Sign in to follow this  
Skurzilla

Football Strategy Game

Guys, we have a Kickstarter page for our new Football Strategy MMO game. Please let us know what you think??

rook, you may not be aware that this bored has rules about advertising on the boreds (short version: knock it off).

rook, you may not be aware that this bored has rules about advertising on the boreds (short version: knock it off).

I appreciate your feedback, but this is not an advertisement. My business is basically creating a Fantasy Football MMO (this is a Fantasy Football forum) and I was hoping to gather peoples opinions. Thank you

I appreciate your feedback, but this is not an advertisement. My business is basically creating a Fantasy Football MMO (this is a Fantasy Football forum) and I was hoping to gather peoples opinions. Thank you

You're advertising and asking for money. And the game looks like ######, why would anyone donate 17.5k dollars to you when the only information you can give is, fantasy football is huge and simulations games are popular. We'll take everything you do in the simulator version of madden, and mix it with achievements from WoW. And we stutter a lot in the video we made to ask for your money on kickstarter.

Mmmmmm, good luck on your BUSINESS. But, I'll decline to invest in that business seeing as you seem confused as to what is and what is not advertising. Hint: this is it!

setting aside the whole 'is this advertising?' thing (which I've already covered), it strikes me that your system needs to have a salary cap imposed on each team. Otherwise it's just an arms race. Doesn't take a lot of strategy if I can virtually create the best who ever played at every position, so long as I have enough credits. Then it's just a question of who has more credits. Which is boring.

For example, I could buy tons and tons of credits to create a virtual RB I'll name Jimbo Brownski. Jimbo measures up at 6'2", 227 pounds, runs a 40 yd dash in 3.8 seconds, can bench press 225 lbs. 58 times, and routinely carries three defenders into the end zone. Last year he rushed 235 times for 3,057 yards and 44 TDs. Jimbo attributes his incredible success to a precise regimen of HGH pills dissolved in Red Bull, climbing Russian mountains in winter to develop leg strength, and some sort of fish paralyzer injected on game days that numbs his nerve endings.

setting aside the whole 'is this advertising?' thing (which I've already covered), it strikes me that your system needs to have a salary cap imposed on each team. Otherwise it's just an arms race. Doesn't take a lot of strategy if I can virtually create the best who ever played at every position, so long as I have enough credits. Then it's just a question of who has more credits. Which is boring.

For example, I could buy tons and tons of credits to create a virtual RB I'll name Jimbo Brownski. Jimbo measures up at 6'2", 227 pounds, runs a 40 yd dash in 3.8 seconds, can bench press 225 lbs. 58 times, and routinely carries three defenders into the end zone. Last year he rushed 235 times for 3,057 yards and 44 TDs. Jimbo attributes his incredible success to a precise regimen of HGH pills dissolved in Red Bull, climbing Russian mountains in winter to develop leg strength, and some sort of fish paralyzer injected on game days that numbs his nerve endings.

I would like to learn more about these fish paralyzers.

Would you also be interested in being commish of a fft dynasty league?

Would you also be interested in being commish of a fft dynasty league?

I thought you were taking that gig.. :dunno:

I would like to learn more about these fish paralyzers.

Any authentic Chinese grocery store will have them, right next to the Sriracha paste. Of course, those have been stepped on several times by middlemen. If you want the good stuff, you need a connection overseas.

Sounds like you all wouldn't be interested in a game like this. I will have to search elsewhere for an ideal place to spend future advertising budgets.

Sounds like you all wouldn't be interested in a game like this. I will have to search elsewhere for an ideal place to spend future advertising budgets.

what the $237 you raised so far :dunno:

So you are just here to gather opinions, but not opinions that youre game looks like a pile of ######. And not opinions of things they think you should be sure to add that aren't there. Clearly, you didn't just want to advertise your game concept.

you want some real advice? Here you go.

the payoff in fantasy football comes when the real-life games are played out and either those games show (a) we drafted, traded for and started guys smartly, or (B) we did not. But the key is that we get validation one way or another.

What it sounds like your league is doing is creating an entirely virtual world. So where's the validation? From some black box computer that decides who won and who lost? That's not interesting. Maybe it works for guys who like to play World of Warfare, but then again, if a military battle is your thing, then unlike football, it's not like there's a readily available real-life substitute, is there?

Bottom line, I'm not sure who this league is supposed to appeal to. Anyone who wants to simulate the league experience even more than a typioal redraft league can already do it via dynasty leagues, salary caps, contract renewals, etc. - within the context of a normal FF league.

If you've only gotten about 2% of your required budget, that should tell you something.

You're advertising and asking for money. And the game looks like ######, why would anyone donate 17.5k dollars to you when the only information you can give is, fantasy football is huge and simulations games are popular. We'll take everything you do in the simulator version of madden, and mix it with achievements from WoW. And we stutter a lot in the video we made to ask for your money on kickstarter.

Ouch. That left a mark.

Thats how every MMO works. Skill means nothing, the loser who has spent 10,000 hours acquiring the latest and baddest magic sword or whatever dominates.

I played WoW for a while... then I hit max level and figured out that from there it is spending the rest of your natural life farming things and grinding reputation and doing the same dungeons over and over. As long as sleep and masturbation are still viable time wasters, I'll pass.

Ouch. That left a mark.

Thats how every MMO works. Skill means nothing, the loser who has spent 10,000 hours acquiring the latest and baddest magic sword or whatever dominates.

I played WoW for a while... then I hit max level and figured out that from there it is spending the rest of your natural life farming things and grinding reputation and doing the same dungeons over and over. As long as sleep and masturbation are still viable time wasters, I'll pass.

LOL