Sign in to follow this  
porkbutt

shitt;est song ive heard in a while...

"lightning, thunder, thunder thunder, lightning and the thunder."

who focking wrote this steaming pile of steaming !????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Garbage.

The song, not the band.

Agree. Some Imagine Dragon tunes are pretty good. Believer is decent. Radioactive is good. All of them have that poppy catch phrase thing going on though. Definitely a band with a formula.

I dig that song, gets the boys hype before their basketball game. Good band, several good songs.

Weezer has a jawdroppingly sh!tty song out now. Some hiphop dance whateverthefock amalgam of sh!t. I heard it on the radio driving home from work a few weeks ago, and nearly drove off the road. I listened to the whole song just to torture myself, but I never want to hear it again.

To think, twenty years ago they were one of my favorite bands.

Weezer has a jawdroppingly sh!tty song out now. Some hiphop dance whateverthefock amalgam of sh!t. I heard it on the radio driving home from work a few weeks ago, and nearly drove off the road. I listened to the whole song just to torture myself, but I never want to hear it again.

I stumbled across this old article recently. Thought it was pretty accurate for me,

http://www.nme.com/news/music/various-artists-1084-1208596

Ajay Kalia of the website Skynet & Ebert conducted the survey using data from US Spotify listeners, as well as that of research company The Echo Nest.

Kalia’s results found that people, on average, stopped listening to new music at the age of 33. He writes, “While teens’ music taste is dominated by incredibly popular music, this proportion drops steadily through peoples’ 20s, before their tastes ‘mature’ in their early 30s,” continuing, “Until their early 30s, mainstream music represents a smaller and smaller proportion of their streaming. And for the average listener, by their mid-30s, their tastes have matured, and they are who they’re going to be.”

The study also shows that there’s a slight gender gap at play (“Women show a slow and steady decline in pop music listening from 13-49, while men drop precipitously starting from their teens until their early 30s, at which point they encounter the ‘lock-in’ effect”), also stating that becoming a parent “has an equivalent impact on your ‘music relevancy’ as aging about 4 years”.

Kalia attempts to explain the tendency to gravitate towards less mainstream, non-current music, writing, “Two factors drive this transition away from popular music. First, listeners discover less-familiar music genres that they didn’t hear on FM radio as early teens, from artists with a lower popularity rank. Second, listeners are returning to the music that was popular when they were coming of age – but which has since phased out of popularity.”

I stumbled across this old article recently. Thought it was pretty accurate for me,

Interesting...I wouldnt say I totally stopped listening to new artists around that age, but music definitely got less important to me around my mid-30s. I stopped defining myself or other people based on musical tastes, stopped needing to listen music during quiet times around the house, stopped caring about trends in music, and just concentrated on what I liked. I guess I stopped singing tunes out loud around the house about that time, too. In my 20s, it was just a constant barrage of tunes both in my head and externally.

I dig that song, gets the boys hype before their basketball game. Good band, several good songs.

ur dead to me. that song is an anthem for all that is wrong with the world.

imagine dragons vs twenty one pilots for most awful band ever assembled would be a great match. geeeezus... play one of their songs and then listen to something like zep heartbreaker. god what happened to humanity :cry:

I like the band, but hate the song. Have to change the radio station when they play it, which seems like every 30 minutes.

Agree. Some Imagine Dragon tunes are pretty good. Believer is decent. Radioactive is good. All of them have that poppy catch phrase thing going on though. Definitely a band with a formula.

I like those two songs. And I love not today, its time, and demons.

But yeah. Swing and a bad miss on thunder. That is garbage.

Can't stand them :thumbsdown:

I stopped listening to new music when I discovered classic rock (around 12).

I stopped listening to new music when I discovered classic rock (around 12).

