Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Several teams preparing to make Patriots a blockbuster offer for Jimmy Garoppolo

im not saying Jimmy G is a bust but the thing is, this has all played out before. Matt Cassell got the same learning experience that Jimmy has received. We also so Brock Osweiler get to learn from another HoF QB in Denver.....

Some team will overpay up front for him because of the need for QBs in the NFL and in 2-3 years it will either look like a steal or a waste

Matt Cassell was a backup in college for christ sakes, he never focking played (192 career yards) and was drafted in the 7th focking round.

Jimmy G threw for 13000 focking yards and was drafted in the 2nd round.

Fock you guys are obtuse.

Teams should go after Kirk Cousins, unless they think they can get them next year in a bidding war...

This is actually isn't a bad idea.. I'd rather have Cousins than JImmy G... At 28 years old, I'd offer him a 3 year deal, with an option for another.

This is actually isn't a bad idea.. I'd rather have Cousins than JImmy G... At 28 years old, I'd offer him a 3 year deal, with an option for another.

you have to pay Cousins, A LOT.

Garopollo is still under contract for another year

Matt Cassell was a backup in college for christ sakes, he never focking played (192 career yards) and was drafted in the 7th focking round.

Jimmy G threw for 13000 focking yards and was drafted in the 2nd round.

Fock you guys are obtuse.

read where i said specifically that i was NOT saying Jimmy would be a bust.

doesn't mean I can't explain to others why there is skepticism around giving up the farm for a backup coming from a world class system.

you have to pay Cousins, A LOT.

Garopollo is still under contract for another year

Not if he gets traded

read where i said specifically that i was NOT saying Jimmy would be a bust.

doesn't mean I can't explain to others why there is skepticism around giving up the farm for a backup coming from a world class system.

but you're comparing him to a guy that never played in college.

if you want to feign "the system" for cassell. YES, the Patriots hoodwinked the Chiefs with him. (2nd round draft pick)

Not if he gets traded

:huh:

are contracts null and void now when you're traded in the NFL?

I know players better than most people. I think it's a great move and I would be ecstatic if the Bears got him for a 1st and 2nd. If he is a franchise qb the deal is worth it. I think he is a franchise qb and would take the Bears to a playoff contender. Get it done Pace!

• Like 1

but you're comparing him to a guy that never played in college.

if you want to feign "the system" for cassell. YES, the Patriots hoodwinked the Chiefs with him. (2nd round draft pick)

i also mentioned Brock. similar situation. Got to learn under Manning and play on a team where a great defense and great offensive weapons masked his deficiencies in a limited sample size.

for the pats you just swap out the great D and offensive weapons (even though theirs are not too shabby) and replace it with system and HC.

If he is a franchise qb the deal is worth it.

yeah, obviously....

:huh:

are contracts null and void now when you're traded in the NFL?

No, but a team would have to be straight up stupid not to have as a condition of the trade that Jimmy G has to agree to a new multi year deal. If not they could in essence find them selves in the same boat as Wash with Cousins. His contract ends in a year and then he will have all of the power when it comes time to negotiate his second contract, they either pay big or FT him

i also mentioned Brock. similar situation. Got to learn under Manning and play on a team where a great defense and great offensive weapons masked his deficiencies in a limited sample size.

I'm not even an NFL scout, or have anything to do with the NFL and I knew Brock's throwing motion was horsesh1t.

Fock, he wasn't even good enough to play over Noodlearm Manning

Cap considerations aside, Houston would be the best fit. But look what happened to the last guy they brought in to take them to the next level.

The other teams listed don't have enough talent on either side of the ball to help Jimmy G succeed in the near term.

I'm not even an NFL scout, or have anything to do with the NFL and I knew Brock's throwing motion was horsesh1t.

Fock, he wasn't even good enough to play over Noodlearm Manning

i didn't think Brock was anything either but teams without QB's will overpay at the slightest sniff of one.

I think Jimmy is better than Brock but I also don't think he is a sure fire top 15 QB in the NFL.

i didn't think Brock was anything either but teams without QB's will overpay at the slightest sniff of one.

I think Jimmy is better than Brock but I also don't think he is a sure fire top 15 QB in the NFL.

100% :thumbsup:

Brady is the oldest player in the league. The mere fact that they're trading Garapolo should tell you that they don't consider him to be special.

This might be to smartest thing you have said all year.

Cap considerations aside, Houston would be the best fit. But look what happened to the last guy they brought in to take them to the next level.

