Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

This Years Top RBs

In the first 8 games of last year, Hill had exactly 50 carries. That's 2 total games worth of carries over half of a season. As a pure starter, he's a shoe in for 1300 to 1400 yards and 10 td's.

Yea I traded him for Jerrick mckinnon around then...Cost me the championship.

Top RB's for 2015:

1. Lacy

2. Anderson

3. Peterson

4. McCoy

5. Bell

6. Charles

7. Hill

8. Melvin Gordon

9. Morris

10. L Murray

I know that last one is a stretch, but I'm on that train.

The Eagles just released a pro bowl guard. Does anyone else think that team will be a dumpster fire this year? I do!

• Like 1

Anderson 2? Im not buying that at all. The broncos are decimated on the o line. Plus, who knows what the new coaching staff will do with their stable of rbs. Hillman may come back and be peytons guy. He is the most versatile imo. Maybe peyton says, yeah anderson ran the ball well, but with our bad o line and my noddle arm getting soggier by the day, i need Hillman to come in and do it all.

And i will say this again because its going to drive me nuts all preseason, L Murrays value is going to be ruined. A nice player to take a chance on is going to be drafted top 10. It happens every year, i just really dislike when it happens to a guy i have been tracking for a while, waiting for this opportunity to arise. I did get him in 2 dynasties fortunately, before the value spike.

Top RB's for 2015:

1. Lacy

2. Anderson

3. Peterson

4. McCoy

5. Bell

6. Charles

7. Hill

8. Melvin Gordon

9. Morris

10. L Murray

The Eagles just released a pro bowl guard. Does anyone else think that team will be a dumpster fire this year? I do!

Seems like a pretty bold prediction list. Anderson seems a bit high. Gordon is pretty high for a rookie. Leveon Bell is too low in my opinion. No Forte on the list?

I'm biased on Jeremy Hill so I'll spare the flowery praise. But here is an interesting hard stat about his 2014 season:

"Pop quiz: Which running back led the NFL in rushing yards and yards per carry in the second half of the 2014 season?
It wasn't Offensive Player of the Year DeMarco Murray. It wasn't serial tackle-breaker Marshawn Lynch. It wasn't dual-threat Le'Veon Bell.
It was Cincinnati Bengals rookie Jeremy Hill, who is poised to break out as a household name in 2015."
  • Like 1

My current Top 10:

1. J. Charles

2. M. Lynch

3. E. Lacy

4. L. McCoy

5. D. Murray

6- L. Bell

7- A. Peterson

8- J.Hill

9- M. Forte

10- A. Foster

Top RB's for 2015:

1. Lacy

2. Anderson

3. Peterson

4. McCoy

5. Bell

6. Charles

7. Hill

8. Melvin Gordon

9. Morris

10. L Murray

No Forte or Lynch or Foster. I like it.

1 Charles

2 Peterson I ranked him but I won't draft him .

3 Lacy

4 McCoy

5 Forte

6 Bell. Would be number one if not susp.

7 Anderson

8 lynch

9 Hill

10 D Murray

My list at this moment

And i will say this again because its going to drive me nuts all preseason, L Murrays value is going to be ruined. A nice player to take a chance on is going to be drafted top 10.

If Murray gets drafted in the top ten you are drafting with at least one idiot.

And i will say this again because its going to drive me nuts all preseason, L Murrays value is going to be ruined. A nice player to take a chance on is going to be drafted top 10.

If Murray gets drafted in the top ten you are drafting with at least one idiot.

I completely agree, but things may change in a few months. Prob not top 10, but murray could end up in the early third round, killing his value.

Here's my top 10 so far.

1. Bell

2. Peterson

3. Lynch

4. Lacy

5. Charles

6. Forte

7. McCoy

8. Foster

9. Murray

10. Anderson

• Like 1

Injury to charles or he retires?

Injury. Not hoping for it or anything. Just kinda thinking it would happen. Hope it doesn't bc he's an awesome football player

Same for Lacy?

Pretty much. Don't trust those concussions. He could easily miss 4 games if he gets his bell rung another time really good

No love for Justin Forsett? The guy catches a lot of passes making him PPR money in the bank. He was easily top 10 last year. They didn't draft his replacement.

Actually in my above list I might drop Foster and add Forsett. Good call totally agree

No love for Justin Forsett? The guy catches a lot of passes making him PPR money in the bank. He was easily top 10 last year. They didn't draft his replacement.

Im not sure where to put him. He could easily be that one year wonder at rb. He had opportunities to become a starter earlier in his career but never flashed that much. His biggest asset is what makes alfred morris a solid rb imo, vision and drive. Those are not the most physically gifted rbs in the league, but their passion for the game shows in the way they run.

