• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 65,233 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:02 PM

Saw a headline about hand-wringing over weather white kids should be allowed to wear the mask of this new superhero black raisin or whatever his fuking name is.

Is it cultural appropriation? Is it black face light?

For fucksake, we got black guys dressed up as every other white superhero. Black girls want to dress up like Daisy Ridley. We got black women dressed up as Wonder Woman, maybe just let kids be kids and wear whatever the fuk they want okay?

This God damn ###### is getting out of hand. If Hillary thinks she's going to ride this wave into the next election she can go fuc herself.
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#2 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 21,493 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:06 PM

That’s too much. Anyone can wear a black panther mask, that’s not appropriation.

#3 The Elevator Killer

The Elevator Killer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

Can they dress up like King Kong? If these PC idiots want to try to push their BS on adults it's one thing. But can we leave the kids and their bathrooms out of it?

When's the next band coming on man? It seems like decades since that cat played the guitar with his tongue. Damn I knocked over the bong again. 

#4 tubby_mcgee

tubby_mcgee

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:28 PM

Saw a headline about hand-wringing over weather white kids should be allowed to wear the mask of this new superhero black raisin or whatever his fuking name is.

For fucksake, we got black guys dressed up as every other white superhero. Black girls want to dress up like Daisy Ridley. We got black women dressed up as Wonder Woman, maybe just let kids be kids and wear whatever the fuk they want okay?

This God damn ###### is getting out of hand. If Hillary thinks she's going to ride this wave into the next election she can go fuc herself.

This is the world she and her lemmings want to create though. 

#5 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,680 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

I say we actually implement an annual purge

#6 The Elevator Killer

The Elevator Killer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

Don't give Mike any ideas. 

When's the next band coming on man? It seems like decades since that cat played the guitar with his tongue. Damn I knocked over the bong again. 

#7 Kanil

Kanil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

Where the fock do you hear all this ######?  Most of the stuff like this that you bring up, you're the only one I ever hear about it from.

#8 TimmySmith

TimmySmith

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,698 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

Where the fock do you hear all this ######?  Most of the stuff like this that you bring up, you're the only one I ever hear about it from.

The View, The Talk, Wendy.  Wiff's staples.

“We’ve fulfilled far more promises than we’ve promised,” the president said. “I call it promises plus.”

#9 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 65,233 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:34 PM

If you are an Olsen twin it's more of a nightly thing.

#10 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 65,233 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

Man, I've said this like seven thousand times. I rarely go into individual sites like CNN or fox or what the ###### ever. I use news aggregation sites like Google News which goes through and finds the most clicked or whatever stories in every single category.

Easy enough to find this stuff just by a lil research if you're interested, inclined.

#11 The Elevator Killer

The Elevator Killer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

He has an enquiring mind. 

#12 Kanil

Kanil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

Man, I've said this like seven thousand times. I rarely go into individual sites like CNN or fox or what the ###### ever. I use news aggregation sites like Google News which goes through and finds the most clicked or whatever stories in every single category.

Easy enough to find this stuff just by a lil research if you're interested, inclined.

I don't mean for this to come off as a personal attack although I couldn't find a way to type it differently and still get my point across.  I think you're letting yourself get worked up over a lot of nothing.  I dunno, maybe you feel like you're being persecuted and are overly sensitive to it.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is this.  You bring stuff like this in as though it's this widespread issue or some sort of indictment on today's society as a whole when the views represented are in the vast minority.  You find an article about some fringe group and turn it into, "this is what we are now" and it just reeks of some sort of superiority complex.

In this specific example, I grew up 8 blocks from 5 Points which means the majority of my friends from my youth are black and I can tell you that not one of them would ever say it's inappropriate for any person of any skin color to wear any superhero's outfit.  I dunno, maybe this "cultural appropriation" stuff is a middle aged Boulder hippy thing and way more widespread than I know about but I don't think so.

#13 Big Guy

Big Guy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,304 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

ANYBODY.......can dress up any way they want, and there ain't NOTHING anybody can do about it.   :mad:

Keep it that way!!!  :thumbsup:

#14 bboy1011

bboy1011

FF Geek

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

About 5 years ago at my sons school, they had a black Santa, He walked in, kids were like wtf. 

#15 Bad Santa

Bad Santa

FF Geek

• Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:12 PM

About 5 years ago at my sons school, they had a black Santa, He walked in, kids were like wtf. 

Word.  :bandana:

#16 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,849 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

Total BS. As if a black guy would live at the North Pole and not be banging them chick elves left and right.

#17 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 65,233 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

Man, next thing you know Kanil is going to try and tell us that he wasn't attacked by lions on the way to work today. Sheesh!

#18 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 65,233 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

Total BS. As if a black guy would live at the North Pole and not be banging them chick elves left and right.

Can you imagine a black Santa in Texas? He'd get shot before he ate his second Christmas cookie.

#19 The Elevator Killer

The Elevator Killer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:52 PM

Can you imagine a black Santa in Texas? He'd get shot before he ate his second Christmas cookie.

:lol:

#20 The Elevator Killer

The Elevator Killer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:58 PM

#21 kilroy69

kilroy69

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,647 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

I just ignore black people all together. Unless they are on my side of the street. then I cross so as to avoid them. 

Its still not a hummingbird.