Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Just committed mother of all focking fock ups!

First time in almost 10 years playing I have done something like this. Last Friday I thought I had dropped Kevin Jones from team to get Steve Slaton - It was late I go to bed an pay not attention to it. On Monday ( I don't usually hang out much on the boreds / internets on weekends ) I go into the league site to check on things and maybe make a trade offer or 2 I notcie Kevin Jones on my roster still - I immeadatley panic becasue I also see Slaton on roster. Turns out I dropped Kevin Smith instead of Kevin Jones and he was picked up an hour after I dropped him.

Sad thing is I can't even cry about it - as I am the commish of the league - If I was just an owner I could up a stink and whine a little - all I can do here is ask him to reverse it an live with it afterwards. I haven't ever been this sicik in my stomach over fantasy football - Kevin Smith isn't exactly a GREAT player but thats not the point - just sheer dumbassed stupidity on part :ninja:

Accidents and mistakes happen. this isn't the nfl. correct your mistake, I would.

I am commish and I would correct this mistake if someone else did it, especially seeing the season hasn't started yet.

Post a message, tell 'em it was a mistake and fix it. do it now before anybody picks him up and it gets even more complicated.

I dunno. This looks like a sure way to cause friction before the opening kick for the season. If I was the GM who scooped up Smith I would not be happy. Especially if Smith gives me the quality depth that I lacked after the draft. I am thinking that you blew it and have to live with the gaffe, Moz.

Doesn't your league site ask if you if you are sure you want to drop whoever at the time of the drop?

i think it would be worse if you took the wrong adrian peterson with your first round pick. that would suck.

oh hells yeah..... :ninja:

Post a message, tell 'em it was a mistake and fix it. do it now before anybody picks him up and it gets even more complicated.

Someone already did pick him up, which is another issue.

In my league there is a 3 day waiver period after someone is dropped, it helps prevent this exact issue.

me as commish > the moz as commish

Accidents and mistakes happen. this isn't the nfl. correct your mistake, I would.

I am commish and I would correct this mistake if someone else did it, especially seeing the season hasn't started yet.

Gotta disagree with you ed; I would raise holy hell if the commish were to do that. Boneheaded moves are subject to

opinion (in this case it's seems obvious) and you let them learn a lesson the hard way. It's not like he dropped Tom Brady or an elite player.

Take your lumps Moz and next time don't make any moves if you're tired.

I am thinking that you blew it and have to live with the gaffe, Moz.

Actually i agree with this - Thats why I emailed the guy and said it was his choice - I wouldn't use commish rights and reverse if he didn't agree ( it's not worth focking up a friendship over ) - I even offered him Mendenhall or Bulger as compensation in return for giving me back KSmith. He already acknowledged he knew it is was an obvious mistake - said he would let me know - I can live it as the rest of my team ( 10 team league ) is pretty decent. But K. Smith was actually starting for me week 1 over McFadden - Now gotta choose between starting McFadden or Bowe as my flex.

D. McNabb

K. Warner

M. Bulger

S. Jackson

B. Jacobs

D. McFadden

D. Williams

R. Mendenhall

Slaton

TO

Colston

Calvin

Bowe

Scheff - :ninja:

Heap

Lee

You can't reverse it. I imagine the chance of something happening like this is the reason people agree to be in a league run by you. I know I did. Just sayin' :ninja:

Live with it you dumbass. If you go changing your own roster as the commish every single team will expect you to "bend" the rules in regards to their team also. You will prevent a lot of hate and discontent by letting it go.

Live with it you dumbass. If you go changing your own roster as the commish every single team will expect you to "bend" the rules in regards to their team also. You will prevent a lot of hate and discontent by letting it go.

:ninja: Thats what I have been saying - no question I was a total dumbass here but I was never as commish going to reverse it.

I said all I can do is explain to the guy what happended and leave it up to him which I have done.

Gotta disagree with you ed; I would raise holy hell if the commish were to do that. Boneheaded moves are subject to

opinion (in this case it's seems obvious) and you let them learn a lesson the hard way. It's not like he dropped Tom Brady or an elite player.

