Sign in to follow this  
phillygrrl08

++ Update: Zeke looking at suspension - 6 Games

Very interesting situation.

weren't there one or two other incidents where Zeke didnt get a suspension, but did happen to tread very close to the line?

Move M Gordon up to third.

weren't there one or two other incidents where Zeke didnt get a suspension, but did happen to tread very close to the line?

Weed dispensary in Seattle. The others was exposing a titty on some chick, but I don't think that was anything really

Can't say I'm surprised by this

I'll still take him #2. Championships aren't won or lost in the first 2 games of any fantasy season. If you need 13 games out of Elliott to make it to the playoffs, then you're going to hoping to be lucky in order to win.

Last year, because people were all WR happy and down on Bell, I was able to draft Elliott #6 (Brown, Jones, Beckham, Johnson, and Hopkins were 1-5), I was able to get Bell in the second round... all because he was going to miss the first couple games. I was able to get my #3 ranked RB as the 8th RB off the board!!

Weed dispensary in Seattle. The others was exposing a titty on some chick, but I don't think that was anything really

I seem to think there was one other but that was before he was actually in the NFL so I think he got a free pass on it.

I'll still take him #2. Championships aren't won or lost in the first 2 games of any fantasy season. If you need 13 games out of Elliott to make it to the playoffs, then you're going to hoping to be lucky in order to win.

Last year, because people were all WR happy and down on Bell, I was able to draft Elliott #6 (Brown, Jones, Beckham, Johnson, and Hopkins were 1-5), I was able to get Bell in the second round... all because he was going to miss the first couple games. I was able to get my #3 ranked RB as the 8th RB off the board!!

I wouldnt move him down my list either.

it's week 14-16 where the production matters the most.

If your team cant live without your stud RB for 1-2 games then your team likely isn't championship caliber anyways.

Agreed, similar situation to Bell last year. Added him at the back of the 1st to an already loaded keeper base and walked through my season start to finish.

Because of that, people won't balk at the suspension... Maybe it just makes him the clear 3rd choice.

Russia Russia Russia!!! :wall:

I already have him listed at number four before this news.

I think his numbers as with the Dak numbers will fall short of last season.

The person that drafted Hopkins at number five wasn't really keeping on eye what was going on down their in Texans.

Gotta love Goodell. Police find absolutely no evidence against Zeke. The only witnesses and evidence was against the chick who was lying. Case was dropped right away, but almost a year later and the NFL is nearing completion of their investigation which must be amazing...much more amazing the any law investigation.

I don't think it's about your #1 RB missing the first game or two, can he stay out of trouble the rest of the season? That's a big gamble when drafting Zeke early.

Gotta love Goodell. Police find absolutely no evidence against Zeke. The only witnesses and evidence was against the chick who was lying. Case was dropped right away, but almost a year later and the NFL is nearing completion of their investigation which must be amazing...much more amazing the any law investigation.

I dont think Goodell cares if he's guilty or not.

This is about keeping the NFL in the news during the offseason when nobody is thinking about football.

If people are talking about what's gonna happen, it's good for ratings. Add a little Drama like the WWE and the people eat it up.

• Like 1

I dont think Goodell cares if he's guilty or not.

This is about keeping the NFL in the news during the offseason when nobody is thinking about football.

If people are talking about what's gonna happen, it's good for ratings. Add a little Drama like the WWE and the people eat it up.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner

I don't think it's about your #1 RB missing the first game or two, can he stay out of trouble the rest of the season? That's a big gamble when drafting Zeke early.

LOL... didn't he just do that last year? He's getting suspended for something he did in college!

LOL... didn't he just do that last year? He's getting suspended for something he did in college!

He's building a reputation for a guy who doesn't avoid trouble.

He's building a reputation for a guy who doesn't avoid trouble.

I don't know... he did one thing in college, that it looks like he really didn't do, but that's building a reputation? Ok....

I don't know... he did one thing in college, that it looks like he really didn't do, but that's building a reputation? Ok....

Yep. Oh well besides all of the other close calls and minor incidents he is associated with. Yes that's called building a reputation.

He's undeniably a knucklehead. He pulled some girls' shirt down at Martin Gras. I know it's Mardi gras but he's just a fool. He's gonna earn the suspensions in some way.