Im not sure where to put him. He could easily be that one year wonder at rb. He had opportunities to become a starter earlier in his career but never flashed that much. His biggest asset is what makes alfred morris a solid rb imo, vision and drive. Those are not the most physically gifted rbs in the league, but their passion for the game shows in the way they run.

He is not a prototypical feature RB by any means so definitely more of a guy who produces in the right system but I do remember him flashing previously in his career many times. I specifically remember calls, and probably even on these boreds for him to be a starter in Seattle but I think most staffs did not see him as durable enough to be a feature RB (and its still very possible he may not be).

I went to his Wiki page to refresh myself and here are a couple of the "flashes".

"Forsett was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the 7th round in the 2008 NFL Draft. He scored his first NFL touchdown on August 16, 2008 in a preseason game against the Chicago Bears. A game in which he also totaled 261 all purpose yards, 136 rushing and 125 on return yards. The total was 55 yards more than the entire Chicago Bear offense for the night." (Probably part of the reason I remember).

"After the release of Edgerrin James, Forsett became the teams No. 2 back which gave him an opportunity to get more touches and make a bigger on-the-field impact. On November 15, Julius Jones, the starting running back for the Seahawks, left a game against the Arizona Cardinals with a bruised lung. Forsett filled in for Jones, rushing for 123 yards and his first regular season touchdown. He started as the primary running back on November 22 game against theMinnesota Vikings, scoring his second touchdown on a 9-yard run. With the Seahawks' running game struggling, Forsett also caught 8 passes for 80 yards. On November 29 against the St. Louis Rams, he rushed for a career high 130 yards and two scores. With the return of Julius Jones in week 13 against the San Francisco 49ers, Forsett was relegated back to the position of 2nd-string running-back. He saw only 8 touches, rushing for a net gain of 9 yards, reception of 25 yards, and one touchdown."

"Forsett signed with the Houston Texans on June 2, 2012. In the Texans' final 2012 NFL preseason game, played against the Minnesota Vikings, Forsett broke Arian Foster’s preseason record of 110 yards rushing. On Thanksgiving Day, November 22, 2012, Forsett scored an 81-yard touchdown, the longest running play in Texans history. Replays showed that Forsett was down by contact before making a first down, but the play was not reviewed due to Lions coach Jim Schwartz throwing the challenge flag on an automatically reviewable scoring play. Forsett has admitted he was down by contact.[11] The Texans would eventually win the game against theDetroit Lions in overtime 34-31."

I remember that play.

Anyhoo, he didn't come completely out of nowhere as a talent, it was more giving him a full load opportunity that came out of nowhere. There still have to be doubts about his ability to maintain that level of usage.

Let me ask you , what about this Allen any threat to taking some of Forsett work from him? . From what I read about him sounds like a guy who can do so .

Its funny you mention Forsett and PPR. Marc Trestman joined the Ravens as the offensive coordinator. If you followed Matt Forte the past couple seasons...you know what is capable from a running back in his system

• Like 1

Let me ask you , what about this Allen any threat to taking some of Forsett work from him? . From what I read about him sounds like a guy who can do so .

Absolutely, Allen has good hands for a RB and is an accomplished route runner for a RB. The general history of rookie RBs, even good pass catchers, is that it takes some time for them to develop in the area of pass blocking so that would be something to watch.

I would think Allen along with every other RB on that roster is a theoretical threat to Forsett's workload. There would be a bigger GL/Short ydg threat such as Taliaferro. Maybe they would want a sturdier type RB to close out games, etc

That was part of the point of my above post. Last year's workload for Forsett was the outlier, there have always been not only threats but concerted efforts to play others rather than cast him in the role of feature RB. I think they probably HAVE to give him the opportunity to repeat last years performance, but it wouldn't be shocking if he is on a relatively short leash in terms of feature duty and I could see them moving to more of a time share if he gave them any kind of excuse such as getting hurt.

Its funny you mention Forsett and PPR. Marc Trestman joined the Ravens as the offensive coordinator. If you followed Matt Forte the past couple seasons...you know what is capable from a running back in his system

True, true but Trestman himself has said he is adjusting to what the Ravens do rather than the other way around.

Still, his play calling and general philosophy bodes really well for Forsett in PPR leagues if he does maintain a full load all year long. Pinball type numbers are not out of the question, it just has to be discounted for possibility that last years load was THE outlier in Forsett's career IMO.

i think Allen will be used a lot on the passing game . Right now in PPR I rank Forsett at and around 14 . I see that his avg ranking in PPR is right about looks like 12 .