Take your lumps Moz and next time don't make any moves if you're tired.

huh?

it would be ok to fix the mistake if he dropped a good player, but because the player is a rookie, it's not ok to change it? yeah that's solid logic.

a mistake is a mistake and I would fix it. Then again, i have a 3 day waiting period so mistakes like this don't happen. If the owner didn't realize for 3 days? then it wasn't a mistake. if he realized the next day, then I would fix it.

huh?

it would be ok to fix the mistake if he dropped a good player, but because the player is a rookie, it's not ok to change it? yeah that's solid logic.

a mistake is a mistake and I would fix it. Then again, i have a 3 day waiting period so mistakes like this don't happen. If the owner didn't realize for 3 days? then it wasn't a mistake. if he realized the next day, then I would fix it.

Ed I actually disagree with you as well here ( and it's to my own disadvantage ) To reverse it would set a really bad precedent for the future of the league. People could make add drops and then days later change their minds and claim it was a mistake - alot of trouble to reverse this without owner consent. Like i said I offered the guy a different player of equal value for him as compensation ( Bulger / Mendenhall ) if he wants it and explained it was a mistake - it is up to him to reverse it not me. Just the first time I ever something like that and didn't catch it as I made the move late at night - my own dumbassedness.

We use the 15 minute rule - post within the alotted time on the message board and it will be reversed.

If you dont know that you have focked something up within 15 minutes, trade, FA, etc - then tough.

I cant see giving folks 3 days though, that just begs for people to get cold feet and make up excuses...

Sure it was a mistake, but sometimes in FF mistakes turn out great. Last year I was drafting and planned on getting a receiver. I forgot about the clock and all of a sudden 3 - 2 - 1, and I looked at my Draft Buddy and took the next WR on my list. With a hurried scream I yelled, "REGGIE WAYNE"! The funny thing was, I hadn't planned on drafting him because my thought was that I would draft Harrison if I was going to draft an Indy Receiver at all. Because of my inattentiveness, I ended up with one of the top WRs and Harrison was a bust.

There's a possibility that Kevin Smith could be overrated this year. How many rookies succeed in Detroit anyway? Kevin Jones could be a huge surprise this year! Anytime you get out of Detroit, it's a plus! Look at this as fate.

You should go to your house, knock on your door, and when you open the door you should punch yourself in the face in front of your wife and kids...

hth

no question I was a total dumbass here

I could have told you that BEFORE the waiver move.... :rolleyes:

you did the right thing

Can I be in your league?...being in edjrs dynasty now has me skeered :rolleyes:

Ed I actually disagree with you as well here ( and it's to my own disadvantage ) To reverse it would set a really bad precedent for the future of the league. People could make add drops and then days later change their minds and claim it was a mistake - alot of trouble to reverse this without owner consent. Like i said I offered the guy a different player of equal value for him as compensation ( Bulger / Mendenhall ) if he wants it and explained it was a mistake - it is up to him to reverse it not me. Just the first time I ever something like that and didn't catch it as I made the move late at night - my own dumbassedness.

Ed, that's EXACTLY where I was going with that. Too many people with morning after regrets. Let it stand.

Ed, that's EXACTLY where I was going with that. Too many people with morning after regrets. Let it stand.

What the fock are you talking about? :pointstosky:

He dropped someone with the same 1st name as someone else he meant to drop. How the fock are other people going to take advantage of this? jesus focking christ :pointstosky:

We are talking about a mistake here. we are not talking about someone that changed their focking mind.

"yeah um, I meant to drop Marty Booker, but his name looked just like Jonathan Stewart, sorry about that, can I have him back" :rolleyes:

I think that's an OBVIOUS mistake. If you were my commish I would have zero problem reversing it. I can't believe the guy said "Let me think about it." You call that a friend? Sounds like a douche bag to me. :rolleyes:

What the fock are you talking about? :pointstosky:

He dropped someone with the same 1st name as someone else he meant to drop. How the fock are other people going to take advantage of this? jesus focking christ :headbanger:

We are talking about a mistake here. we are not talking about someone that changed their focking mind.

"yeah um, I meant to drop Marty Booker, but his name looked just like Jonathan Stewart, sorry about that, can I have him back" :rolleyes:

ed, calm down; I realize you're a Patriot fan still upset about the Superbowl but you need to seek some anger management counselling. You're lashing out now.

As I stated agreeing with Moz, people would make a move, have second thoughts and then claim it was a mistake. Seems pretty FOCKING CLEAR! :pointstosky:

Ok, since 3 days has passed and he's been claimed already you're focked...

and i don't give a crap what anybody says, Kevin Smith isn't necessarily better than Kevin Jones, but he's fairly guaranteed to be less hurt.