The other teams listed don't have enough talent on either side of the ball to help Jimmy G succeed in the near term.

Bill O'brien wasn't there when they signed Brock.

Brady said he wants to play till he's 45. You think they should hang onto Garopollo for how long?

lets assume Brady plays 2 more years.

you can't pay 2 QB's

HTH

This is why people should listen to me on these subjects. The Bears have a lot of talent on their roster. They will have one of the best interior oline in the league. They have a young defense who ranked pretty good against the pass, spite having a bunch of young nobody's in the secondary. Their linebackers core has some young upside. They probably have the right receivers in place. Meredith is a stud and a true #1. Kevin White still has the potential to be a #1. It's building on the Bears. Garappolo makes them a playoff contender instantly.

Brady said he wants to play till he's 45. You think they should hang onto Garopollo for how long?

lets assume Brady plays 2 more years.

you can't pay 2 QB's

HTH

What Brady says and does COULD be 2 different things. Injury and, dare I say, a suspension is always a possibility where G would be nice to have.

What Brady says and does COULD be 2 different things. Injury and, dare I say, a suspension is always a possibility where G would be nice to have.

18 years, injured once. Good odds there.

Yeah, let's hang onto a potential #1 pick IN CASE of injury :wacko:

after this year Garopollo's contract is up. What then? 28 million for a franchise tag? BRILLIANT!

18 years, injured once. Good odds there.

Yeah, let's hang onto a potential #1 pick IN CASE of injury :wacko:

after this year Garopollo's contract is up. What then? 28 million for a franchise tag? BRILLIANT!

Just because it's the smartest thing Newbie said this year doesn't mean it all that smart. Ok..

Just because it's the smartest thing Newbie said this year doesn't mean it all that smart. Ok..

:first:

Exactly why he won't get traded without signing a new contract with the new team

Exactly why he won't get traded without signing a new contract with the new team

That is 100% up to the team that trades for him

I know players better than most people. I think it's a great move and I would be ecstatic if the Bears got him for a 1st and 2nd. If he is a franchise qb the deal is worth it. I think he is a franchise qb and would take the Bears to a playoff contender. Get it done Pace!

A first and a second? I'm not listening to you now.

yeah, obviously....

People talk like it's a hands down bad deal. They neglect to acknowledge he could be a franchise qb. So I feel it necessary to point out the obvious

And although it's only February, there's a good chance that will remain there.

Thanks Goodell, suspending Brady was the best thing that could happen to the pats!!! :first: :overhead:

This for sure. Now they will make a bundle off of the latest Matt Cassell they ship off.

The Pats are win now with Brady's age. If they get a top 5 freaking pick, that's just insane for the SB Champs to have. Their only other option is to sign Garappolo to starter money, while Brady is still on the roster.

The smart move would be to trade Brady and let Jimmy start next year.

I said that during last season.

I was wrong. you're even more wrong

I don't like QB's (or any player for that matter) that get their shot to prove something then go out and get injured. Jimmy G will disappoint.

I don't like QB's (or any player for that matter) that get their shot to prove something then go out and get injured. Jimmy G will disappoint.

That was a pretty bad hit he took to the shoulder. I think it shows his body is tougher than most since a lot of guys would have been done for a long period, if not all year. Now I know he didn't play again, so who knows how long the injury took to heal. Still the fact that he was even a possible option two weeks later says a lot.

I said that during last season.

I was wrong. you're even more wrong

I get that everyone thinks that Brady is a robot and can't get old, and the Pats won the Super Bowl last year, so they'll win every year, but when you reach that cliff, it all goes downhill fast.

That was a pretty bad hit he took to the shoulder. I think it shows his body is tougher than most since a lot of guys would have been done for a long period, if not all year. Now I know he didn't play again, so who knows how long the injury took to heal. Still the fact that he was even a possible option two weeks later says a lot.

That's one thing he could learn from Brady. Never leave the pocket and turtle up win someone is about to hit you. Then, of course, complain to the ref that you got hit.

I get that everyone thinks that Brady is a robot and can't get old, and the Pats won the Super Bowl last year, so they'll win every year, but when you reach that cliff, it all goes downhill fast.

Can't pay 2 QBs and you're not letting the greatest of all go before his decline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsiEOj2VpFs

Can't pay 2 QBs and you're not letting the greatest of all go before his decline.

They actually probably could with how well they manage their salary cap

They actually probably could with how well they manage their salary cap

the reason they are always there is they don't waste money paying players they can find to do it for less

less than 0 chance BB pays 2 QBS. NFC