Sign in to follow this  
Riverdogs

Comish changed playoff bracket from 4 teams to 6 four days ago.

Ten team league, championship bracket was 4 teams, consolation was also 4 teams with last two teams out.

Four days ago the Commissioner who was in 5th place conveniently changed the playoff bracket to 6 teams in the championship and four in the consolation bracket.

A couple people are mad that 1. the commissioner now made the playoffs with the click of his mouse, 2. it makes it harder to win the playoffs with the extra two teams and week of playing.

Is it fair??? Was that enough time? Should have he waited until next year to make that type of change?

If he just changed it out of nowhere tell him to pound sand until next season.

If it's a money league punch him in the face in front of wife and kids

If it's not for money kick him in the nuts in front of wife and kids.

• Like 5

If it's a money league punch him in the face in front of wife and kids

If it's not for money kick him in the nuts in front of wife and kids.

This is by far the proper answer

No need to ask. Commish is a d!ck. Worse, he's a cheater. Tell him to change it back or you're leaving after this season.

Then leave anyway. You shouldn't have to threaten the guy in charge to get him to play by the rules.

I ate a crunchy pickle once (no it wasnt a meat pickle)

I bet you were very disappointed it wasnt huh?

Ten team league, championship bracket was 4 teams, consolation was also 4 teams with last two teams out.

Four days ago the Commissioner who was in 5th place conveniently changed the playoff bracket to 6 teams in the championship and four in the consolation bracket.

A couple people are mad that 1. the commissioner now made the playoffs with the click of his mouse, 2. it makes it harder to win the playoffs with the extra two teams and week of playing.

Is it fair??? Was that enough time? Should have he waited until next year to make that type of change?

The format can't change once the season starts , no it's not fair .

The real slim shady and Shady McCoy both call that some shady sh!t...

Call him a cheater and a liar in an email to the entire league. Then tell him if he does cheat and change the rules to give him a better chance at winning, All owners need to demand their money back or all goto to his house to get it back

Obviously him proposing this has crashed the league, as he's no longer trustworthy, and can't be commissioner.....he's looking to take the money and run

Owners gotta group together

He's only one ahole, abusing his power

If be shocked if my owners would roll over and let me do this

I'd be prepared for an attack, but I'd never do this with long time friends in the league

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. The main thing that bothers me is going from 4 teams in the playoffs to 6 on a 10 team league. It is ridiculous in my opinion. Plus he did it after the regular season was over. Any changes are BS, but this was a big one in my opinion and should have been changed next year.

All owners need to demand their money back or all goto to his house to get it back

I'm guessing it's probably a 10 team yahoo league for no money. Which means there's no good reason to play in it anyway.

I'm guessing it's probably a 10 team yahoo league for no money. Which means there's no good reason to play in it anyway.

It is a free League, most of the teams play in a pay league as well and have for years. It was just a honest question about changing the rules before playoffs. Free or not, a few people didn't like the change. So I thought I would ask the pro's. Thanks again.

It is a free League, most of the teams play in a pay league as well and have for years. It was just a honest question about changing the rules before playoffs. Free or not, a few people didn't like the change. So I thought I would ask the pro's. Thanks again.

Only a few? lol.. I'd grab those few and start your own league next season.. :music_guitarred:

Some here think free leagues aren't 'serious' is all :)

The absolute idiocy of this interest me. I assume the playoffs are now extended another week? Free league or not I can't imagine any owners that would agree with this. You said only a few owners complained? Even that other owner that now is in the playoffs should call this complete BS. I know that if this is supposed to be a friends league, this piece of crap would no longer be in it.

Free league. Then why make the thread? Who cares.

Exactly

I wasted a few minutes of my life assuming there was cash

Involved

I mean really, who cares ?

Guys really invest time in caring about a team for a free league ?

Doubt it

It only takes one guy to not give a Fock

Exactly

I wasted a few minutes of my life assuming there was cash

Involved

I mean really, who cares ?

Guys really invest time in caring about a team for a free league ?

Doubt it

It only takes one guy to not give a Fock

Like this discussion hasn't been had ten thousand times before. If you don't like playing for pride and can't find others so inclined, don't do it. I do both, enjoy both, put time into both. Money on the line isn't needed for me to put effort into something, and others in my free leagues agree. If that's not true for you, big deal. But not everyone thinks like you. Right? :)

• Like 2

No money involved? OK that makes it easy. Tell the owner to FO, drop all of your players, and walk away.

No money involved? OK that makes it easy. Tell the owner to FO, drop all of your players, and walk away.

Agreed without the dropping players part. No need to punish the other players who might decide to stick with it.

One possibility is to collude with the commish's opponent to try to make sure he loses week one :)

This is by far the proper answer

Has been the proper answer for any commish shennanigans for the last...10 years or so.

Like this discussion hasn't been had ten thousand times before. If you don't like playing for pride and can't find others so inclined, don't do it. I do both, enjoy both, put time into both. Money on the line isn't needed for me to put effort into something, and others in my free leagues agree. If that's not true for you, big deal. But not everyone thinks like you. Right? :)

Well put, I care just as much about my free leagues with friends as I do about my money leagues. I play for the fun of it, any money on the line is just a bonus.