Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Rudnicki

2016 Off-Season Dynasty Trades

Would think a thread devoted to completed trade discussion in a vacuum for all would really be helpful.

It really helps guage the value of players for dynasty value in the off season.

Post any trades for the "who won the trade" review here.

Some from a league I am in...

Nobody has any other trades to post? Man, some of you must not be in leagues like I. We see a trade almost every other day.

This is helpful, even the most trivial of trades can provide insight for others.

I'm trying to get WR Allen Robinson. The guy who has him also has Maclin and E Sanders.

A few trades have been completed. Eddie Lacy was acquired for a 3rd rd b/u pick. ODBJ was acquired for 2 b/u picks.

I'm trying to get WR Allen Robinson. The guy who has him also has Maclin and E Sanders.

A few trades have been completed. Eddie Lacy was acquired for a 3rd rd b/u pick. ODBJ was acquired for 2 b/u picks.

Forgive me, maybe I am just what is "b/u"?

I love seeing people panic on Lacy, you would think the person who traded Lacy never played fantasy before.

His adp is going to be very low for redraft, and just like Martin, after he gets betetr and drops a few pounds he will be back to the RB that everyone had in the Top 5 at RB this year.

Forgive me, maybe I am just what is "b/u"?

I love seeing people panic on Lacy, you would think the person who traded Lacy never played fantasy before.

His adp is going to be very low for redraft, and just like Martin, after he gets betetr and drops a few pounds he will be back to the RB that everyone had in the Top 5 at RB this year.

My league is an auction style league. We bid on starters. Then, when selecting backup players, it is more of the traditional pick style. So, some owners covet backup picks to try to get good depth. We were 12 team this year, but there a definite 1 new owner, but they're trying to added a 2nd to bring it to 14 teams next year.

My league is an auction style league. We bid on starters. Then, when selecting backup players, it is more of the traditional pick style. So, some owners covet backup picks to try to get good depth. We were 12 team this year, but there a definite 1 new owner, but they're trying to added a 2nd to bring it to 14 teams next year.

So Lacy was traded for a 3rd round back up pick?

All due respect if that is your trade, but that is the lowest value I have seen for Lacy.

All due respect if that is your trade, but that is the lowest value I have seen for Lacy.

More insane was OBJ being acquired for two backup picks. Really?

More insane was OBJ being acquired for two backup picks. Really?

:lol:

I wasnt touching that one, I think that was a given for how outlandish.

While low for Lacy, that seems like more to discuss.

I have an offer out right now where I would send Devante Freeman and Kamar Aiken and receive David Johnson, Allen Hurns, and Karlos Williams.

No, I traded away Lacy during the season for Jamal Charles. So, my starting RBs next year will be Charles (assuming he recovers ok) and Doug Martin. I could keep Lamar Miller, but I wouldn't do that unless he landed via free agency to a team with a great offensive line like maybe the Cowboys.

I have an offer out right now where I would send Devante Freeman and Kamar Aiken and receive David Johnson, Allen Hurns, and Karlos Williams.

I'd never accept that...

Which part?

I'd never give up DJ, Karlos, and Hurns for those two guys. DJ on his own could net a nice haul from an overzealous owner. Hurns himself, while not as valuable as A-Rob, is still a decent commodity. And as for Karlos, I'm very bullish on his future and own him on both my dynasty squads.

I'm not big on Devonta Freeman as it pertains to dynasty, despite his performance this year. Yes he'll be in Atlanta for the next two seasons, but I do think that Tevin Coleman will eventually figure some things out and get some carries. I actually like Coleman as a nice sleeper next season in re-draft. As for Aiken, I think the skills are there, but I think it's a coin flip between he and Hurns personally. So in essence, you're trading DJ and Karlos for Freeman. Meh...

Having said that, if you can net that in that trade, kudos :thumbsup:

Nobody has any other trades to post? Man, some of you must not be in leagues like I. We see a trade almost every other day.

This is helpful, even the most trivial of trades can provide insight for others.

Quite a few regular posters here actually play in dynasty leagues together. As soon as trading is open in some of them, this thread might get a bit more livelier.

Trading is not yet open in most of the leagues I participate, here is 1 that is however.

Jan 14

Allen Robinson for

Jeffrey

Bernard

3rd rd pick

This is a start 2 RB, 3WR league with 1 flex.......full PPR..........small bonus for 100 yd rushing or rec.

It is a contract league with players limited to 3 straight years on a regular roster and the Jeffrey owner had reached the max so had motivation to get something done but its a very, very active league so a discount for liquidity doesn't come into play for the most part on marquee players.

I personally thought it was a pretty even deal that was good for both teams, the ARob seller owned no picks, thus had no other way to improve roster depth and was just going to be another year older...................... but I am curious to hear other opinions.

While I thought it was pretty even, if one don't discount Jeffrey at all for nagging injuries (and rumored poor work ethic), losing Gase, potential FA movement, and don't ding Bernard for his situation I can see some thinking it was a big win for that side. I do think if you boil it down to pure prospect talent regardless of likely near term production its a winner for the ARob seller.

