Photo

The gov. shutdown spotlights a bigger issue: 78% of US workers live paycheck to paycheck

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 70,052 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:23 PM

Go to the bank and get a loan. Crazy, right?

Hey baby sitter, my credit sucks. could you go to the bank and get a loan to pay yourself to watch my kids because I quit my job? I promise I'll pay you back! Interest? No that's not in your contract.
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#122 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,100 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:39 PM

Hey baby sitter, my credit sucks. could you go to the bank and get a loan to pay yourself to watch my kids because I quit my job? I promise I'll pay you back! Interest? No that's not in your contract.

Your credit sucks and you haven't missed a paycheck in years? That's on you hombre.

#123 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 70,052 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:40 PM

Your credit sucks and you haven't missed a paycheck in years? That's on you hombre.

Keep up. That's the gov.
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#124 vuduchile

vuduchile

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,360 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:32 AM

So honest to God, you have a choice between a job to pay 60 Grand and 85 Grand. Obviously you go for 85 Grand. And then six months into it, your new employer says well gosh we can't get our ###### together, we're going to have to furlough you. Think of it as a vacation!

you took the 85 because that's what it took to feed your family and pay your bills. What? You're expecting them to send a thank you card to incompetent management?

Have you ever had your hours cut? Did you ###### celebrate?

God, the worst part? I can't believe this is a ###### conversation.

These guys were given the option of taking voluntary time off without pay? Yeah, ###### them. That's not what this is.

Many govt agencies are bloated and inefficient. By extension, so are many of the people effected.

Its not financially convenient, but I cant support paying these folks back pay for not working when so many of them shouldnt be there in the first place.

#125 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,554 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:31 PM

Open season for terrorists to fly in now that TSA is either not working or not caring cuz they arent getting paid.

#126 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,100 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:53 PM

Open season for terrorists to fly in now that TSA is either not working or not caring cuz they arent getting paid.

Fly in from where?

#127 Strike

Strike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 28,567 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

Because the TSA is effective?  :lol:

2008 Geek Bored Football Pick'em Champion

#128 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,554 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

Fly in from where?

Places? Other places in the world?

#129 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,100 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:54 PM

Places? Other places in the world?

TSA doesn't operate in other places. HTH.