Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Under the radar?

Who do you think may have a good season, but isn't currently being discussed? I've heard name like Kevin White, Robert Woods, Marcus Wheaton, Phillip Dorsett and some others thrown around online, but is there anyone you would trade for right now that is currently being valued at next-to-nothing?

Who do you think may have a good season, but isn't currently being discussed? I've heard name like Kevin White, Robert Woods, Marcus Wheaton, Phillip Dorsett and some others thrown around online, but is there anyone you would trade for right now that is currently being valued at next-to-nothing?

I could see woods making some waves.

He is clearly the best WR in LA. (Yes, that's not saying much) but He has been a solid #2 WR and he will get all the opportunity to prove he can be a #1 WR.

noting the lack of talent elsewhere on the roster in terms of WR, I would anticipate that He will be THE guy in LA. That kid they drafted this year has potential too, but he's most likely to be the #3 or possibly #2 WR this year. If he threatens to become the #1 guy, it wont happen until next year or the year after.

Under the radar as far as a guy who can be a legit WR1 but is probably treated like a WR2/3 is Doug Baldwin.

Tyrell Williams seems to have been dismissed, even though I don't think the rookie will be ready to pass him on Rivers proffered list. And Keenan Allen is always hurt.

Cameron Meredith could have a huge year. I love that Glennon will be his qb, though he did strain a thumb ligament in OTAS. Should be ready by camp.

Derek Henry is probably my #1 backup. If anything happens to Murray I love his potential. Though he is also probably being drafted as one of the top backups.

B Perriman he needs to stay on the field but if he can and does I think he will be better than his current ADP.

And W Snead I think he can be worthy of a early wr2 pick.

And D Parker is another young wr that if he can get his head into playing football has the tools to be at least a wr3 or better. Football Guru already talked about him.

B Perriman he needs to stay on the field but if he can and does I think he will be better than his current ADP.

And W Snead I think he can be worthy of a early wr2 pick.

And D Parker is another young wr that if he can get his head into playing football has the tools to be at least a wr3 or better. Football Guru already talked about him.

I had Parker on my fantasy team last year. while he mostly disappointed, there were definitely periods where he performed exceptionally well.

Inconsistent play is fairly typical of young players, and Parker was no exception to this..

There is certainly potential there.

Perriman is also a player I expected big things from, but so far he has not delivered. I think the talent is there. but I'm not sure about where his head is at.

I had Parker on my fantasy team last year. while he mostly disappointed, there were definitely periods where he performed exceptionally well.

Inconsistent play is fairly typical of young players, and Parker was no exception to this..

There is certainly potential there.

Perriman is also a player I expected big things from, but so far he has not delivered. I think the talent is there. but I'm not sure about where his head is at.

I really think the team is just not good. The offense flat out sucks.

I think J Doyle could be a top five te this season.

• Like 1

Call me absolutely insane but I believe this may actually be Eric Ebron's year

I think Garcons is really cheap as a 1 yr WR gem in PPR. That volume of targets should be strong.

Yeah but who is going to be able to complete a pass to him?

Paul Perkins (Lead RB in that committee?)

Coby Fleener (Offense lost 117 targets)

Theo Riddick (Abdullah getting the hype, currently being drafted as RB28)

John Brown (Appears to be rid of the health issues from last year)

I like OJ Howard and Kareem Hunt. Hunt will take over the starting job by week 4 and will excel in that offense especially with the release of McLain. Howard will be good right from the start.

Agree with you gitrdun I think Hunt will indeed take control of the Rb1 postion.

Howard I'm not so sure n about this season, if you are indeed talking about a redraft league.

Rookie te tend to have a tough freshman season in the NFL, and with Brate already on the team and he himself posting a very good season last year I'm a little hesitant on ranking Howard to high on my wn list.

I think Ginn will eat up a lot of those lost 117 targets, plus I think Snead will receive more than the 104 targets he had last season.

And with Peterson taking the early down pounding I think Ingram will surpass his 58 target total.

I think Fleeners target total won't change all that much if anything it will do down.

I think Ginn will eat up a lot of those lost 117 targets, plus I think Snead will receive more than the 104 targets he had last season.

And with Peterson taking the early down pounding I think Ingram will surpass his 58 target total.

I think Fleeners target total won't change all that much if anything it will do down.

What is outlook for Engram. I want to move him on dynasty. Tried to in rookie draft but his value is as low as it can be now.

Not sure about Engram and how the Gmen intend on using him.