Are you ignoring all the things he's been involved in on purpose or do you really not know?

He's had multiple traffic issues with speeding and accidents. He was included in a bar fight. He exposed a woman's breasts in public. He was at a weed dispensary. Has allegations of domestic abuse.

Are all of these all that big of a deal? Not all but some are. Is this a man who just has bad luck and is in the wrong place at the wrong time? Maybe but not likely. This is a pattern and it can be avoided by making better life choices.

Are you ignoring all the things he's been involved in on purpose or do you really not know?

He's had multiple traffic issues with speeding and accidents. He was included in a bar fight. He exposed a woman's breasts in public. He was at a weed dispensary. Has allegations of domestic abuse.

Are all of these all that big of a deal? Not all but some are. Is this a man who just has bad luck and is in the wrong place at the wrong time? Maybe but not likely. This is a pattern and it can be avoided by making better life choices.

The same was said about Winston and he's been fine. I'm willing to give a college kid some latitude. It's not like he (they), were doing the same crap that Manziel was doing.

The same was said about Winston and he's been fine. I'm willing to give a college kid some latitude. It's not like he (they), were doing the same crap that Manziel was doing.

Of course it's not what Manziel was doing. That's why Manziel in not on a team at all and we're only talking about a short suspension for Elliott. HUGE difference. If you can't see that Elliott has a history of putting himself in bad situations and that's not something you want in a player then there is no use in me talking any more about it with you.

Of course it's not what Manziel was doing. That's why Manziel in not on a team at all and we're only talking about a short suspension for Elliott. HUGE difference. If you can't see that Elliott has a history of putting himself in bad situations and that's not something you want in a player then there is no use in me talking any more about it with you.

I see it the same way I see Winston (since they were exactly the same situations). I'll give him a pass until he does something in the league.

I see it the same way I see Winston (since they were exactly the same situations). I'll give him a pass until he does something in the league.

Elliott has done a few dumb things since he's been in the NFL. What has Winston done?

Yeah, I dont know that Manziel is a fair comparison.

but Rothlisberger and Bell are maybe more on par.

they definitely do some dumb azz stuff. Usually when alcohol is involved.

I think what worries people is they dont know if this is the beginning of something bigger.

I could care less about the traffic violations or most of the other stuff. The domestic violence thing disturbs me more than anything, but the evidence on that is somewhat questionable from what I understand. but the bar fight thing is definitely a case of not avoiding trouble when you should.

the Weed dispensary thing is just stupid. He should know better than to show his face in a place like that. Even if he's not buying.

so I think knucklehead is probably a fair description of his personality. Let's hope he grabs a brain and doesnt screw up his career.

Elliott has done a few dumb things since he's been in the NFL. What has Winston done?

All this stuff that Elliott has done was back in college... just like Winston.

All this stuff that Elliott has done was back in college... just like Winston.

The speeding over 100 mph and pulling the girl's shirt down were this off season and now he was present at a bar fight. These are all things that have happened after one year in the NFL. I haven't heard of Winston putting himself in those situations since he's been in the NFL yet. To me it seems that Winston way actually be taking his NFL career serious so far.

The speeding over 100 mph and pulling the girl's shirt down were this off season and now he was present at a bar fight. These are all things that have happened after one year in the NFL. I haven't heard of Winston putting himself in those situations since he's been in the NFL yet. To me it seems that Winston way actually be taking his NFL career serious so far.

The girl was this year? I thought that was reported this year... but happened last year. My bad.

Speeding? Meh. Present at a bar fight? Wow, that happened to me too!!! Holy cow. What are the odds, that me when I was 24, was doing the exact same three things as a pro football player!! Lucky him, he did it at what, 22 and is making millions. Me, I did it making $35k. Fortunately for me, I never got suspended from my job. Guess I was really lucky.

While my previous statement is sarcasm, it did happen. LOL To which my reaction is... I don't care. I never caught flack from my employer and while the sissy state of our country may warrant the league to suspend him, I'm not going to care about his status until he does something truly serious.

Yeah, I dont know that Manziel is a fair comparison.

but Rothlisberger and Bell are maybe more on par.

they definitely do some dumb azz stuff. Usually when alcohol is involved.