Right which is why I love snagging him in the 2nd/3rd round. He caught a lot of passes last year. I would expect a jump in that area.

Yes actually they did.

I completely agree, but things may change in a few months. Prob not top 10, but murray could end up in the early third round, killing his value.

What are your thoughts on L Murray as a RB2? I'm thinking of taking a chance on him as my RB2 but I don't know yet. He plays for Oakland which scares me

What are your thoughts on L Murray as a RB2? I'm thinking of taking a chance on him as my RB2 but I don't know yet. He plays for Oakland which scares me

I love him this year. The issue that i dont like is his adp creeping up this early in the off season. All it takes is one good run in preseason and he is going early third maybe 2nd round. So for a reasonable price i like the risk vs reward. 4th round is fair price right now.

Also, as much as i dislike Carr as a qb who can run an offense, that offense has some serious play makers. I think Carrs gunslinger mentality is going to be beneficial for all players fantasy numbers.

In both of my dynasty leagues i went out of my way to acquire him in hopes that this opportunity came up. I think its for real.

I play mostly PPR scoring and love this kind of discussion with top rbs, wrs etc...

1. Le'Veon Bell to me the clear cut best back f**k the suspension this guy will score points and I want that on my team. I can draft around 1-3 weeks missing...

2. Jamaal Charles dude is a beast and yes he has had some injuries so if drafted cuff him with Davis, could definitely challenge for the #1 spot.

3. Eddie Lacy.. every RB in the NFL could get a concussion on every handoff.. that being said the dudes a stud.. and on a great offense.

4. Adrian Peterson.. a year off and something to prove I wouldn't bet against him.. I wouldn't argue with someone taking him #1 in most formats.

5. Matt Forte.. PPR machine, ok trestman is gone guy is still a solid option for this offense both rushing and receiving..

6. Marshawn Lynch.. Had him 7th about 10 seconds ago but this team runs the ball and grinds the clock.. yes the Graham addition might steal a TD or 2 maybe 3 but this is still a Lynch based team...

7. DeMarco Murray.. Welcome a cut and go runner to a Chip Kelly Offense, people talk about the O-Line in Dallas, Philly has a pretty dam good O-Line and a solid offensive scheme to go with it. I see a slight drop off due to the way Chip spreads the ball and how he will rotate Matthews and Sproles in..

8. Arian Foster.. This Guy is also one of those that if Healthy can be considered a top 5 yes he lost AJ but dam Hopkins is a solid WR. With solid QB play he could vault into the Top 5...

9. LeSean McCoy.. As a philly guy hated seeing you leave town, but I understood why his salary just made him expendable.. In Buffalo he will do what he did before juke, slash and run his way to some yards and TD's. The only downside is his QB..EJ?? cmon really Defenses can focus on him and force EJ to beat him that's what will hold McCoy back imo.

10. CJ Anderson running backs in a Peyton Manning offense tend to do well, if he can stay healthy and keep this job he should crack the top 10.

11. Jeremy Hill.. Loved him as a rookie, plays in a solid system could share time with Gio but has the offense and skill players around him to warrant a top 10 finish.

12. Justin Forsett.. Dude came out and just balled.. no if ands or buts not flashy just gets the job done, could without a doubt outperform this spot only time will tell...

13. Lamar Miller... I have him lower then last year just based on the improvement of the total RB corp, showed he can carry the load and make things happen..

14. Frank Gore.. Just love what he moved into, Great QB, Solid WR's and Good TE's oh and look a top RB look out Defenses this team can beat you so many ways...

15. Mark Ingram should be the focal point of this team running attack with some help from CJ spiller to give him a breather...

At this point with how thin the running back class is I am looking to load up early and add in WR talent as it falls..as far as rookies all three guys Yeldon, Gurley and Gordon have great talent lets see what camp brings if gurley is PUP'd then he should drop.. Gordon landed on a good team and could flourish and Yeldon landed with a young and up incoming team..

• Like 2

I play mostly PPR scoring and love this kind of discussion with top rbs, wrs etc...

1. Le'Veon Bell to me the clear cut best back f**k the suspension this guy will score points and I want that on my team. I can draft around 1-3 weeks missing...

2. Jamaal Charles dude is a beast and yes he has had some injuries so if drafted cuff him with Davis, could definitely challenge for the #1 spot.

3. Eddie Lacy.. every RB in the NFL could get a concussion on every handoff.. that being said the dudes a stud.. and on a great offense.

4. Adrian Peterson.. a year off and something to prove I wouldn't bet against him.. I wouldn't argue with someone taking him #1 in most formats.

