Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

PMA: Free Agent & Trade Review

You seem quite down on AP. You even mentioned that Ingram will get the goal line work. I think not!!! Ingram was benched due to fumble issues and replaced temporarily by jouneyman Hightower. AP is 100 fold better than Hightower. I promise you if a RB gets handed the ball near the goal line that 9 times out of 10 it will be AP!!!

I figure AP will get closer to 20 touches per game and Ingram will primariliy be the 3rd down back/change of pace guy.

Projecting AP: 1100 rush, 35 rec for 300 yrds & 12 TD total

Terrelle pryor in the same class as aj green? :o

Ea-a-a-a-sy :D If I thought he was a good as Green, I would have said it like that. I'm only talking about the talent being near the same level.

You seem quite down on AP. You even mentioned that Ingram will get the goal line work. I think not!!! Ingram was benched due to fumble issues and replaced temporarily by jouneyman Hightower. AP is 100 fold better than Hightower. I promise you if a RB gets handed the ball near the goal line that 9 times out of 10 it will be AP!!!

I figure AP will get closer to 20 touches per game and Ingram will primariliy be the 3rd down back/change of pace guy.

Projecting AP: 1100 rush, 35 rec for 300 yrds & 12 TD total

I like AP as much as anyone, I have made it a point to draft him as often as I could when it made sense and I was picking somewhere besides 12th.

I said he'd likely share the goal-line work. There's also nothing in Sean Payton's history to suggest he is going to give any back 20 carries/game.

If Ingram is going to be the third-down/COP, why draft Kamara?

Garcon pushing 150 targets? I think I'm higher on him than most but its tough for me to envision that many opportunities. Maybe the offense will have a more focused and effecient passing game... if so, and Garcon does reach that number, he'll surpass his ADP in a big way.

I'm totally sold on what you had to say about T Ginn.

I think his value to the Saints is going to be over looked.

So shhh he's going to be a very good late round pick.

I could see really big things for Alshon Jeffery in Philly if he can stay healthy.

He's by far the most talented WR they have. With Wentz coming on hopefully in his 2nd year, I could see them developing a good chemistry.

If he's healthy he should be no worse than a WR2 but I could see him perhaps being a top 5 WR if all goes really well.

He could be a real gem in dynasty.

Garcon pushing 150 targets? I think I'm higher on him than most but its tough for me to envision that many opportunities. Maybe the offense will have a more focused and effecient passing game... if so, and Garcon does reach that number, he'll surpass his ADP in a big way.

That is exactly why I'm going to devote a column to target projection, to see how realistic this is. Of course, you already knew that :-)

Polecatt I think that with Jeffery aboard that it might indeed help J Matthews.

How do you see that situation? M

I'm totally sold on what you had to say about T Ginn.

I think his value to the Saints is going to be over looked.

So shhh he's going to be a very good late round pick.

I added him to my dynasty league team shortly after the Saints signed him (he and Mike Wallace are the only two geezers I have on that team). I fully intend to buy him all summer long if his ADP is going to hang around in the 14th round.

Marshawn Lynch is a notable RB with a new home. I wouldn't mind seeing a paragraph about him and wouldn't be surprised if he was ranked tops in this group.

Marshawn Lynch is a notable RB with a new home. I wouldn't mind seeing a paragraph about him and wouldn't be surprised if he was ranked tops in this group.

Yeah, not sure how I could fit "retired" in with "Free Agent & Trade" Review, although he was technically traded.

I'm willing to be talked out of my current stance on Lynch, but I've got a bad feeling he will struggle with injuries the same way he did in 2015. Even with that, however, I think he would have probably led off the RB position in my article.