I think what worries people is they dont know if this is the beginning of something bigger.

I could care less about the traffic violations or most of the other stuff. The domestic violence thing disturbs me more than anything, but the evidence on that is somewhat questionable from what I understand. but the bar fight thing is definitely a case of not avoiding trouble when you should.

the Weed dispensary thing is just stupid. He should know better than to show his face in a place like that. Even if he's not buying.

so I think knucklehead is probably a fair description of his personality. Let's hope he grabs a brain and doesnt screw up his career.

The comparison to Manziel is my point. What he did was obvious red flags... what Elliott is doing, is nothing.

The girl was this year? I thought that was reported this year... but happened last year. My bad.

Speeding? Meh. Present at a bar fight? Wow, that happened to me too!!! Holy cow. What are the odds, that me when I was 24, was doing the exact same three things as a pro football player!! Lucky him, he did it at what, 22 and is making millions. Me, I did it making $35k. Fortunately for me, I never got suspended from my job. Guess I was really lucky.

While my previous statement is sarcasm, it did happen. LOL To which my reaction is... I don't care. I never caught flack from my employer and while the sissy state of our country may warrant the league to suspend him, I'm not going to care about his status until he does something truly serious.

You are seriously missing the point of all of this. The point is that he has a history of doing dumb things and putting himself in bad situations which is not smart for a top athlete/celebrity. His situation is not anything like ours so he isn't going to be treated the same. The league may suspend him and regardless if they do or not I think the Cowboys should strongly consider giving him some kind of curfew and fining him for any stupid stuff he does. He needs to keep himself out of trouble and in order to do that he needs to quit doing stupid things.

"Speeding? Meh." Seriously? I know we have all gone over the speed limit before but he was going 100+ which can be pretty damn dangerous. Doesn't take much for something bad to happen there. Once again, this falls under not putting yourself in bad situations. He could have seriously injured himself or another person or even killed someone.

How does the league or the team tell a guy to get his crap together before something serious happens? They have to fine him or suspend him and if those don't work then he can just go party all he wants while he's out of the league.

The comparison to Manziel is my point. What he did was obvious red flags... what Elliott is doing, is nothing.

But we're talking about trying to prevent Elliott from turning into Manziel. I think you are failing to see that the punishment is also for prevention and not just for what he's done.

You are seriously missing the point of all of this. The point is that he has a history of doing dumb things and putting himself in bad situations which is not smart for a top athlete/celebrity. His situation is not anything like ours so he isn't going to be treated the same. The league may suspend him and regardless if they do or not I think the Cowboys should strongly consider giving him some kind of curfew and fining him for any stupid stuff he does. He needs to keep himself out of trouble and in order to do that he needs to quit doing stupid things.

"Speeding? Meh." Seriously? I know we have all gone over the speed limit before but he was going 100+ which can be pretty damn dangerous. Doesn't take much for something bad to happen there. Once again, this falls under not putting yourself in bad situations. He could have seriously injured himself or another person or even killed someone.

How does the league or the team tell a guy to get his crap together before something serious happens? They have to fine him or suspend him and if those don't work then he can just go party all he wants while he's out of the league.

No, I assure you, I get it. You're making the exact same arguments I was making a few years ago when I said that the Bucs shouldn't draft Winston because he shows a continual lack of good judgement. You know what, I was wrong and Winston grew up. I'm giving Elliott the benefit of the doubt that I should have given Winston. Don't tell me what Winston did wasn't as bad. At the time, there was cause to believe he raped a girl. Elliott did nothing that severe.

"How does the league or the team tell a guy to get his crap together before something serious happens?" With words. That's it. If he doesn't get it, that's on him. Personal accountability. It's that simple. History is full of examples of what you should or should not do or say so he knows what's right or wrong. You just enforce it by addressing him about it. Suspending him won't change anything. Fining his isn't going to change anything. You know as well as I do how many players have been suspended or fined multiple times for the same offense.

What he did isn't that big of deal. When he does something that is a big deal, then it can be addressed. Until then, it's on his family, friends, teammates, and coaches (the league can chime in too), to tell him to calm down. If he doesn't, that's on him.