Also I am very interested to hear any trades that involve 2016 1st round picks as we all try to gauge their market value so posting any trades involving these picks is appreciated.

I'd never give up DJ, Karlos, and Hurns for those two guys. DJ on his own could net a nice haul from an overzealous owner. Hurns himself, while not as valuable as A-Rob, is still a decent commodity. And as for Karlos, I'm very bullish on his future and own him on both my dynasty squads.

I'm not big on Devonta Freeman as it pertains to dynasty, despite his performance this year. Yes he'll be in Atlanta for the next two seasons, but I do think that Tevin Coleman will eventually figure some things out and get some carries. I actually like Coleman as a nice sleeper next season in re-draft. As for Aiken, I think the skills are there, but I think it's a coin flip between he and Hurns personally. So in essence, you're trading DJ and Karlos for Freeman. Meh...

Having said that, if you can net that in that trade, kudos :thumbsup:

I gotcha, and I agree, but this guy is a huge Falcon fan and has been trying to get Freeman all year, that's why I'm trying to get everything I can. Fingers crossed.

Trading is not yet open in most of the leagues I participate, here is 1 that is however.

Jan 14

Allen Robinson for

Jeffrey

Bernard

3rd rd pick

This is a start 2 RB, 3WR league with 1 flex.......full PPR..........small bonus for 100 yd rushing or rec.

I think this is a solid return for Robinson. :ninja:

I think this is a solid return for Robinson. :ninja:

LOL, I would have bet your first answer would be......"Close, but it just needs a little more on the Jeffrey side to push me over....." :P

LOL, I would have bet your first answer would be......"Close, but it just needs a little more on the Jeffrey side to push me over....." :P

Had I been at the negotiating table, yes. Yes it would have

Also I am very interested to hear any trades that involve 2016 1st round picks as we all try to gauge their market value so posting any trades involving these picks is appreciated.

Dont give Les any more ammo!!! Im kidding of course.

• Like 1

12 teamer ppr.I had picks 7 and 8. I'm not too high on this years draft class, so I dealt #8 for a 2017 first and K.C. defense.

I've pretty much tunnel visioned in on 1 guy, so if he's not there with my 7 pick, I'll probably try dealing that for another 2017 first on draft day.

we keep 26 players.

I traded the 5th pick in the rookie draft for Kennan Allen.

The fifth pick was subsequently traded for L. Murray and J. Ajayi

that is it so far this off season.

jdon

12 teamer ppr.I had picks 7 and 8. I'm not too high on this years draft class, so I dealt #8 for a 2017 first and K.C. defense.

I've pretty much tunnel visioned in on 1 guy, so if he's not there with my 7 pick, I'll probably try dealing that for another 2017 first on draft day.

I understand where you are coming from with that Kopy.

I know you are pretty experienced and know what you are doing but FWIW something I've come around to is even when I feel that way now about a draft I hang onto the pick until closer to draft day or during the draft itself and try to nab a later round pick in the area of a flier I want to take a shot on (Thomas Rawls anyone?) in addition to next years 1st.

I'll be interested to hear who your guy is and share notes when the time gets closer. I won't have much to share from my end until a month or so after the combine though.

we keep 26 players.

I traded the 5th pick in the rookie draft for Kennan Allen.

The fifth pick was subsequently traded for L. Murray and J. Ajayi

that is it so far this off season.

jdon

Thanks jdon, I like your pick trade for KA, not a fan of that next deal, but it could certainly work out...I understand the thinking.

I understand where you are coming from with that Kopy.

I know you are pretty experienced and know what you are doing but FWIW something I've come around to is even when I feel that way now about a draft I hang onto the pick until closer to draft day or during the draft itself and try to nab a later round pick in the area of a flier I want to take a shot on (Thomas Rawls anyone?) in addition to next years 1st.

I'll be interested to hear who your guy is and share notes when the time gets closer. I won't have much to share from my end until a month or so after the combine though.

I'll definitely be around. And I love hearing the input you and giraldi02 bring to the dynasty discussions.

Combe combine time my interest definitely picks up, and I turn into a junkie that needs his fix, so I'm sure my enthusiasm will pick up at least a little more.

This year is weird for me. Even if there is a position or 2 I don't really care for, there is something out there that intrists me. This year across the fantasy board, qb, rb, wr, te, really nothing.

Last year could be the best draft class I ever had. I started with no picks in a 3 round rookie/fa draft and nothing at rb.

I traded AJ Green for 3 firsts and Victor Cruz(who I think will be pretty good again this year).

With the 3 picks in round 1. Drafted David Cobb, David Johnson, and Matt Jones.

Then traded David Cobb to the Bishop Sankey owner (he'd been talking him up all off season) for his 2 seconds and 2 thirds.

Used the seconds on Karlos Williams and Tyler Lockett. And the thirds on Thomas Rawls and Stefon Diggs.

