him as of now.

If he falls late in the draft he's worth a flier.

1 John 5:14-15.

Problem is if he looks great during the preseason he won’t be cheap.

I’m not so sure if I can draft him this season or not, he’s a tough one for me too rank.

Thanks.

I expect his arm to fall off. Some wr is gonna catch a ball with the hand still attached

If he has a decent preseason, I am all over him and Hilton in the 9th and 5th rounds respectively. Anyone think Hilton would go earlier than the 5th?

Hilton ADP is already mid 3rd in a 12 team ppr. I have no reservations taking him at the 2/3 turn in a similar setup. I’d rather have Hilton than Hill, Thielen, or Diggs.

Hilton ADP is already mid 3rd in a 12 team ppr. I have no reservations taking him at the 2/3 turn in a similar setup. Id rather have Hilton than Hill, Thielen, or Diggs.

Wow. I did not know he was going so early.

Could easily be a top 5 QB but obviously theres risk. Strong candidate to be overdrafted if he shows well in preseason.

Yeah if you want Luck on a team this year and not pay out the wazoo i feel like a best ball league drafting now will be the cheapest you find him moving forward.

Owners of NFL teams will continue to reap the rewards from paying their players a pittance and stuffing their pockets with the season ticket holders $

Owners of NFL teams will continue to reap the rewards from paying their players a pittance and stuffing their pockets with the season ticket holders $

Go ahead and start a business and be responsible for once. You think owning a business is happy slappy joy land with no responsibility financially or in any other way. And players can go out on Sundays and suck and still get paid. I wonder if you have ever complained about a player who sucked before. My guess is yes you did.

Owners are responsible for way more than you could know or care to express.