Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Would you throw back Hunt, if you had a shot a Barkely ?

Its a 2 keeper league, I pick 3rd. The guys with the 1st and 2nd pick.. have ODB and Hopkins. I doubt neither throw one in, being a ppr. So I have a very good shot on him. If one throws in I will have either of the 2, or get Hunt back. Not a bad position

Yea I knew all of that when I posted that I don't think Barkley makes it to you, but if you think you have a good shot at Barkley or at least getting Hunt back then I'd go for Barkley. If I was the Odell Beckham owner or the DeAndre Hopkins owner, I'd not keep them so I could go for Barkley, but I would think the Hopkins owner would know that the Beckham owner would take Barkley first, and so he'd keep Hopkins, thinking you'd keep Hunt, and so in that scenario you'd be able to draft Hunt back. I'd rather have Hunt over Beckham or Hopkins.

What if Barkley goes to the Giants ? Does that put him better than Hunt... for Keeper ? Especially if they get ODB buttoned up ?

Yea I knew all of that when I posted that I don't think Barkley makes it to you, but if you think you have a good shot at Barkley or at least getting Hunt back then I'd go for Barkley. If I was the Odell Beckham owner or the DeAndre Hopkins owner, I'd not keep them so I could go for Barkley, but I would think the Hopkins owner would know that the Beckham owner would take Barkley first, and so he'd keep Hopkins, thinking you'd keep Hunt, and so in that scenario you'd be able to draft Hunt back. I'd rather have Hunt over Beckham or Hopkins.

I think I would rather have the WR's, ppr, keeper over Hunt.... You may have them for 5 or more years... RB's dont last as long.

I would go for Barkley................but its not for the faint of heart.

Hunt's situation is outstanding for FF production and they seem inclined to tgt him more in the passing game this year if he is up to it.

So you're giving up a mighty fine "bird in the hand".

I do see Barkley as a significantly more talented player however.

Situation can matter in the short term (see Gurley) and we don't have confirmation of Barkley at the pro level, but for me it's worth those risks.

:thumbsup:

this seems crazy to me. i didn't read through the whole thread so I don't know starting lineup requirements or flex options and i've always still been a RB guy in PPR, as I think pass catching, workhorse backs are the biggest difference makers.... but with no idea where Barkley will be drafted let alone if he will actually perform at the next level (not saying he won't but its kind of the proven commodity argument), I don't see how you give up Hunt, who is heading into only year 2 and already in a pretty proven workhorse situation.

in fact, If anything, I would throw Hunt back knowing that I could possibly land Hopkins or Odell (prefer Hopkins) and worst case just get Hunt back. At no point would I consider taking Barkley.

and its really not a knock on Barkley as much as it is a situational thing. All the players being talked about are young, amazing keepers. Hopkins and Odell are a few years older but receivers have a longer shelf life.

I think a serious underdog to get Barkley and who could do damage with him if the idiot play caller known as Dirk Koetter doesnt screw up the entire offense is the Tampa Bay Bucs with the 7th pick

Exactly I agree with the above post.

I think the Gmen will take Barkely, bit of he does slide down too the Bucs would be better for ff.

Proverbs 11:30

this seems crazy to me. i didn't read through the whole thread so I don't know starting lineup requirements or flex options and i've always still been a RB guy in PPR, as I think pass catching, workhorse backs are the biggest difference makers.... but with no idea where Barkley will be drafted let alone if he will actually perform at the next level (not saying he won't but its kind of the proven commodity argument), I don't see how you give up Hunt, who is heading into only year 2 and already in a pretty proven workhorse situation.

in fact, If anything, I would throw Hunt back knowing that I could possibly land Hopkins or Odell (prefer Hopkins) and worst case just get Hunt back. At no point would I consider taking Barkley.

and its really not a knock on Barkley as much as it is a situational thing. All the players being talked about are young, amazing keepers. Hopkins and Odell are a few years older but receivers have a longer shelf life.

I traded down from the top of the 3rd round to the bottom of the 3rd round and still got my targeted player when I drafted Adrian Peterson in 2007 in our 1 keeper 12 team ppr league and he was elite as a rookie. Chester Taylor was there and people weren't high on the situation or rookie running backs at the time. Worked out pretty well for me. Barkley is the same elite level talent but with more pass catching ability. Draft him 1st I say so you don't miss out on him. I'll be using as much auction money as it takes to draft him in my ppr auction league.

I traded down from the top of the 3rd round to the bottom of the 3rd round and still got my targeted player when I drafted Adrian Peterson in 2007 in our 1 keeper 12 team ppr league and he was elite as a rookie. Chester Taylor was there and people weren't high on the situation or rookie running backs at the time. Worked out pretty well for me. Barkley is the same elite level talent but with more pass catching ability. Draft him 1st I say so you don't miss out on him. I'll be using as much auction money as it takes to draft him in my ppr auction league.

don't get me wrong, if you have a conviction about Barkley being a true fantasy stud and are willing to pass on proven fantasy studs like Hopkins or Odell or a workhorse back like Hunt, who has shown his skill and whose usage we have seen at the NFL level, then by all means move mountains to get Barkley.

however, your story about drafting Peterson doesn't have any relation to this situation. I remember drafting Peterson in many redraft leagues that year and he was draftable at a good value, absolutely. Grabbing a rookie RB in round 3 (and trading down on top of it) and having him eventually be your keeper is entirely different than giving up a very good young keeper RB already in your arsenal in order to use a 1st rounder on a rookie RB who could be great, could be average, could get drafted into a poor fantasy situation, could bust.... etc.

that said, I would still throw him back into the draft pool but i'd be doing so for a shot at Hopkins or Beckham.

