Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Zoolander 2? Yay or nay?

I didn't even like Zoolander the original.

I'm going to say Nay.

Not to be all posty, but the first one sucked, can't imagine the second being any good.

Has there ever been a comedy where the sequel was on par with the first? Aside from the vacation movies, I can't think of one right now.

- sweet fancy Moses, just NO.

while I still consider Spike Lee and that Perry dude's sh1t as the absolute nadir in cinema, this is close.

People I know think the first one was comedic genius. I couldn't disagree more.

• Like 1

I hated the first one so I doubt I'll be checking this one out :dunno:

Although I do have a thing for Christine Taylor :wub:

Include me On the list of people who absolutely do not get What other people saw in this abortion of a movie. No effing way do I want to see a sequel to that piece of s***

I thought Zoolander was funny but I don't want another one.

Not to be all posty, but the first one sucked, can't imagine the second being any good.

Has there ever been a comedy where the sequel was on par with the first? Aside from the vacation movies, I can't think of one right now.

Posty just never sees anything. so you didn't go posty.

Ben stiller is adam sandler.

Poor man's Adam Sandler.

Sandler has some movies people love and will watch every time they come on. Does Stiller have 1 of those?

Poor man's Adam Sandler.

Sandler has some movies people love and will watch every time they come on. Does Stiller have 1 of those?

Good point.

I admit, I did watch Along Came Polly twice, because of Jennifer Anniston

Poor man's Adam Sandler.

Stiller had been solid in some non comedy roles over the past few years. I really liked Greenberg and While We're Young. It's kind of disappointing to see him go back to a 15-year-old sketch character.

Poor man's Adam Sandler.

He's got some good ones

Zoolander

There's Something About Mary

Flirting with Disaster

Tropic Thunder

Personally I didn't like Meet the Parents but many would include that.

Liked the first one the more I had seen it.

Its stupid humor. Not worth really paying much for it.

Netflix or redbox or whatever for this one later when in the mood for mindless jokes.

Poor man's Adam Sandler.

Meet the Parents...though, might be more because of DeNiro.

Meet the Parents...though, might be more because of DeNiro.

a hilarious movie, I admit. I would never watch it again though.

Something about Mary IS hilarious and I have seen it at least 10 times.

It's not just him, but he is the main character.

Stiller had been solid in some non comedy roles over the past few years. I really liked Greenberg and While We're Young. It's kind of disappointing to see him go back to a 15-year-old sketch character.

I liked the Secret Life of Walter Mitty even though it could have been much better

I liked the Secret Life of Walter Mitty even though it could have been much better

I heard that was hot garbage but maybe I will check it out on your recommendation. :thumbsup:

If you haven't see Greenberg check it out. Stiller plays the biggest ass hole and he is exactly like a few people I've met. Really awkward to watch but I liked it.

Poor man's Adam Sandler.

I enjoyed Dodgeball

How about Keeping the Faith with Edward Norton and Stiller? :D

I heard that was hot garbage but maybe I will check it out on your recommendation. :thumbsup:

If you haven't see Greenberg check it out. Stiller plays the biggest ass hole and he is exactly like a few people I've met. Really awkward to watch but I liked it.

I have seen Greenberg and agree it was interesting. Greta Gerwig kinda annoys me though -- too much of a little indie darling

I recommend Walter Mitty for one of those days when you're not looking for anything brilliant and will just accept it for what it is

The problem with the movies that are listed for Stiller above Is this, All of the funny scenes that I can think of came from other actors.I loved Something About Mary, I think it is one of the funniest comedies I've ever seen, But ben stiller had nothing to do with it. You could have plugged in Owen Wilson or Any other actor For his role in the movie still would have been just as good. In fact, come to think of it, If you plugged in the guy that plays ant man, The movie would have been better Hands down.

The problem with the movies that are listed for Stiller above Is this, All of the funny scenes that I can think of came from other actors.I loved Something About Mary, I think it is one of the funniest comedies I've ever seen, But ben stiller had nothing to do with it. You could have plugged in Owen Wilson or Any other actor For his role in the movie still would have been just as good. In fact, come to think of it, If you plugged in the guy that plays ant man, The movie would have been better Hands down.

Ehh, some of those movies needed a straight man to rip off of, which Stiller plays pretty well. Thinking Flirting with Disaster and There's Something About Mary in particular.

in a movie Sandler was the lead actor, his movies have made 2.9 billion world wide

Stiller is 3.5

:o

Best known as a Leading Actor based on credits in that role in 24 films, with $3,473,002,077 worldwide aggregate box office

Best known as a Leading Actor based on credits in that role in 26 films, with $2,965,495,385 worldwide aggregate box office

in a movie Sandler was the lead actor, his movies have made 2.9 billion world wide

Stiller is 3.5

:o

Those Night at the Museum movies focking killed it overseas, IIRC

Best known as a Leading Actor based on credits in that role in 24 films, with $3,473,002,077 worldwide aggregate box office

Best known as a Leading Actor based on credits in that role in 26 films, with $2,965,495,385 worldwide aggregate box office

I see what you did there. You rounded up first number and round the down the second number.

I see what you did there. You rounded up first number and round the down the second number. And if anything, You should have rounded down the first number and rounded up the second number.

Yes, I totally cheated :D

Zoolander is amazing an extremely underappreciated... People only watch it once and miss alot of the hilarity.

Im sure 2.0 will dissapoint, but i'll watch it.

Zoolander is amazing an extremely underappreciated... People only watch it once and miss alot of the hilarity.

Im sure 2.0 will dissapoint, but i'll watch it.

Helps if you've been hitting those dank nuggs.

Or so I heard, back in college :ninja:

I liked the first one so I'll watch the second one. Not expecting it to be any good but still will see it

Helps if you've been hitting those dank nuggs.

Or so I heard, back in college :ninja:

I haven't watched that movie in a long time... You are probably right... maybe i'd hate it now...

Poor man's Adam Sandler.

Shut up. Zoolander was great. Dodgeball was amazing. Tropic Thunder too. Flirting with Disaster is very good. Plenty of people love the Royal Tennenbaums. Everyone loved Something about Mary and the Meet the Parents movies, I thought those all sucked.

Shut up. Zoolander was great. Dodgeball was amazing. Tropic Thunder too. Flirting with Disaster is very good. Plenty of people love the Royal Tennenbaums. Everyone loved Something about Mary and the Meet the Parents movies, I thought those all sucked.

+1

Tropic Thunder is in my top 20 funniest movies of all time.

Poor man's Adam Sandler.

There's Something About Mary?

sure. First one was was silly stupid fun, the second will be the same. If you didnt like the first one then of course you wont want the 2nd.

a hilarious movie, I admit. I would never watch it again though.

Something about Mary IS hilarious and I have seen it at least 10 times.

It's not just him, but he is the main character.

There's Something About Mary?

Bunch of idiots in this thread. 2oolander is going to be greatness!

• Like 1