I was laughed out of the draft.

I'll definitely be around. And I love hearing the input you and giraldi02 bring to the dynasty discussions.

Combe combine time my interest definitely picks up, and I turn into a junkie that needs his fix, so I'm sure my enthusiasm will pick up at least a little more.

This year is weird for me. Even if there is a position or 2 I don't really care for, there is something out there that intrists me. This year across the fantasy board, qb, rb, wr, te, really nothing.

You don't like anything in this years draft class? Wow, I'd have to disagree.

You don't like anything in this years draft class? Wow, I'd have to disagree.

That might be alittle over reaction on my part. There is alot of interesting prospects. But I just don't see game changers this year.

From my perspective, all the top TE talent stayed in school.

There are a couple QB's that have peeked my curiosity, but until the combine, and then the draft comes. No one that looks like a can't miss guy to me.

My favorite WR stayed in school (I didn't see that coming). Most guys seem like smaller or under weight slot guys or just straight line burners to me. The consensus #1 is Treadwell. I like him, but not sure I see a #1 guy in him. To me he's more like a really good #2 compliment to a stud on the other side. Plus, unless you have a top 2 dyno pick, your not gonna get him.

And for the all important RB'S. I liked last year's class much better. And anyone that I think could be a game changer wasn't eligible to come out this year.

Like I said above, come combine time I'll be much more enthused. But for right now I think the play might be to trade for next year.

I just want to add 1 more thing. I want to make sure people don't think I'm bashing Treadwell, or think he can't play. But when I compare him to a Josh Doctson for example. I don't see much seperation in talent. But in draft position, Treadwell will be a 1 or a 2. While Doctson would be a mid first, unless someone's really high on him and grabs him at #4 maybe?

If I'm drafting at 1 or 2, I'd like a can't miss stud, not someone who's got the same talent as the rest of the first round.

I just want to add 1 more thing. I want to make sure people don't think I'm bashing Treadwell, or think he can't play. But when I compare him to a Josh Doctson for example. I don't see much seperation in talent. But in draft position, Treadwell will be a 1 or a 2. While Doctson would be a mid first, unless someone's really high on him and grabs him at #4 maybe?

If I'm drafting at 1 or 2, I'd like a can't miss stud, not someone who's got the same talent as the rest of the first round.

I agree right now there doesn't appear to be that transcendent top of the first round talent other than maybe Elliot, but their are quite a few guys who might fall in your draft to the late first early second. I really like guys like Tyler Boyd, Dalvin Cook, Booker and a few more. I'd be looking to move down but gather more picks in this draft.

I agree right now there doesn't appear to be that transcendent top of the first round talent other than maybe Elliot, but their are quite a few guys who might fall in your draft to the late first early second. I really like guys like Tyler Boyd, Dalvin Cook, Booker and a few more. I'd be looking to move down but gather more picks in this draft.

Are you a big combine guy?

Over the last couple years, we've actually had alot more dynasty rookie input around here and have gotten some pretty good threads going.

As it pertains to Treadwell, I don't view him as a 1.01 rookie. And honestly, I don't view Zeke as one either. I think they'll be solid playmakers, but I just don't see elite differential between they and other rookies. A guy like Sterling Shepard could turn into an equal, if not better, pro wide receiver than Treadwell early out of the gates. Fuller has his limitations (particularly as it pertains to using his hands to snatch the ball out of the air), but his elite speed could result in some massive plays. Some of the under-the-radar running backs could hit too. A guy I keep coming back to is CJ Prosise. I honestly think he will be better than a lot of people give him credit for, and he could end up being on a quality team in the 2nd or 3rd round of the NFL draft.

I have the 1.02 in one dynasty, and honestly the value I have on that pick is likely nowhere near it's potential three months from now. But once that top 3-5 establishes itself, I'm willing to bet the rookie fever will hit full influenza. This is one of those drafts that I expect all sorts of trade offers...but from people looking to stockpile, not necessarily move up :unsure:

Did Dalvin Cook declare? I didn't think he was eligible. I had him as a 2017 target.

Did Dalvin Cook declare? I didn't think he was eligible. I had him as a 2017 target.

He was a sophomore this past season. He'll be in next year's NFL draft.

Are you a big combine guy?

Over the last couple years, we've actually had alot more dynasty rookie input around here and have gotten some pretty good threads going.

Yeah, I am. I play mainly dynasty now, and in a couple you are allowed to draft any college player and hold his rights until he comes into the NFL, do it really forces you to do your homework on college players.

Would think a thread devoted to completed trade discussion in a vacuum for all would really be helpful.

It really helps guage the value of players for dynasty value in the off season.

Post any trades for the "who won the trade" review here.

Some from a league I am in...

So no one gonna discuss these? Which side would you rather have?

So no one gonna discuss these? Which side would you rather have?

How about a little color on the league size, scoring, and lineup requirements, it always help me gauge value a bit better.

I'd take B,B,B. I don't care for Hyde. I like Austin even less, so I guess the pick would win for me.