Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Post a Good Song

My favorite Pixies song and one of my favorites overall. The intro through :52 is unbelievable. I can accept the fact that it's not played on the radio, but it's not even on their own "best of" album. :dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erHJJgyt_Tw

Good one (although also not one of my favorite Pixies tunes). Probably the most underrated band in the last 25 years.

My wedding song :wub:

we had 2 others, I couldn't decide which so went with 3.

eta:

I just emailed this to my ex at work.

Yup. In spite of my incredible douchness and the way I treated her and left her, she still doesn't have it in her to hate me. :Mr-T:

:pointstosky: :music_guitarred:

I'm pretty sure I never said I hated you.

Every time I hear that song it reminds me of that view from your loft into the city. :)

Get a room

Some of you need to learn how to post videos correctly (nikki, tiki, PoColts, Gepetto, wood, etc). Just post the link up to the & symbol (but not the &). When you leave the &feature blah blah on it doesn't wok right on mobiles (not iPhones at least). Can't watch any of your awesome vids while I sit here crapping.

I take great care in trying to make sure those video posts work. I did not know this was focking you or anyone else up. I will try and post them right in the future. I usually try and post a link without what you are talking about. I click share and go to that and then copy and paste that link, most of the time it losses that feature crap, or so I thought.

:unsure:

:bench:

:bench:

They already had one...That's the point, dummy

I see MUA in their future..... No I mean I WANT to SEE MUA like on video or something.... Don't call me dummy dummy.... Call me oh wait that's your line :ninja:

Anesthetize by Porcupine Tree from 2007 because I love how it continues to build.Easily one of the best bands in the last 10-15 years and if you do check it out and can't wait at least go to the 6:15 mark and listen from there.Gavin Harrison is an incredible drummer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XspR65gDRE

Some of you need to learn how to post videos correctly (nikki, tiki, PoColts, Gepetto, wood, etc). Just post the link up to the & symbol (but not the &). When you leave the &feature blah blah on it doesn't wok right on mobiles (not iPhones at least). Can't watch any of your awesome vids while I sit here crapping.

Mine doesn't have the & or what's after the & in it. It's just like the way your's is. It will show up with the &... if you click play and then click on the video itself while it's playing and open in a new window.

:dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqxDUMcVjws

I liked this song when it first came out. Then, my wife left me and this song hit so close to home, I couldn't even bring myself to listen to it anymore. Every time it came on the radio, I switched the station immediately.

November 17 2010 all that changed when I got my son back. So I was able to start listening to it again. In fact, I started listening to it again on that very day after not being able to for years.

You should have posted the video. Almost more powerful than the lyrics by themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJJsoquu70o&ob=av2e

Glad you got your son back, and glad you can listen to the song again :thumbsup:

This makes me think of those wannabe witch people who hang around Salem, Massachusetts.

:thumbsup:

She still has an amazing voice, tho

:thumbsup:

She still has an amazing voice, tho

True and I bet she makes a great eye of newt stew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv5LEdLZJqk

(Sadly this is the only actual album cut on YouTube that doesn't have it's pitch changed to sneak past copyright flagging)

I've always like STP in general, but the way they mix the harmonies in this song is something I always thought was pretty cool.

First chorus: no harmony

Second chorus: first half no harmony, second half harmony

Third chorus: all harmony

The other thing they did with the harmonies was stagger them with the main vocals and cut them off before the end of the line (except for the last line of the chorus).

Lead: Ti--ime to take her home, her dizzy head is conscience laden

Harm: ..Time to take her home, her dizzy head