5. Matt Forte.. PPR machine, ok trestman is gone guy is still a solid option for this offense both rushing and receiving..

6. Marshawn Lynch.. Had him 7th about 10 seconds ago but this team runs the ball and grinds the clock.. yes the Graham addition might steal a TD or 2 maybe 3 but this is still a Lynch based team...

7. DeMarco Murray.. Welcome a cut and go runner to a Chip Kelly Offense, people talk about the O-Line in Dallas, Philly has a pretty dam good O-Line and a solid offensive scheme to go with it. I see a slight drop off due to the way Chip spreads the ball and how he will rotate Matthews and Sproles in..

8. Arian Foster.. This Guy is also one of those that if Healthy can be considered a top 5 yes he lost AJ but dam Hopkins is a solid WR. With solid QB play he could vault into the Top 5...

9. LeSean McCoy.. As a philly guy hated seeing you leave town, but I understood why his salary just made him expendable.. In Buffalo he will do what he did before juke, slash and run his way to some yards and TD's. The only downside is his QB..EJ?? cmon really Defenses can focus on him and force EJ to beat him that's what will hold McCoy back imo.

10. CJ Anderson running backs in a Peyton Manning offense tend to do well, if he can stay healthy and keep this job he should crack the top 10.

11. Jeremy Hill.. Loved him as a rookie, plays in a solid system could share time with Gio but has the offense and skill players around him to warrant a top 10 finish.

12. Justin Forsett.. Dude came out and just balled.. no if ands or buts not flashy just gets the job done, could without a doubt outperform this spot only time will tell...

13. Lamar Miller... I have him lower then last year just based on the improvement of the total RB corp, showed he can carry the load and make things happen..

14. Frank Gore.. Just love what he moved into, Great QB, Solid WR's and Good TE's oh and look a top RB look out Defenses this team can beat you so many ways...

15. Mark Ingram should be the focal point of this team running attack with some help from CJ spiller to give him a breather...

At this point with how thin the running back class is I am looking to load up early and add in WR talent as it falls..as far as rookies all three guys Yeldon, Gurley and Gordon have great talent lets see what camp brings if gurley is PUP'd then he should drop.. Gordon landed on a good team and could flourish and Yeldon landed with a young and up incoming team..

Nice list and commentary, good contribtuion Nicdolas

Yea that was a great job .

tl;dr

but here is my predicted order of finish, ppr:

Lacy

Charles

Foster

LBell

Miller

Shady

Forte

Gordon

Ingram

JBell

HTH

tl;dr

Lacy

Charles

Foster

LBell

Miller

Shady

Forte

Gordon

Ingram

JBell

HTH

Expecting an ADP injury?

tl;dr

Lacy

Charles

Foster

LBell

Miller

Shady

Forte

Gordon

Ingram

JBell

What do you think happens to Peterson Anderson and Lynch ?

HTH

I'm biased on Jeremy Hill so I'll spare the flowery praise. But here is an interesting hard stat about his 2014 season:

"Pop quiz: Which running back led the NFL in rushing yards and yards per carry in the second half of the 2014 season?
It wasn't Offensive Player of the Year DeMarco Murray. It wasn't serial tackle-breaker Marshawn Lynch. It wasn't dual-threat Le'Veon Bell.
It was Cincinnati Bengals rookie Jeremy Hill, who is poised to break out as a household name in 2015."

If Green can stay healthy as well as Gio both will eat into Hill's production imo.. Still think he is a solid option I am just lowering my expectations on him slightly.

I'm expecting RB2 numbers from Hill as my 7th round keeper. If I get anything more it's just gravy. I feel like that's a conservative estimation and I will still be looking for a RB1. I think this prevents me from being behind the 8 ball should Hill disappoint, because it is a little tempting to pass on the backs early because I already have Hill in my back pocket.

Expecting an ADP injury?

- documented on this bored are my bets against him in both '13 and '14.

there's a malevolent air swirling around this doosh nozzle, and i want no part of his chicanery and monkey shines ... wouldn't root for his stupid arse if ya paid me.

much like betting against the heavy favorite at the track ... as the saying goes 'if he beats me, so be it'

let him go for 3,000 and 30 ... but it won't ever be on my roster. fock him.

betting against him the past 2 seasons paid off for me ... had first overall pick in '13, and took Charles over AsshatP, won me the title.

second pick last year, and took Forte (Shady was first pick) ... no title, but lost in semis ... had i drafted this fockin' clown AsshatP, i prolly would've gone 3-10.

as i said, i'll keep betting against him.

HTH :banana: