Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

What happened to the Jacksonville defense?

Jimmy G happened.

Jax defense is overrated. They probably have the easiest schedule in the nfl and I think most of the qbs they have faced were back ups or bums.

Big Bad Jax no more. I can’t wait to see Bill Belicheck and Co pick them apart much like what Jimmy G and Co did today. Oh, and what a bunch of babies they are too when things don’t go their way.

But I do like Keelan Cole.

They took Christmas Eve off.

Jimmy G happened.

Jax defense is overrated. They probably have the easiest schedule in the nfl and I think most of the qbs they have faced were back ups or bums.

Big Bad Jax no more. I cant wait to see Bill Belicheck and Co pick them apart much like what Jimmy G and Co did today. Oh, and what a bunch of babies they are too when things dont go their way.

But I do like Keelan Cole.

They scored 35 points in my league against Pittsburgh. Almost 19 against Seattle. 34 against Houston with Watson.

Traveling across the country doesn't help either. But they did shoot themselves in the foot constantly with penalties on both sides of the ball.

Still a lot of talent on defense and very opportunistic. They go for turnovers and big plays which is why they occasionally give up that big play.

They had the same meltdown in week 2, which coincidentally happened right after playing Houston. So moral of the story is don’t start JAX D after they play Houston.

HTH

They scored 35 points in my league against Pittsburgh. Almost 19 against Seattle. 34 against Houston with Watson.

You got your facts wrong mate.

They beat Seattle 30-24 and earned only 8 points.

They beat Houston in GAME ONE and Watson was not the QB at that time. Not sure why you said with Watson.

Yes, they did kill Pitt and in my league they got 28.

But look at all the easy teams and mediocre or less qbs in their schedule:

Houston 2

Indy 2

Jets

Tenn

Arizona

Cleveland

Cinci

Baltimore in week 3 when Flacco wasn’t much.

That is 10 of the 16 teams, more than half. Like I said, their defense is good, but not scary good. Good teams and good qbs will score points. Wilson, Goff, and Jimmy G are three that come to mind. Yes, they did stop Big Ben....their best game In my opinion by far.

They beat Houston in GAME ONE and Watson was not the QB at that time. Not sure why you said with Watson.

Houston 2

Indy 2

Jets

Tenn

Arizona

Cleveland

Cinci

Baltimore in week 3 when Flacco wasnt much.

That is 10 of the 16 teams, more than half. Like I said, their defense is good, but not scary good. Good teams and good qbs will score points. Wilson, Goff, and Jimmy G are three that come to mind. Yes, they did stop Big Ben....their best game In my opinion by far.

So Watson didn't play week 1? How did he score points that week? And against Seattle they got 2 sacks, 3 interceptions and 72 punt return yards. And, they beat the crap out of one of the best offenses in football in Pitt. Your argument of putting them down because they played some bad teams and beating them up is faulty.

Houston 2

Indy 2

Jets

Tenn

Arizona

Cleveland

Cinci

Baltimore in week 3 when Flacco wasnt much.

Wilson did nothing until garbage time. And on a busted coverage at that.

So Watson didn't play week 1? How did he score points that week? And against Seattle they got 2 sacks, 3 interceptions and 72 punt return yards. And, they beat the crap out of one of the best offenses in football in Pitt. Your argument of putting them down because they played some bad teams and beating them up is faulty.

Savage started and was removed in second half when getting killed.

Punt return yards? Who keeps record of that?

I will give you this- they did beat the crap out of Pitt at home. That was their best game for sure.

My argument that moremthan half their schedule is weak is not faulty because you did not rebut it. You only defended the games they played good teams like Seattle and Pitt but said nothing about all 10 games I cited with weak coaches and or teams. And the reason you said nothing was because you know they are weak pitiful teams with pitiful personnel.

Savage started and was removed in second half when getting killed.

Punt return yards? Who keeps record of that?

I will give you this- they did beat the crap out of Pitt at home. That was their best game for sure.

My argument that moremthan half their schedule is weak is not faulty because you did not rebut it. You only defended the games they played good teams like Seattle and Pitt but said nothing about all 10 games I cited with weak coaches and or teams. And the reason you said nothing was because you know they are weak pitiful teams with pitiful personnel.

I said it's faulty because it is faulty to say they are not very good because they beat up on the teams that are not that good. I am a cubs fan and remember so many people saying right before their 2016 post season run that they were way overrated because of the division they play in. And that Washington or LA would sweep them in 4. Didn't happen.

And yes in my league we give points for special teams play. Such as punt return yards, blocked FGs and punts, interceptions and fumbles on when special teams are on the field, return punts for TDs, etc. That's why on many FF sites you see DST instead of DEF.