Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

M. Lynch - returning to Seattle.

A. Schefter is reporting that Lynch has agreed to sign something with the Hawks.

A. Schefter is reporting that Lynch has agreed to sign something with the Hawks.

There is some backpedaling happening at the moment

I think lynch will stay with them til he retires. If they don't win the superbowl or get close enough to it I think he retires. If they barely miss winning it like they did this past year then I think he stays again

this is great new

New?

Maybe he will get the ball at the one yard line during the season

Lynch is already how old? Pretty sure last year was his LAST year in the sun with great numbers unless the deal was REALLY backloaded with a lot of chances for Sea to get a lot of there money back this was a dumb move.

Lynch will get 3 years, 31 million.

http://overthecap.com/seahawks-marshawn-lynch-agree-contract/

...The way the contract is structured the Seahawks would keep the same cap charge for Lynch in 2015 as if they never reworked the contract. That leads me to believe that they are just dumping some added cap charges into 2016 when he retires/is released.

Lynch’s $12 million payout this year is essentially what would be paid to a “franchise player” on a one year contract. The fact that the new money annual value works out to an even $12 million a year also indicates what the intention is here and they will deal with next season when it happens.

On the face of it, it doesn't seem like that drastic a deal.

Lynch is already how old? Pretty sure last year was his LAST year in the sun with great numbers unless the deal was REALLY backloaded with a lot of chances for Sea to get a lot of there money back this was a dumb move.

He's 28. Considering the offensive scheme, and how Seattle tends to lead the league in rushing and rushing attempts, Lynch will likely continue to be productive, short of injury.

He's 28. Considering the offensive scheme, and how Seattle tends to lead the league in rushing and rushing attempts, Lynch will likely continue to be productive, short of injury.

He will be almost 29.5 when next season starts. I like him for next year but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in him past that. Collision runners like him tend to fall off quickly at a certain point.

Ride him out until he's ready to retire. I wouldn't have thought it last offseason, but I think he has one more Beastmode season in the tank.

So glad it isn't over yet!

• Like 1

He will be almost 29.5 when next season starts. I like him for next year but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in him past that. Collision runners like him tend to fall off quickly at a certain point.

This is hilarious, as they've been saying it about Lynch for two years now. Lynch will go gently into the good night when Lynch wants to. You've got to wonder if this drives a stake into the heart of Cowboys fans dreaming of getting Murray back for chump change?

This is hilarious, as they've been saying it about Lynch for two years now. Lynch will go gently into the good night when Lynch wants to. You've got to wonder if this drives a stake into the heart of Cowboys fans dreaming of getting Murray back for chump change?

Not sure it's "hilarious". Lynch has defied the odds to some extent. Maybe he'll do it again. But can't deny that each year it becomes a bit less likely.

My team is built to win now and I was strongly considering making a blockbuster trade to acquire Lynch in my keeper until I started to reach him a little more. 29 y/o which is right around the age most RBs start to decline. Going into his 9th season I honestly can not believe he's been around that long. I guess its because I keep over looking his time with the Bills and he did not really turn in to Beast Mode until he got to the Seahawks. He's had 896 carries over the last 3 season. That basically back to back to back 300 carry season. 300 carries is usually the magic number for decline. I know he's defied the odds before, but the deck keeps stacking up against him. Now I'm to the point of passing on him for now, but if both Lynch and my fantasy team are in beast mode around mid season I might have to make the other owner a offer he can not refuse.

Not sure it's "hilarious". Lynch has defied the odds to some extent. Maybe he'll do it again. But can't deny that each year it becomes a bit less likely.

It'll be hilarious in a year or two when he burns a first rounder on him and he implodes.