Steel Panther plays classic rock. Give them a shot :thumbsup:

Aluminum lion > steel panther

Titanium Tiger >>>>> Aluminum lion

For me it was even faster. I went into the Army at 17 in 1989 and missed the second half of the year in basic and AIT then got sent to Germany (and the Gulf War) for 2 1/2 years. I came back to the US in 1992 and thought music was total sh*t. I wasn't even 21.

The rest of the 90s sucked, I ony listened to classic rock music on the radio. Then in 2001, I came to China for sixteen years and haven't bothered with any new bands in all that time.

I say I live in a cultural bubble to the US in 2001, in regards to music though it goes to straight back to 1989. Prior to joining the Army, everything was great.

sorry but I win

No you don't. You lose. I'd much rather listen to somebody talk about a rap song than actually listen to a rap song.

No you don't. You lose. I'd much rather listen to somebody talk about a rap song than actually listen to a rap song.

Exactly. Rap is shite.

You're still in China, Voltaire? What do you do over there? I'm intrigued.

Oh did I quote the wrong thing? I thought I was posting the song

The song is so bad that you did a hit and run youtube search without listening to five seconds of it to be sure you had the right thing. :lol:

There's ten second sample clip halfway through so the pain ended quickly enough on it's own.

i found it...holy sh;t it's worse than i thought...

:cry: :cry:

I just heard it today for the first time. :wall: :wall: :wall:

I can see what one of the donks here meant about "The formula" they use.

Meh...I hate it, but music is subjective, so whatever.

Exactly. Rap is shite.

You're still in China, Voltaire? What do you do over there? I'm intrigued.

I teach English. For a long while, like ten years, it was mostly at the Kindergarten level but for the last 15 months it's been working for myself again in a private Engish training school again, sightly older and some adults and high school level. I work evenings ThF and weekends and have MTuW off.

I'd been off and on working for myself, it's on again now since I learned from some mistakes and I've got a better partnership arrangement than I've had in the past.

I live a middle class life. My kids are a lot better off than I was when I was young, taking part in activities, and going on vacations, and having the good that other kids have.

It doesnt help that the radio stations overplay the sh1t out of the song either

If that comes over the radio, you're tuned in to the wrong station.

If that comes over the radio, you're tuned in to the wrong station.

I listen to multiple stations. A couple of them are mix stations. When it comes on I change it

I listen to multiple stations. A couple of them are mix stations. When it comes on I change it

This. :thumbsup:

Sorry, but are the boys, the ghey?

Hyped for a game...that song? What?

Hard to believe it's the same band indeed. :cry:

This.

two years ago....I was intrigued. Then it was evident they were a pop band, with a formula to chase the record sales. Sorta like a boy band. Just a n a different genre.

I gave up on new music at about 25 years old. I dont understand any of it in any of the genres.

Don't be 'that guy'

Tons of great music still being made today

Don't be 'that guy'

Tons of great music still being made today

Agreed. Its just not the mainstream and requires a little effort to find.

I miss actual music stores. That used to be my hobby back in the day in Nashville. Id spend hours at tower records listening to new stuff, deciding what I wanted to buy.

And Id spend hours on end on the weekend crawling through the dozens of used CD places, looking for a find.

I guess digital killed all that.

Agreed. Its just not the mainstream and requires a little effort to find.

I miss actual music stores. That used to be my hobby back in the day in Nashville. Id spend hours at tower records listening to new stuff, deciding what I wanted to buy.

Thats the point. Back when I was 16 it was some what fun and a lot of music was "new" to me.

Today, I dont have the time to look for an even smaller fraction of good music. Nor is it fun anymore.

Maybe I dont like music as much as most my age. At age 14-21 music seemed to frequent every situation. All the time you had to sit around and hang out with friends with music on. Now what? In the car on the way to work?

OP song > that Black Eyed Peas 'song' where they shout out part of the alphabet several times.

basically every song released this Century

:thumbsup:

Finding myself volitionally listening to this right now...my head is pretty congested :unsure:

Neice and nephew (3 and under) love this.

I think most of the songs Weezwr has created, save for a few good hits, are jawdroppingly putrid