Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Toys R Us to close doors

Thanks Amazon

:mad:

Maybe theyll open brick and mortar toy stores next year.

Okay, but they have to flip the "z" backwards in a whimsical fashion. :nono:

The good news is I can cross off 1 of the places I'm not allowed within 100 feet of :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Feel sorry for small businesses hurt by online sales, but enjoy seeing big companies go down. After many rich decades selling Americans over-priced crap with limited competition, now if they don't offer fair market prices, they go bankrupt. Comupance.

What kid will want to play with bricks and mortar? This isn't Afghanistan.

• Like 1

Feel sorry for small businesses hurt by online sales, but enjoy seeing big companies go down. After many rich decades selling Americans over-priced crap with limited competition, now if they don't offer fair market prices, they go bankrupt. Comupance.

I suspect TrU is getting clobbered by online retailers like Amazon.

Presume this includes Babies R Us. The combo baby/toys near me is nice. The old toys r us was a hole

I had no problem using the gift cards. The store was still fully stocked, but the bikes will probably be gone within the first few days it looks like.

I had no problem using the gift cards. The store was still fully stocked, but the bikes will probably be gone within the first few days it looks like.

Is everything heavily on sale?

Is everything heavily on sale?

Almost nothing was on sale, but I still wanted to use the gift cards while they were good.

So what happens to the giraffe?

I've heard they taste like chicken.

I've heard they taste like chicken.

Savage

TrU was doing okay I'm sure they hoped to do better but it's not like they didn't have a healthy web presences. They are just drowning in debt when they had a leveraged buyout back in 05-06. That sh1t has come due and they can't pay it.

We were able to get a nice rocker for our nursery for about $300. It was a $599 rocker.

I'll take it!

Hard to believe these two events arent related.

just read where the 94 year old founder of Toys R Us died today.

We were able to get a nice rocker for our nursery for about $300. It was a $599 rocker.

I'll take it!

it was actually a 299 rocker, marked up to 599 and on sale for 300

Wife just brought to kids to the one near me. Only 10% sales, they will close mid May. Not a firesale yet

Hard to believe these two events arent related.

just read where the 94 year old founder of Toys R Us died today.

They were probably holding on until he passed out of respect for him

Realistically, it will be at least a year before I can assess its success or failure.

I do well now without partnering up with Amazon. But, I cans see the future of retail evolving.

Theres a certain price point in my biz at which people still feel compelled to actually see and touch the product in person.

Add that to the fact that 75% of online shoppers say that a category expert would be helpful in making online product selections.

So it works like this:

A guy near me in Michigan goes to Amazon and searches for tile, my Amazon Page comes up showing whatever products Ive decided to show there. He can contact me directly and purchase thru Amazon. Amazon gets a commission just like any other sales rep of mine would get commission.

Hard to see a downside unless Amazon eventuallly gets too greedy and wants a bigger cut.

Once hes made contact, I can also sell him our installation services, which can also be purchased thru Amazon. Amazon requires all service providers to be background checked.

The client is assured a quality installation from a local guy, backed by Amazon.

Trump is babbling about Amazon again. Monopolies, skirting sales taxes. Anything to see here?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-escalates-attack-amazon-slams-122829335.html