Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Cats killed in China, Guangdong................... Sux you will love this one.

Never heard of a place called Far before... Did you mean the Far East... the Far West... maybe it's short for Farmington, MO? :dunno:

Wow you noticed how I said to far instead of too far - you found a grammatical error great job.

For the record, for how much I complain about the food in China, Sichuan is mostly pretty tame compared to Guangdong. Always the most crazy, inhumane, unethical food eaten in China traces to there. They creep the other Chinese out.

Wow you noticed how I said to far instead of too far - you found a grammatical error great job.

Well, you do give us a lot to choose from. :D

For the record, for how much I complain about the food in China, Sichuan is mostly pretty tame compared to Guangdong. Always the most crazy, inhumane, unethical food eaten in China traces to there. They creep the other Chinese out.

Why do Chinese people make good Chinese food here -- then when you go there expecting GREAT food you get bland , disgusting , garbage.

Why do Chinese people make good Chinese food here -- then when you go there expecting GREAT food you get bland , disgusting , garbage.

I wish I knew the answer to that.

For some reason they hit on a successful cuisine for American tastes but it' only vaguely resembles what they do in their own country. It's not like any other nationality's food changes when brought to the US, only Chinese.

I wish I knew the answer to that.

For some reason they hit on a successful cuisine for American tastes but it' only vaguely resembles what they do in their own country. It's not like any other nationality's food changes when brought to the US, only Chinese.

So the Chinese culinary world goes: Wee no cook here at home ... we send far way over sea to America and wee make veeerrryyy gooood. Great flavor ...... get PF Chang and become primary food source of lazy America who order take out. But here at home - no flavor , serve the worst class of meats, be barely edible.

Seriously back when I was married we went to Honk Kong in Jan. 2008 because her grandmother was turning 80 and we had a "Chinese Banquet". All I hear was how great the food will be... Jeebus man like maybe 2 things were edible. i should have known from the starter soups Birds Nest and Shark Fin -- I wanted to throw up when i looked at the soups let alone tasted it to be polite.

SERIOUSLY -- I have been to Dim Sum in Flushing NY (those from Queens might know the place - pretty much the biggest Dim Sum place in Flushing) - the Dim sum is GREAT -- like 2/3's of the people there are Chinese and don't even speak engrish and the food is very good. Yet I cannot come close to finding the same stuff in China? :wall:

Is there a law if you cook in China you must suck at it?

Well, you do give us a lot to choose from. :D

Man of the Moon , Fire, Pearl Harbor

Is there a law if you cook in China you must suck at it?

I think there is.

And those expensive banquets are the worst. They want to impress with how big their wallet is so they pull out all the bizarro animals and disgusting body parts that are offensive to your dignity and palate, and cost tons of money. Meanwhile, nary any vegetables in sight. One meat dish after the other after the other with vegetables absent or relegated to trimming or decoration.

(Chinese food is eaten buffet style, you don't order an individual dish, everything is presented and help yourself.) They bring out these expensive dishes one after the other and I grab the cucumbers or onions on the side and snag the orange on top that they decoratively carved into a swan.

I think there is.

And those expensive banquets are the worst. They want to impress with how big their wallet is so they pull out all the bizarro animals and disgusting body parts that are offensive to your dignity and palate, and cost tons of money. Meanwhile, nary any vegetables in sight. One meat dish after the other after the other with vegetables absent or relegated to trimming or decoration.

(Chinese food is eaten buffet style, you don't order an individual dish, everything is presented and help yourself.) They bring out these expensive dishes one after the other and I grab the cucumbers or onions on the side and snag the orange on top that they decoratively carved into a swan.

Dude , seriously have you ever had Shark fin or Birds nest soup? To be polite I had to at least taste it -- I was told for like 3 days leading up to it how great and expensive "Shark Fin" soup was -- Jeebus this like disgusting goup -- Literally I closed my eyes forced in a few spoonfuls then hoped noone saw I hardly touched it. You are right though all these meats and when i heard it I thought I would like it - only to find it totally sucking ass when they brought it out. If not for this 1 chicken dish and a plate of these like mini custard pies I would have starved at a fokcing banquet. :mad: I knew I should of snagged the decorative orange. I guess you know that by experience.

Many cultures eat things that we find repulsive. The only reason we won't eat cat is that they're identified as pets here. They may be quite tasty, you never know.

You guys don't ever watch Bizarre Foods?

Many cultures eat things that we find repulsive. The only reason we won't eat cat is that they're identified as pets here. They may be quite tasty, you never know.

Meow is just small jump from mmmmmmmm! Right Sux?

:thumbsup:

The d@mn welfare bumes in the USA should not get food stamp voucher cards at all, but rather have to eat the millions of stray cats and stray dogs instead if they want free meals from the every day working US Tax payers.

Want to eat pork, chicken, and beef from the supermarket in the USA? Then get a job. If you don't want to work, you get free stray cats and dogs for dinner which you have to butcher yourself.

:thumbsup:

The d@mn welfare bumes in the USA should not get food stamp voucher cards at all, but rather have to eat the millions of stray cats and stray dogs instead if they want free meals from the every day working US Tax payers.

Want to eat pork, chicken, and beef from the supermarket in the USA? Then get a job. If you don't want to work, you get free stray cats and dogs for dinner which you have to butcher yourself.

Well that would help the OBESITY PROBLEM OF THE HOMELESS!!! Think about it how many over weight homeless people people are there? and the one that aren't are whacked out on drugs.

Well that would help the OBESITY PROBLEM OF THE HOMELESS!!! Think about it how many over weight homeless people people are there? and the one that aren't are whacked out on drugs.

And they can have all of the free millions of rats and mice that infest their local neighborhoods they want to eat for free as well. As well as free insects like crickets and grasshoppers.

And they can have all of the free millions of rats and mice that infest their local neighborhoods they want to eat for free as well. As well as free insects like crickets and grasshoppers.

Why not make them go cannibal and eat each other? Not only will they be well fed, but decrease the homeless population as well.

WIN WIN!

Why not make them go cannibal and eat each other? Not only will they be well fed, but decrease the homeless population as well.

WIN WIN!

Just when I think there is no hope for you -- you pull out a total gem of an idea! :cheers: Great Plan!

WIN WIN!

If you want to be a lazy bum, not work for a living, and starve to death because of your own laziness, then I'm all for this. But I'm strictly against people murdering other people for a food source.

If you want to be a lazy bum, not work for a living, and starve to death because of your own laziness, then I'm all for this. But I'm strictly against people murdering other people for a food source.

Not me -- huddle the Poor together every 6 months and have the "Hunger Games" winning tribute gets food for their cities poor.