Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Arizona couple arrested after adopted children denied access to food and water

https://wrko.iheart.com/content/2018-02-21-arizona-couple-arrested-after-adopted-children-denied-access-to-food-water/?cmd=managed_social

A couple in Tucson, Arizona have been arrested after authorities say their four adopted children were discovered to be living in horrific conditions with no access to food or water for hours at a time.
Benito Gutierrez, 60 and Carol Gutierrez, 64, were arrested for three counts of child abuse according to the Pima County Sheriff's Department. Their adopted children ranged in ages from 6 and 12-years-old.
Authorities say they began investigating after one of the kids escaped through a bedroom window and manged to make his way to a nearby Family Dollar store where a worker called 911.
According to a news released from the department, a clerk who was worried about the child's age and appearance called 911.
"The children were kept in separate bedrooms, which were locked from the outside," authorities said in a statement. "(They had) no access to food, water, lights or bathroom facilities for up to 12 hours at a time on a regular basis."
According to the release, the four adopted children were being kept in squalor, with each child confined to their own bedroom, locked from the outside.
The case is similar to another one last month in California in which two parents were arrested after one of their children escaped from their home and call 911 to report similar allegations. David and Louise Turpin were arrested for child abuse after police found their 13 children ranging in ages from 2 to 29, malnourished and dirty, with some even shackled to their beds.

Just a misunderstood messican and his wife.

What the fock is wrong with people?

You people that don't agree with the death penalty. :thumbsdown:

• Like 2

no access to food or water for hours at a time.

So when my parents sent me to bed without supper for breaking the law.....I could have had them arrested?

Dammit

So when my parents sent me to bed without supper for breaking the law.....I could have had them arrested?

Dammit

According to the release, the four adopted children were being kept in squalor, with each child confined to their own bedroom, locked from the outside.

Dammit

My son threatens that all the time. I tell him to feel free to call the cops. At least one of us will have some peace afterwards. :lol:

My son threatens that all the time. I tell him to feel free to call the cops. At least one of us will have some peace afterwards. :lol:

Could you in your wildest dreams ever imagine threatening to call the cops when you were a kid? Not in a billion years.

Could you in your wildest dreams ever imagine threatening to call the cops when you were a kid? Not in a billion years.

No. id have gotten a bigger beating

If they know to sell glass beads can put them in contact with someone

they are from Arizona, maybe they could be chained up and forced to build the wall until they die.

No. id have gotten a bigger beating

In all seriosity, I say that a lot. My Dad never beat me..I mean spankings yeah...But there was always that fear that if I pushed too far, my Dad would beat my ass

In all seriosity, I say that a lot. My Dad never beat me..I mean spankings yeah...But there was always that fear that if I pushed too far, my Dad would beat my ass

my father took beating me too seriously.

he would craft sh1t at work and take it home to hit me.

my father took beating me too seriously.

he would craft sh1t at work and take it home to hit me.

Sorry Ed. I know I'm not supposed to laugh at that...but I failed

Sorry Ed. I know I'm not supposed to laugh at that...but I failed

I bring it up every now and again at like thanksgiving, or christmas and he laughs and my step mother, who wasn't around it always says "your father would never do that"

I am leaving my son with them this June for his 1st sleep over with them, he will be almost 5.

if my son tells me my father hit him, I will kill my father on the spot.