Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - WR Dorial Green-Beckham, Titans

A man-child if there ever was one, DGB is a size-speed freak that would make Calvin Johnson proud from a physical talent standpoint. However, Green-Beckham was a bit of a mess off the field before getting kicked out of Missouri and is very raw as a route-runner. There may not be a more polarizing player in this draft and perhaps no other player as a bigger variance between his ceiling and floor in the NFL. The Titans would be wise not to rush DGB and build a package for him )preferably in the red zone) as he works on his craft and they figure out whether or not they can trust him. Green-Beckham's landing spot and myriad issues make him a late-round pick at best in redraft leagues. The same reasons make me lean toward putting a second-round value on him in rookie drafts.

I wouldn't want anything to do with this kid in dynasty. At least not while the league has a war on pot. This kid loves to smoke weed, and will more likely be the next Blackmon/Gordon, not Calvin Johnson.

I don't like his fit in Tennessee. Mariota doesn't have the arm talent to utilize him in the correct way down field. Putting him in the same WR corps as Justin Hunter is questionable because they have similar talents and attitude problems. I don't think he is the next Calvin Johnson or even the next Blackmon or Gordon. He is the next Justin Hunter.

I don't like his fit in Tennessee. Mariota doesn't have the arm talent to utilize him in the correct way down field. Putting him in the same WR corps as Justin Hunter is questionable because they have similar talents and attitude problems. I don't think he is the next Calvin Johnson or even the next Blackmon or Gordon. He is the next Justin Hunter.

You are in for a surprise.