He has the skill set of a wr and could be a match up problem for any Defence that they face.

He's clearly a much better talent at the te postion than the other current TE's on the Gmen roster.

But in a keeper league I would jump all over him, if you can't get Howard.

It's going to be fun just to see how the Gmen use him. I think he will see some action in the slot.

I like OJ Howard and Kareem Hunt. Hunt will take over the starting job by week 4 and will excel in that offense especially with the release of McLain. Howard will be good right from the start.

I don't see it on Howard, especially right from the start. He will have an in-line TE roll. There will be limited targets with Evans, Jackson, Brate and even Humphries getting targets. I know Howard has crazy workout numbers, was a high draft choice and Bama doesn't have a great passing offense; but he did not put up great numbers in college. Three TDs as a senior. I think only one came in the redzone.

I don't see it on Howard, especially right from the start. He will have an in-line TE roll. There will be limited targets with Evans, Jackson, Brate and even Humphries getting targets. I know Howard has crazy workout numbers, was a high draft choice and Bama doesn't have a great passing offense; but he did not put up great numbers in college. Three TDs as a senior. I think only one came in the redzone.

I really think that one was on the coaches. Why they didn't absolutely abuse his matchup nightmare for defenses, it's inexplicable to me.

Agree, and I'm not so sure the Bucs will either.

I agree with Bob they have a lot of other mouths to feed.

Keeper league I would hurry up and pick him up early, redraft I don't have him even ranked as a te one yet, I have him at thirteen.

He's worthy of a top twelve ranking, but I don't trust the Bucs on how they might use him.

Howard is not under the radar as he had a break out year last year.

I love me some Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce!

That Redskins rookie Perine could be something.

Also, previously mentioned Snead could have a big year.

Not exactly under the radar but I feel landing Winston or Mariotta late will be smarter than grabbing Ben or Luck early. You won't give up much.

Talking about Howard the te with the Bucs , and not the Rb with the Bears.

I agree, I would rather wait every season for a QB.

Talking about Howard the te with the Bucs , and not the Rb with the Bears.

I agree, I would rather wait every season for a QB.

Ok, gotcha. That makes sense.

Not exactly under the radar but I feel landing Winston or Mariotta late will be smarter than grabbing Ben or Luck early. You won't give up much.

There is a less than a round difference between Ben, Winston and Mariotta in current ADP. It isn't that expensive to take 2 of them (or Cousins) and play match ups. I actually really like Big Ben this year. IF Marty B comes back strong that passing game could be special. During the 22 games that Ben and Bryant played together Ben put up QB3 overall type numbers with two monster 6 TD games back to back. I think he is riskier than Mariotta because of rushing ability but he has the chance to have the epic type season that makes a huge difference.

Also, I know the knock on Ben is road/home splits. This year he gets @Cle, @Chi, @ Det and @Indy as part of his road schedule which all look less than daunting.

This is silly and I know it, but I'm not that excited about Big Ben this season.

Anytime a player like Big Ben starts to talk retirement that bothers me.

I didn't like the way he looked last season either.

Paul Perkins (Lead RB in that committee?)

Coby Fleener (Offense lost 117 targets)

Theo Riddick (Abdullah getting the hype, currently being drafted as RB28)

John Brown (Appears to be rid of the health issues from last year)

If you're a ppr league and want to load up early on qb, wr, te. And really gamble on late rbs. Theo Riddick is a good one.

Pair him with a Prosise, Dunbar, Bernard, Woodhead type guys.

Again, very risky, but if you play in multiple redrafts and just want to try something different. Why not?

The deeper the draft goes the more production you gain from Wr than from Rbs.

Now I might be off some but last season in ppr, 54 WRs avg ten or more points per game, only 36 Rbs did the same.

So WRs later in the draft tend to pay off more than Rbs.

The deeper the draft goes the more production you gain from Wr than from Rbs.

Now I might be off some but last season in ppr, 54 WRs avg ten or more points per game, only 36 Rbs did the same.

So WRs later in the draft tend to pay off more than Rbs.

In order to find out whether your last statement was true we would need to examine the ADP distribution. I don't think it was, at least for last season.

In essence, the crux of my skepticism is: If 55% of the RBs that scored double digit points were drafted from round 8 on, while only 30% of WR's drafted from Round 8 on scored double digits, that would make RB's the position to wait on to hit fliers in the draft. Guys like Crowell, Ware, Howard, Riddick, Blount, Coleman. All of them were getting taken in the 8th round or later (or not drafted...ie: Jordan Howard).