I think a serious underdog to get Barkley and who could do damage with him if the idiot play caller known as Dirk Koetter doesnt screw up the entire offense is the Tampa Bay Bucs with the 7th pick

I think that if Tampa takes him at #7 (which I think he'll be gone by), Barkley has a legit shot at the #1 RB spot.

I think that if Tampa takes him at #7 (which I think he'll be gone by), Barkley has a legit shot at the #1 RB spot.

So let's say he goes to Tampa. Barkley or Hunt?

PPR I would take Hunt.

I think he will gain more work in the passing game this season then he did last season.

So let's he goes to Tampa. Barkley or Hunt?

I'd take Barkley in a heartbeat. In Tampa, there are pieces in place that are very promising to a very productive offense. In 2015, Koetter's first year in Tampa, Doug Martin had 1673 total yards, 33 receptions, and 6 TD's, for for 242 fantasy points (in a ppr league), and Barkely is way more talented the Doug Martin.

So let's say he goes to Tampa. Barkley or Hunt?

My starting point would be Barkley for Hunt and the 1.06

My starting point would be Barkley for Hunt and the 1.06

Wow. You love Barkley. I wouldn't give Hunt for him straight up.

Im excited to have a dual threat backfield -Andy Reid

In regards to having spender ware back to pair with Kareem hunt. All Im hearing from that is Hunt is an RB2

Im excited to have a dual threat backfield -Andy Reid

In regards to having spender ware back to pair with Kareem hunt. All Im hearing from that is Hunt is an RB2

All I'm hearing from that is coach talk in April.

I think you will undervalue Hunt if you indeed place a rb2 on him.

All I'm hearing from that is coach talk in April.

I think you will undervalue Hunt if you indeed place a rb2 on him.

Reid's MO seems to be randomly pulling running backs and designing plays for inferior talent

I don't know, the last time he had a healthy J Charles was back in 2013 his first season as coach of KC.

Charles had 259 att K Davis had 70.

I think if he has a healthy stud he will use him.

I think Hunt will be the horse he will get the majority of the rush att and I think the biggest difference in ppr will be his use in the passing game.

I think he will be even more involved.

I see a clear Rb1, I think he's a top five rb going into the nest season.

Psalm 118.

I don't know, the last time he had a healthy J Charles was back in 2013 his first season as coach of KC.

Charles had 259 att K Davis had 70.

I think if he has a healthy stud he will use him.

I think Hunt will be the horse he will get the majority of the rush att and I think the biggest difference in ppr will be his use in the passing game.

I think he will be even more involved.

I see a clear Rb1, I think he's a top five rb going into the nest season.

Psalm 118.

Ware is actually a very good receiver also.

Ware is actually a very good receiver also.

Yeah.

But Hunt is better, and is better over all.

Let me ask you, right now today no judgement so don't worry, where would you rank Hunt, Rb1 or Rb2.

And if it's a Rb2, what twelve Rbs would you rank ahead of him?

Like I said I have him as a top five Rb1, so what say you?m if you dare.

Psalm 119:1-15.

Idk if Hunt is better. I like Ware a lot. He's a better athlete, plus he is at least equal to Hunt in receiving imo. Hunt has better vision though.

I assume Hunt is a rb1. I couldnt name 12 RBS right now ahead of him

Djohns

Bell

Gutley

Zeke

Kamara

Barkley

McCoy

Fournette

Mccaffery

Idk if Hunt is better. I like Ware a lot. He's a better athlete, plus he is at least equal to Hunt in receiving imo. Hunt has better vision though.

I assume Hunt is a rb1. I couldnt name 12 RBS right now ahead of him

Djohns

Bell

Gutley

Zeke

Kamara

Barkley

McCoy

Fournette

Mccaffery

Thanks for the reply.

We both see Hunt as a Rb1, even with the return of Ware.

I think Ware is better then the back ups they had last season, but he's not good enough too take away enough work from Hunt to remove Hunt from being ranked a Rb1.

Proverbs 15.

You are pick 3, and the top 2 guys have the option of throwing back ODB and Hopkins.

You throw Hunt back and the top 2 pick Barkley & Hunt in that order, leaving you with Hopkins. Hop is a beast but I prefer the RB always.

Possible scenario?

I have Hunt as a keeper and I would not give him up for Barkley straight up.

Just out of curiosity, I threw out the idea of Hunt to the guy who had the #1 pick in a keeper league. His response was, "what else are you offering with Hunt?"