However, you can fix this. Go drink a lot and get on late at night again, offer your best RB + Kevin Jones to the guy who picked up Kevin Smith as a trade. Then you'll be rid of Kevin Jones and have Kevin Smith back. All fixored.

:music_guitarred:

I think that's an OBVIOUS mistake. If you were my commish I would have zero problem reversing it. I can't believe the guy said "Let me think about it." You call that a friend? Sounds like a douche bag to me. :music_guitarred:

:lol:

this is my 1st year ever doing a money league with non friends and people from my home town, they are both only $50, so it's no biggie, but I would never be in a big money league with people like filthy fernandez and other low self esteem people that get off on other people's mistakes.

:music_guitarred:

this is my 1st year ever doing a money league with non friends and people from my home town, they are both only $50, so it's no biggie, but I would never be in a big money league with people like filthy fernandez and other low self esteem people that get off on other people's mistakes.

Ed you got no idea how badly I wanted to just reverse it myself when I noticed it - the league is filled with 9 other co-workers - it isn't worth it to me - hell I still have a damn solid team.

Was it a mistake obviously Kevin Smith and Kevin Jones same amount of letters right next to each other factor in late at night. Chalk it up to learning experience and move on - I won the league last season anyway. Losing Kevin Smith isn't what has me frustrated is was being so focking dumbassed making that mistake as I am usually pretty careful about that stuff - that has me more pissed than anything. I hand it to the guy being right place right time - had it been reversed I would be hard pressed to give him up after 3 days as well.

Moz...

I know that you are stand up commish but I dont think I would give it back to you or if I was the commish I wouldnt enforce it on the person who picked him up if I had to make a ruling...everyone is responsible for their own teams and you simply made a mistake but you as the commish have to be held to the higher standard.

Good Move by you to offer compensation. Hope everything is well with your leagues

huh?

Uh, he made the trasaction on Friday and wanted to reverse it on Monday. How does your rule work?

What the fock are you talking about? :wall:

He dropped someone with the same 1st name as someone else he meant to drop. How the fock are other people going to take advantage of this? jesus focking christ :wall:

"yeah um, I meant to drop Marty Booker, but his name looked just like Jonathan Stewart, sorry about that, can I have him back" :nono:

I meant to dropped Reggie Bush but I meant to drop Reggie Wayne, no Reggie Brown, no Reggie Williams, no Reggie Kelly, Etc.

I guess if you want to run a "Care Bear" League you can reverse it.

You should go to your house, knock on your door, and when you open the door you should punch yourself in the face in front of your wife and kids...

hth

:nono: :wall: :wall:

:thumbsup:

And I would never be in a league where a commish would just reverse his mistakes without even consulting the league. Bet you NEVER make a wrong move in your league because you have the Scooby Doo 'wayback machine'. "Oh, I traded you Larry Johnson BEFORE I knew Priest Holmes was hurt! That's not fair; give him back! No?! Well I'll just take him back."

Moz, you sir acted admirably and I'm sure the guys in your league appreciate your leadership as commish.

One of the great lessons sports teaches is to perservere and find a way to succeed in the face of adversity.

Just like a vet QB who forgot to check for a linebacker in the drop zone before checking down to a TE squatting in the middle of the field, and gets rewarded withb a pick six.

Put it behind you, and move on to the next play

Uh, he made the trasaction on Friday and wanted to reverse it on Monday. How does your rule work?

Blind Waiver wire, which doesn't run till Thursday morning for the 1st time of the week. Doesn't even start till the season starts and we don't draft till next Wednesday.

if a guy was dropped Friday, he wouldn't clear waivers till Tuesday. 1st chance a team would have to pick him up is 8 am Thursday morning.

We have a league of people that have jobs and families and lives, they don't sit around their computers all day sunday so they can pick up the 1st backup for a guy that is injured. (i do, but it wouldn't be fair to everyone else)

One of the great lessons sports teaches is to perservere and find a way to succeed in the face of adversity.

Just like a vet QB who forgot to check for a linebacker in the drop zone before checking down to a TE squatting in the middle of the field, and gets rewarded withb a pick six.

Put it behind you, and move on to the next play

Ok Vince... :thumbsup:

this isn't the real world, it is called fantasy for a reason.. get a life.

Common sense has got to come into play. If it is an obvious mistake, with an obvious explanation, then a reversal is perfectly acceptable. If it is not an obvious mistake then tough cookie.