Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Broncos lose rookie TE with torn ACL

Link

This is second torn ACL by a rookie in as many days. Head Coach Gary Kubiak said "Jeff was going to be a big part of our team this year, and he's still going to be a big part of our team and organization in the future."

Owen Daniels, Virgil Green, James Casey is the current DEN TE depth chart.

With the weapons they have, that kid was gonna be lucky to see the field, let alone be a big part of what they are trying to do this year. He is a nice piece of their future but not having him this year means less than nothing.

With the weapons they have, that kid was gonna be lucky to see the field, let alone be a big part of what they are trying to do this year. He is a nice piece of their future but not having him this year means less than nothing.

Now I hear what you're saying by way of rookie TEs like Eric Ebron and Eifert (and even TE studs Kelce and Graham were year one busts before breaking out later).

But Denver last year had a TE in Orange Julius play a huge part of their offense before he took the money and left, leaving behind a big hole. Jeff Heurman was drafted to be the long term solution and if he were able to step up like some of these rookie WRs have been doing (and unlike his rookie TE peers) the last few years, the balls and production would have been there for him.

I think they drafted him to play, not to miss the season with a injury . Some playing time this season would have helped for that future . So it does mean more than less than nothing if you where to ask the team that drafted him

I think they drafted him to play, not to miss the season with a injury . Some playing time this season would have helped for that future . So it does mean more than less than nothing if you where to ask the team that drafted him

Of course they would like to have him. My point is they will not win or lose one more game because he's not there. At best this year he'd be their number three TE meaning he'd be a special teamer. This injury has no effect on the Broncos this season.

Keep an eye on Casey. This could be a big chance for him