For those mid-late round RBs, they were finishing as low-end RB1 and high-end RB2s. The issue isn't so much that it's not possible for WR's to also do the same, it's that the top-tier WR's don't have the propensity to have significant volatility that those high-end RB's did/still do. That, in large part, was the reason "zero RB" became such a popular draft strategy last year. In essence, it's an offshoot of value-based drafting. Minimizing risk and securing higher floors.

Positional scoring difference and lineup settings can dictate when/where the "value" emerges. With most leagues being 2RB/3WR + a FLEX, WR's are being drafted en masse earlier than RB's. I believe last season the comparable RB-WR was approximately one round. So the WR20 was being drafted a round earlier than the RB20... the WR40 was being drafted a round earlier than the RB40.

Thanks for the update.

I was just going on avg points scored from last season.

Thanks for the reply, it's very interesting info.

What I was simply looking at were the top scoring players both Rbs and WRs in ppr.

The top 12 scoring Rb avg a combine 18 points per game, the next 12 avg 12 per game, and next level avg 10, and the last level avg 8 those are points per game.

Top 12 Wr avg 16 points per game, next level was 13 points per game, next level was 12 , and last level was 10 that's simply what I was looking at.

But I like what you typed and it's surely a very interesting take on the issue.

TE Hunter Henry (CHARGERS)

Top 5 TE in 2017

950yds.// 11 TD's

In addition to TE Henry I think the rookie for the Rams, Cooper Kupp, could end up having a pretty decent year.

800 yds./ 8 td's

In addition to TE Henry I think the rookie for the Rams, Cooper Kupp, could end up having a pretty decent year.

800 yds./ 8 td's

8 tds seems like a lot for that offense.

If there's a Rams receiver that's under the radar, it's Pharoah Cooper imo.

I don't particularly want any of them in re-draft, but if I were gonna take a flier at the end of a draft, it's likely him or Robert Woods.

Of course, there's still the issue at quarterback...

Outside of Jordan Howard. Are their any bears or jets players worth rostering?

WR J Doctson could be something in Washington. Cousins is still going to throw the ball plenty in a Gruden offense. I don't see Crowder getting all the love. I'm not saying Doctson will be a pro bowler, but if he stays healthy it's reasonable to expect that he'll out perform his ADP.

Powell in a ppr league is worthy of a roster spot, I don't see him getting into the endzone that often based on the over all teams lack of talent.

As for the Bears I'm still waiting to see you will indeed emerge as their wr1.

That player would be worthy of a wr4 spot on a ff roster.

But I feel about both of those teams like I did about the Niners last season, not to excited about owning any one from those teams

Frozenbeernuts, afte looking more at the Rams I think you may be right in saying 8 td's in that offense for Kupp may be difficult to achieve. I still think he'll get plenty of targets but his td ceiling may look more like 5 to 6 td's for his rookie campaign. His QB needs more time to improve so Kupp's fantasy relevance probably won't come until 2018.

Unless you're in a keeper league, don't waste a draft spot on Howard. I think he'll be productive, but he won't be fantasy relevant (this year).

Here is how Tampa will use him (barring injuries to anyone else of course). Look for Winston to throw about 25-35 passes per game (pending flow, game plan, score, et al). Evans should get double digit targets (about 10-12), per game. Jackson should get close to that where his ceiling is Evans' floor. Brate will probably be next, then Howard, Godwin, Humphires, RB's, etc. So, a typical 30 attempt game is likely to be...

Evans = 10

Jackson = 7

Brate = 5

Howard = 3

Humphries = 2

Godwin / RB's = 3

Remember... that's attempts, not completions. So, even if Howard gets 3 to 5 attempts and catches them all, you're looking at a 100% rate being a 4 catch for 50 yard game. Perfectly fine for a low end TE1, but you need to assume a 65% success rate, so you're looking at maybe 6 points per game. Not really even a backup as far as I'm concerned.

A note of caution for people in a keeper or dynasty league... Brate is currently on a 1-year deal. If Godwin is slow to progress and Humphries is still a "meh" WR, Tampa may very well re-sign Brate for at least another year... maybe 2. If Tampa re-signs Brate, that will limit Howard's production in future years, so don't just assume that you just have to "wait it out" in 2017 and expect high end TE1 numbers going forward. It's possible that it might take another 2 to 3 years after this for him to be that productive (assuming he is a good player).