Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Still a possible suspension for Elliot?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11265/ezekiel-elliott

Speaking with SiriusXM Fantasy Sports, ESPN's Adam Schefter said he would be "hesitant" to draft Ezekiel Elliott in fantasy leagues because of uncertainty about the NFL's ongoing investigation.

Schefter is an avid fantasy player as well as the best reporter in the business, so his opinion carries weight. Schefter said he has spoken to some people who gave him a "sense some form of discipline could happen" and others who do not think anything will come of the investigation. Schefter added he expected a news dump to come before the July 4th weekend, but the decision may have been pushed back as the NFL deals with "more information" and holds "more meetings." This investigation is seemingly never ending, and the fact the NFL has not cleared Elliott already suggests they are considering discipline. That concern is not enough to push Zeke out of the first round, but it is worth considering before selecting him in the top five. Jul 3 - 11:50 AM

I would lean toward him not being suspended, but it's anyone's guess with how little info we have. What i would be more concerned about is Elliot's ability to stay out of the dog house in the future. I'm not saying it puts a major dent in his value, but it has been a concern of mine since before he was drafted. Personally, I don't think Elliot would be able to thrive in AZ like Johnson has. Elliot just isn't nearly as good. He has the best two assets a rb could ask for, a stellar Oline and a competent qb.

There is some reason they are keeping the investigation open but it's hard for me to think they have anything the police don't have that dropped charges long ago.

We all know Goodell is pretty bad at handling these kind of situations so who knows what happens.

I don't see there being any long suspension if any. Still, even 1 game missed will bump him down a draft spot or two.

If he plays 16, I think Zeke is the top fantasy RB or right there at it.

He will be better than last season. He won't have the slow start or the early fumbles, hopefully.

Zeke and the coaches have both said he will be more involved in the passing game. I could easily see his receiving numbers improve a good bit.

I don't know that they will reach numbers like D Johnson or Bell, but his rushing stats will be a good bit better.

There is some reason they are keeping the investigation open but it's hard for me to think they have anything the police don't have that dropped charges long ago.

We all know Goodell is pretty bad at handling these kind of situations so who knows what happens.

I don't see there being any long suspension if any. Still, even 1 game missed will bump him down a draft spot or two.

If he plays 16, I think Zeke is the top fantasy RB or right there at it.

He will be better than last season. He won't have the slow start or the early fumbles, hopefully.

Zeke and the coaches have both said he will be more involved in the passing game. I could easily see his receiving numbers improve a good bit.

I don't know that they will reach numbers like D Johnson or Bell, but his rushing stats will be a good bit better.

It wont affect his value by as much as you think.

I think it bumps him down to the bottom of his tier. (meaning David Johnson and LeVeon Bell get ranked ahead of him) but I dont think it will affect him much more than this.

Especially in Keeper/Dynasty leagues.

Actually that's about exactly where I think it will knock him down to

He'll fall below D Johnson and Bell, if he's not already, and to some maybe a WR or two but not much further

At this point, I'd be in favor of the NFL saying "fock it" when it comes to off the field matters. Let the cops handle criminal matters, let teams handle PR matters.

Roger has shown nothing but incompetence and inconsistency when it comes to player discipline.

Actually that's about exactly where I think it will knock him down to

He'll fall below D Johnson and Bell, if he's not already, and to some maybe a WR or two but not much further

I had him below those two already on my list. so he's not moving on my list at all.

but for those who had him higher, I suppose he would drop 1 or 2 slots in the rankings.

No biggie (unless the suspension is a long one)

given that this may be his first suspension, I wouldnt expect a long one. Less than 4 games to be sure.

I already have said I have M Gordon ranked third over the Zeke.

I would have Gordon right behind Zeke

He could finish ahead of Zeke but I still think Zeke likely has the better season

One thing for sure, all three are in the top five.

And all three of them are behind DJ and Bell.

DeMarco Murray has to be up there too somewhere pretty high

DeMarco Murray has to be up there too somewhere pretty high

He is. His late season tail off concerns me a bit. Idk how to rank him exactly. I mean if we go

Djohns

bell

zeke

McCoy

Gordon

Murray

That's pretty damn close to last year's ppg finish for the rbs. There isn't much negative to clearly decrease one of these guys draft positions, but it always feels wrong to kind of copy paste last year's results

How much more involved do you think Henry will be this season with the Titans.

That's the biggest issue I have with ranking both D Murray and Freeman.

I'm not to sure how much more involved both Henry and Coleman will be.

I expect more so then last season.

The coaching staff for the Titans have said Murray is going to get the ball a lot again this year and I believe it

Freeman you have to figure is going to be the main guy in Atlanta if he signs a big contract extension, so watch for that

I don't see either of these guy's role changing a whole lot this season

They should be in the mix of RB1s

I think I see it the other way.

I find it interesting that the Falcons haven't already rewarded Freeman.

And I think the Falcons staff wants to see what they truly have in Coleman, so I think his numbers and work load will indeed grow.

And about D Murray, I think Henry will be a lot more involved in the running game and even more so in short yardage and goal line usage.

Plus last season the Titans where 28th in passing att, based on this past off season they want to pass the ball more. But we will see.

Now with that said I do play in ppr leagues only so I still have Freeman and Murray listed as Rb 1.

I do have Ajayi ahead of both of them at this time , with Fournette closing the gap.

It's tough. But Murray is better than Henry in the pass game, and is probably at least equal in the run game, so why take take that dimension out.

Coleman, as much as I like the guy, is always hurt. If Coleman is healthy all season, Freeman won't come close to last year's numbers. If Coleman gets hurt per usual, expect mostly rb1 numbers from Freeman, even better in ppr

It's tough. But Murray is better than Henry in the pass game, and is probably at least equal in the run game, so why take take that dimension out.

Coleman, as much as I like the guy, is always hurt. If Coleman is healthy all season, Freeman won't come close to last year's numbers. If Coleman gets hurt per usual, expect mostly rb1 numbers from Freeman, even better in ppr

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Henry wont get a true shot until Murray gets hurt. it seems to happen every 2-3 years so he's due for another one soon.

they may give him a few more carries to keep Murray Fresh, but I dont honestly see why they would take that element (pass catching RB)out of their offense.

I don't think there is any question Henry will be getting more att.

He only avg 7 per game last season.

Murray avg 18 att last season, I think it's going to be about 3 or so more per game for Henry.

I'd say that has more to do w what Murray has done w his touches. If Murray is kicking ass on his 11 touches and Henry hasn't done much w his 5 touches then yer feeding Murray.

Which I expect them to do this year, and maybe next year too if things work out. Henry is a must have cuff if you own Murray, but it's Demarco that I'd target for a win now team.

Henry did avg 4.4 yards per att.

But like I said in a ppr league I still have Murray listed as a rb1.

I had him below those two already on my list. so he's not moving on my list at all.

but for those who had him higher, I suppose he would drop 1 or 2 slots in the rankings.

No biggie (unless the suspension is a long one)

given that this may be his first suspension, I wouldnt expect a long one. Less than 4 games to be sure.

+1