Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Pizza

Where I live there is really only Little Ceasers & Dominoes and lame azz frozen pizzas.

I'm jonesing for good pizza, is there a frozen pizza that's worth a crap? Or maybe some good dough that I can buy to make a more expensive pizza at home?

:dunno:

btw........Thin Crust is for puzzies! :P

I like a HUSKY Pizza....

Thick Crust

Lots of Sauce

Lots of Cheese

Lots of Meat

Lots of Toppings

Lots of Garlic & Herbs

is that so wrong? :dunno:

• Like 1

The digiorno is about the best if you want thicker crust. California pizza kitchen is pretty good if thin is ok.

But frozen pizza generally is a poor substitute. No way around it.

Depends on if the grocery stores where you live have premade pizza dough. The food lion here makes the dough daily and bags it for you to buy. Same with the publix. If not you can make your own. Its not too hard. Hardest part is waiting around for the dough to rise

Depends on if the grocery stores where you live have premade pizza dough. The food lion here makes the dough daily and bags it for you to buy. Same with the publix. If not you can make your own. Its not too hard. Hardest part is waiting around for the dough to rise

How about the Piggly Wiggly?

His town only has two pizza places. You really think they have fresh dough at the grocery store? Its probably one of those fabled grocery stores with no fresh produce, the liberals tell us about.

Make your own. It's easier than you think.

I like those Stouffers French bread pizzas. Except I never wait for them to cool off, and burn the fock out of my mouth.

• Like 1

Seriously,

Chef Boyardee makes a pizza kit that comes with dough flour, sauce and Parmesan.

Add your own meats, veggies and cheese.

I double the dough recipe and make a cookie sheet sized pie.

With the Chefs help I make a pretty focking good pizza.

Home Run Inn is excellent for frozen pizza. Though it may only be available in the Chicago area

https://www.tastesofchicago.com

This site let's you order Lou Malnatis and have it shipped anywhere. It's expensive as fvck, but at least you get great pizza. Make someone get it as a gift for you.

Where I'm at in MD, there are quite a few decent pizza places. The issue though, they are all basically the same. Plus, the sauce is always lacking in flavor. One thin crust place from back home would put these out of business. Well, that's if people could handle eating small square pieces. These people have never had a slice that wasn't triangle

• Like 1

Home Run Inn is excellent for frozen pizza. Though it may only be available in the Chicago area

This site let's you order Lou Malnatis and have it shipped anywhere. It's expensive as fvck, but at least you get great pizza. Make someone get it as a gift for you.

Not Pizza.

Ditto on the Home Run Inn Frozen. Its better than Pizza Hut, Little Caesar, Papa John or Dominos.

Lous is also awesome for deep dish Chicago style pizza. Genos also makes a frozen one Ive seen in the grocery store.

Actually, it's really not that bad now that I think of it. Normally it's $25/ large sausage pizza. So $11 over isn't too bad of an extra charge imo. Plus, you can get legit 3, maybe even more 4 meals out of it

You don't know pizza then

Yeah, ok. That Chicago contraption is not Pizza. You'll find nothing like that anywhere in Italy. It's just made up by fat mid-westerners with too much cheese laying around.

Yeah, ok. That Chicago contraption is not Pizza. You'll find nothing like that anywhere in Italy. It's just made up by fat mid-westerners with too much cheese laying around.

Pretty much anything we call pizza isn't what was originally considered pizza in Italy

The digiorno is about the best if you want thicker crust. California pizza kitchen is pretty good if thin is ok.

true

The problem I've had with frozen pizza's is the lack of sauce. I do believe it was Digiorno that HAD my favorite pizza 10 years ago and that was a "stuffed sauce" pizza. It had extra sauce in the crust. I haven't been able to find it for years. :(

I'm starting to think this is the way to go, though buying all the ingredients and making one is more expensive. Also I will only have myself to blame if it's bad.

Look for a frozen brand called screaming Sicilian, it’s a cut above the rest.

I will, thanks :thumbsup:

Where the hell do you live? Hell itself has more than 2 pizza options.

Rural 'Merica

I guess there are a couple more options, but they're either overpriced imo and not any better or farther to drive.

Make your own. It's easier than you think.

I know right!?!

As a kid I used to just plaster some Ragu on toast with a slice of american cheese, it wasn't bad lol. As an adult I've done the same with better cheese & sauce on a bagle.

Totinos ftw

sometimes I do

Is that the really cheap, salty, flat crust stuff that you know is bad for you? lol......I love it but try to stay away from it.

Seriously,

Chef Boyardee makes a pizza kit that comes with dough flour, sauce and Parmesan.

Add your own meats, veggies and cheese.

I double the dough recipe and make a cookie sheet sized pie.

With the Chefs help I make a pretty focking good pizza.

It's been a long time, I guess I could try it again :dunno:

I've seen it before, and I do prefer a Midwestern deep dish style over a thin New York "pie".

• Like 1

I like those Stouffers French bread pizzas. Except I never wait for them to cool off, and burn the fock out of my mouth.

Hmmm yes, I haven't had one in along time. :thumbsup:

I like a HUSKY Pizza....

Thick Crust

Lots of Sauce

Lots of Cheese

Lots of Meat

Lots of Toppings

Lots of Garlic & Herbs

is that so wrong? :dunno:

I've seen it before, and I do prefer a Midwestern deep dish style over a thin New York "pie".

I think as a treat for yourself, it's worth the cost

i used to make my own (both deepdish and standard). safeway has a premade (it's so-so). we prefer trader joe's.

for frozen i used to enjoy california pizza kitchen until then went all thin crust. freschetta and degiorno are the goto when we want frozen. very rare we do frozen as we have several good places nearby and we are willing to pay more for it. while a cheap and easy dinner option, i have noticed that pizza is not longer "cheap."

edit: and if you want extra of whatever, just throw it on. find a sauce you like and just add it.

Publix typically does...and what I use.

Over the last year...PizzaHut and PapaJohns quit delivering to our house (odd since we are not out in the middle of nowhere). They suck anyway...kids like some of the stuffed crust crap (solved when I make it myself putting sting cheese cut in half and then fold the crust over it when making our own). But sometimes its just too easy to call and order when in a pinch and don't have the stuff at the house to make your own.

I prefer homemade...less crap and sugar in the sauce...can put on it exactly what I want. Kids enjoy helping put toppings and the cheese on.

Home Run Inn are one of the go-to frozen pizzas to have around the house. Publix has them about once a month on buy one get one and Ill pick up two to have in the freezer usually.